Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful
Default Michael Vick

This guy deserves his own thread. Watching the replays again, I was just blown away.
I have to say it...best arm I have ever seen. His long ball is unbelievable. It's a frozen rope with a dead center perfect spiral. He has such an usual delivery too. It looks effortless and the ball comes out like a rocket. He's basically the custom player you create in Madden. He's elusive, fast and has got an unbelievable gun with accuracy. I'm sure teams will figure out a way to stop him and that offense but in the meantime, it's fun watching this guy play.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,056 Times in 3,445 Posts
Default Re: Michael Vick

brett favre

it is fun watching him play. some of his throws remind me of steve youngs pretty spiral. he paid his dues and is finally looking like the player he was hyped up to be (and that was the michael jordan of football).

he's still got a lot more winning to do and prove he can remain healthy for and extended period of time. the debate was "fun" around here when there was speculation the steelers were one of the teams who might give him his 2nd opportunity after prison release.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I'm considering Vick the new Warner. His first year back last year he was about the same age as Warner his first year back in the NFL. Now he's starting because of injury and he's pretty much taken over this team, and unless Reid decides to go with Kolb and release or trade Vick, I think he takes them to a superbowl in the upcomming seasons, if not this season. That's if he stays healthy and does not get an ego again and decides to start raping chickens.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Yeah...Vick deserves props. He has really worked on his accuracy and decision making. He has 2 good weapons too. I think the Eagles just may win the NFC. This weeks game against the Giants should be good.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,154 Times in 3,214 Posts

The New York Times has a story up on Vick's comeback

As Vick Soars, Stigma of Conviction Fades

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/sp...19vick.html?hp

Of course when there is a round hole into which a square peg needs to be driven to to make a photo caption work sportwriters are up to the task

Below pictures of Vick, Tiger Woods, and Roethisbereger that lead the story we have this caption

Michael Vick, center, has managed a comeback from his troubles on a scale that has eluded other athletes like Ben Roethlisberger, left, and Tiger Woods, right.

Yep - Roethlisberger has been back 5 weeks (as opposed to Vick being back for a season and 1/2), plays on a team with the same 6-3 record as Vick, and has a passer rating in the top 5 - clearly his comeback has flopped

Vick had a transcendent game on Monday but the idea his comeback has succeeded while Ben''s has fallen short is ..... premature

And as far as the hypothesis of the NYT story that winning fixes a public image, check out the blistering comments section following the story

Goodell's nightmare is the Vick story dominating Super Bowl week
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I hope Vick does do well just so Goodell resigns or does somethign stupid to get himself removed in someway.

But I don't know how Ben's story is really a comeback, he's been through less, he wasn't convicted of anything, sure he was an ass and he wont be an ass anymore, but that's not anything to come back from, thats every NFL players history just Ben had the bad luck of running into a greedy *****.

When Favre comes back next year, they'll be saying how he came back from the nude photo's scandel and such and no one will really care.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,430 Times in 2,735 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

his success has a lot to do with the fact he's grown up after going to prison and basically having to start all over again for his opportunity in the NFL. We're seeing a much more humble michael vick and i believe that's the root of his turnaround
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #8
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i know we've been down this road before.. he's fun to watch on the field.. but that doesn't change the fact the guy is sick in the head. call it the culture, or whatever the hell you want.. still not a guy i'd want to be around. his brain is still more warped than any of us can imagine.

he did his time, was rehabilitated.. yada, yada, yada.. why do Vick apologists keep trying to force this down everyone's throats? rapists and pedos do their time and are "rehabilitated" in prison.. i don't see people praising them for coming back from the sick shit they brought on themselves and making it in society after prison. Vick brought on everything that came to him by himself.. i fail to see how this is a heart-warming comeback story like everyone is trying to paint it as being. a true comeback story is a guy who suffers a career threatening injury, works his ass off and comes back the best way he can. that guy took the hand that was dealt to him and made the best of it. that's a far cry from trying to resurrect your career only because you were caught. if Vick hadn't been caught, he'd be living that lifestyle to this day. Richard Collier is the one that should be getting praised endlessly, not Mike Vick.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #9
Steelerfan58
Water Boy

Member Number: 7300

Beating defenceless dogs off the sides of trees till they stop whimpering must give you good arm strength.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #10
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,430 Times in 2,735 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i wish michael vick would pay my neighbor's dogs a visit, they do jack shit but bark constantly till 11pm every day
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote