Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-17-2010, 03:28 AM   #71
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Goodbye Jeff Reed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Voice in the wilderness here...but I think they cut the wrong guy.
Unless I am mistaken, you think Tomlin should have cut himself and Gay, correct?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:56 AM   #72
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Unless I am mistaken, you think Tomlin should have cut himself and Gay, correct?
Well, ahem, Gay should at least ride the pine. I think the offensive woes have been taken out on Reed. He may just be in a slump.

The bigger issue is that their offense stinks period. That's the problem. They need to make a change at OC.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:09 AM   #73
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Reed was kicking under .500 at Heinz and 0-4 at 40-49 yards, there's no way that's acceptable; combine that with his terrible kickoffs, non-effort on coverages, and off-field antics...I can't believe anyone truly has reservations about giving him the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Well, ahem, Gay should at least ride the pine. I think the offensive woes have been taken out on Reed. He may just be in a slump.

The bigger issue is that their offense stinks period. That's the problem. They need to make a change at OC.
with Reed gone as a scapegoat guess who's next :P
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #74
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Unfortunately we can't change the OC mid season and expect things to get better offensively. I think the Skippy act has just worn thin. Missing as many as he has missed this season is unacceptable. His misses damn near coast us against Atlanta, DID cost us vs Baltimore, and again when he had a chance to ice the game vs Bungles , he missed.
Suisham tends to kick pretty well for new teams , it's the next season or the season after he sgtruggles. Time will tell if this was the right move.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #75
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers17 View Post
Never, repeat NEVER, call your boss a liar!
No kidding. Pissing in a parking lot and fighting cops is one step better than calling the guy who signs your paycheck a liar. What a d-bag. I thought the Steelers should have pursued Piotr Czech. Did he sign somewhere else? They had him in on a few camps and if it weren't for Reed kicking well back then, Czech might have had a job here. He has an awesome leg and does not have the baggage.

http://www.northeastconference.org/n...asp?path=fball

Oh, well, guess the decision has been made.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #76
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Wash/Dallas fans call Suisham 'The Choker' for a reason - they both cut him after big misses last year

If he misses a kick in a crucial game this could blow up in Tomlin's face.

Now I know where I remember him from

Suisham made 18 of 21 field goals for the Redskins in 2009, but he was cut after missing a short field goal in overtime of a potential upset over the Saints. Suisham finished the season with the Cowboys, making two of three fields goals in two regular-season games and missing two of three in a playoff loss to the Vikings, including a 48-yard attempt that would have given the Cowboys a lead.
I was at the game in Washington with my wife. She's a huge Saints fan (yes it was awkward around here a couple of weeks ago.)

We left right before Suisham lined up for that kick figuring the game was over and wanting to beat traffic.

We turned on the Sirius radio in the car and my wife looks at me and says "Why does it say the game's tied?"
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #77
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,799 Posts

Don Banks of SI.com pretty much sums up the end of the Jeff Reed era in his power rankings for this week (in which the Steelers only drop to #4)

Now I can always say I was in the stadium for Jeff Reed's final game as the Steelers kicker, because Pittsburgh whacked the surly one after he shanked a 26-yarder against the Patriots, his seventh miss this season. It just goes to prove you can be a jerk as long as you make about 80-85 percent of your kicks. But being a jerk and converting in the 68 percent range is a very bad combination indeed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote