Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Chalk it up to 1 bad game

The Pats came in and took the game to us and we came out completely flat. 6-3 with a big game against the Raiders at home and a very winnable road game against Buffalo, I'll take. I think we're all worried that Sunday night's performance could turn into the big slide of 09. If we lose against the Raiders that could be the case. I think we get a solid bounce back win and our D returns to form haunting Jason Campbell all day.

Steelers 8-3 going into Baltimore.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Chalk it up to 1 bad game

Steelers are lucky to have the Raiders at home, its a well known fact when west coast teams come to the east coast and play 1'oclock games they lost alot. The exact statistic is that they lose 87% of the time, atleast that's the last time I heard about it on NFL network, but since then (2-3 years ago) west coast teams have started playing earlier so when they come out east they don't have any jet lag, but it really hasn't helped.

Buffalo hasn't been in a 1 sided game all season, plus they are pass happy, I wouldn't say that's very winnable, Steelers will have to put their best out on the field the rest of the season.
But I'd say they need to worry about these 2 games before thinking about Baltimore.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I agree the season is far from over. We can still make a run. I really worry about the next 3 or 4 years though.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,138 Times in 556 Posts

quite simply IMO, we lose against the raiders, then I don't think we make the playoffs

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
I agree the season is far from over. We can still make a run. I really worry about the next 3 or 4 years though.
Yeah, I definitely agree with ya on that one-- I definitely see a brief rebuilding period coming up in the next few seasons. The Steelers changed their MO of late, signing first Polamalu to a $32 million contract (made him the highest paid safety at the time), then Big Ben got his $100 million, then SIlverback got his $57 million.

The Steelers used to let high-priced players walk, but have hedged their future a little bit in return for some immediate success.

Folks want to blame everything on Tomlin, but we have to keep in mind, not only are the Steelers under a relatively new head coach-- they are also under new management, since Art Rooney has only taken control of the team once his pops was made ambassador to Ireland.

There will be a learning curve for both....
Old 11-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

1 Bad game? I think you left out the fact the titans came back and were a deflected pass away from winning. McCoy looked like a seasoned vet, the offensive play calling in the Saints game was embarrassing and the jury is still out in Miami.

I want to see adjustments. Waiting every Sunday to see the Defense to come out on fire and a fullback to give Mendy running room!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
Set-Man
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
1 Bad game? I think you left out the fact the titans came back and were a deflected pass away from winning. McCoy looked like a seasoned vet, the offensive play calling in the Saints game was embarrassing and the jury is still out in Miami.

I want to see adjustments. Waiting every Sunday to see the Defense to come out on fire and a fullback to give Mendy running room!
I agree. I actually think Ben coming back has made the defense relax too much. Where is that D that showed up the first 4 games. I guess we really do miss Aaron Smith, Keisel but the D has to be able to cope.

There have been no halftime adjustments that have made a difference on the defensive side.
Set-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,240 Times in 994 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

they have to let Troy play his game
there's no spark on defense
and the offense is basically dead
first 4 games we won because of all the turnovers
the defense was creating and our QBs did not lose us those games
things have to change like our running back do they have any faith in mandy
i know this is a 2 back league but c'mon hes touched the ball like 15 times last game i dont think they use him enough and the passing game sucks!!! i dont know i guess im still pissed
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #9
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,913 Times in 732 Posts

The reason Lebau is not having Troy play like Troy because of the problems with Secondary. I know you guys want Troy to do what he does best, but I think Lebau is doing the right thing by having Troy play like a normal safety and not let big yardage on one play. On the other hand I think he should blitz more and force QBs to make the wrong decision
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
The reason Lebau is not having Troy play like Troy because of the problems with Secondary. I know you guys want Troy to do what he does best, but I think Lebau is doing the right thing by having Troy play like a normal safety and not let big yardage on one play. On the other hand I think he should blitz more and force QBs to make the wrong decision
how has that been working for us?