Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338
Default 8 Year Old Jets Fan

I wanted to pass this story on that I first read on Theredzone.org just moments ago and I want to say that this is a Disgrace to all NFL Team Fans. Anyone who could do this of any teams' fans is a Disgrace . .. .

8-year-old Jets fan tackled after Jets/Browns game

Nov 17 11/17/2010 8:16:51 AM | More
Fans passionately support their home team and in Cleveland it is no different. According to Paul Kiska of WEWS 5 in Cleveland, however, things got out of hand last Sunday at the Jets/Browns game.
One Cleveland -area mom was a little concerned when her husband tooke their 8-year-old son, who are both Jets fans, to the game but reasoned that "Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never." Her son wore at Jets jersey to the game.
Things were fine during the game but got rowdy outside. People "were calling him a bad name and throwing food. " The worst was when they were walking to the parking lot to leave. ďAs he was walking, holding my sonís hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dadís hand. He was on the ground crying,Ē the mom said. Her son's ankle was scraped at bruised but the father opted to get in the car and get away as soon as possible rather than call the police.
Since she could not confront the bullies in person, the 8-year-old's mom wrote a letter about the incident to the Cleveland Plain Dealer instead.
Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the incident unfortunate and disappointing, and said team officials are looking into the situation. The Muni Lot is operated by the City of Cleveland. Cleveland parks and recreation director Michael Cox told NewsChannel5 rowdy fan behavior, like this incident, is one of the reasons the lot no longer opens at 4 a.m. on game days. The city has been adding extra security to the lot because of some rowdy fans.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976
Default Re: 8 Year Old Jets Fan

that is seriously messed up.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
HOFCitySteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 13855

Ridiculous!!!! You should here these idiots on the Cleveland radio stations. Bob Golic made the comment that you don't wear the other teams colors to our stadium. Other people have called in and said things like whats an 8 year old doing at a pro game anyways, hes to young to be at a pro game. Not all of them but a good percentage of their fans around here are morons and they wonder why people can't stand them.
HOFCitySteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

"What is an 8 year old doing at the game?" i guess it's okay as long as they're 8 year old Browns fans... idiots...
Old 11-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFCitySteelers View Post
Ridiculous!!!! You should here these idiots on the Cleveland radio stations. Bob Golic made the comment that you don't wear the other teams colors to our stadium. Other people have called in and said things like whats an 8 year old doing at a pro game anyways, hes to young to be at a pro game. Not all of them but a good percentage of their fans around here are morons and they wonder why people can't stand them.
I'm sure they'd be saying the exact same thing if this happened to a Browns fan in the Meadowlands. What nonsense. I don't like the Jets but what happened to this kid was inexcusible.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

A parent whether it be a mom or dad should be able to take their child to a Pro Game in Any Sport and Not be treated this way
Old 12-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #7
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

WTF? When I was in Burgh Cleveland fans were treated nicely even though these Browns fans were grown up. & the Browns were fans were nice people 2. Whatever happened 2 that kid is just ridiculous.