Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Reed is new Scapegoat for Arians

Something had to change. Reed took the hit instead of the real issue. Offensive Coordinator. The Offensive Coordinator is in charge of the offense. During the first half of the Patriots game, there was not much offense. 3 points by Reed. That makes it Reed 1 - Arians 0. Since the Steelers were never really threatening in the game Reed's miss as bad as it was, was not really significant to the outcome. The real issue was Arians game plan at the beginning of the game because that is when the plays are scripted. Going 3 and out on the first several possessions is like missing a chip shot fg or worse.
Also the Steelers did manage to get down to the redzone twice in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs and managed only 3 points. Ward was out, but Arians knew that. He needed to make adjustments. That does not mean throwing fade routes to El or little Sanders. Spaeth or Millar maybe.

Alot hangs on the Defense. They failed to get to Brady and gave up 32 points.

Arians play calling is bad as usual. Arians has a magic ring that protects him, the superbowl ring. Reed has two. Again Reed wins. Is there any wonder why Arians has not received a head coaching job or at least an interview. That is what Superbowl rings do for OC's. Other teams see what we see. He is the one that needs to go. Not Reed. I would not be surprised to see Reed wearing a Raven or Patriots or Bengals uniform.

Last edited by Hayeksheroes; 11-17-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Re: Reed is new Scapegoat for Arians

Reed was cut for more than his FGs. I agree that Arians is a big part of the problem, but he's not the only thing wrong with this team right now.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

I agree with the OP. It's easier to cut one guy, albeit a kicker, than a coordinator in this case.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I agree with the OP. It's easier to cut one guy, albeit a kicker, than a coordinator in this case.
You sound like a politician. There is only one reason the Steelers don't have 7 Lombardi's. Arians is still OC.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
You sound like a politician. There is only one reason the Steelers don't have 7 Lombardi's. Arians is still OC.
Hey, I'm on your side.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
I would not be surprised to see Reed wearing a Raven or Patriots or Bengals uniform.
You forgot the Jets.
Good post, by the way, I agree with you.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts

Quote:
I would not be surprised to see Reed wearing a Raven or Patriots or Bengals uniform.
Bengals have already passed on him. They signed some undrafted guy (Pettrey) after we signed Suisham.

Reed will most likely go somewhere else. But he obviously wasn't working out here...on the field and off the field. I think if one or the other had been better, he'd still be here.

Someone posted something in another Reed thread...it was a joke, but it still made sense..."Jeff, you can be an asshole or you can be bad kicker, but you can't be both." He was being both, so he got canned.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

Someone posted something in another Reed thread...it was a joke, but it still made sense..."Jeff, you can be an asshole or you can be bad kicker, but you can't be both." He was being both, so he got canned.
Not completely accurate. Santonio got canned for 1 reason and it wasn't football.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
Hayeksheroes
Banned

You don't fire an all pro kicker in mid season. Wait until the end of the year. We'll see how this decision pans out.
The Steelers should not have let go Parker. I'm still upset about that. Mendenhall/Moore tandem is not an upgrade from last year. I'd rather have Mendenhall/Parker/Moore. Security does matter.

The Steelers are a contender if they can remain healthy. They have very little depth. That is the real issue. Reed is a sideshow.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
You don't fire an all pro kicker in mid season. Wait until the end of the year. We'll see how this decision pans out.
The Steelers should not have let go Parker. I'm still upset about that. Mendenhall/Moore tandem is not an upgrade from last year. I'd rather have Mendenhall/Parker/Moore. Security does matter.

The Steelers are a contender if they can remain healthy. They have very little depth. That is the real issue. Reed is a sideshow.
Its about money. Parker wanted more money than he was worth, and Reed wanted to be the highest paid kicker with the lowest percentage. It's a business, and they weren't following the unwritten rules of money
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote