Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 03-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #1
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031
Default Eric Moulds...

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds' advisor, Gerg Johnson, said the Philadelphia Eagles and the Houston Texans are moving faster than the New England Patriots to try to land Moulds. Johnson said, "It's not going to work out [with New England]. The timing's not right. The only way it would get done now is if it falls apart with these other teams, and I don't see that happening." He believes everything will be settled in the next 48 hours.

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Eric Moulds...

It will be interesting to see what the Eagles/ Texans are willing to pony up for Moulds.

Alot of rumors suggest that the Pats would part with a 4th rounder for his services, but the Bills are holding out for a 3rd rounder.

My only feeling is that if two teams make similar offers, the team not named the Patriots will be the one doing business with the Bills.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,012 Times in 3,426 Posts

but didnt the pats give up a 2nd rounder for corey dillon and then a year later no one would even give a 2nd rounder for e. james or s. alexander (who went on to lead the league in yards and td's.)? i wouldnt be suprised to see the pats up the ante for moulds.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

agents will say stuff like that as part of the public bargaining so who knows. same stuff was said how the Bledsoe trade with Buffalo wasnt going to work out.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I doubt the Bills are gonna give up Moulds to the Patriots without somehow raping them in the process.You don't give a player of that caliber to a team in your division,especially a team that has dominated the division the past few years like the Pats have.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
but didnt the pats give up a 2nd rounder for corey dillon and then a year later no one would even give a 2nd rounder for e. james or s. alexander (who went on to lead the league in yards and td's.)? i wouldnt be suprised to see the pats up the ante for moulds.
Yeah they did - but he was still relatively young.

I think it was still a good value trade - Dillons first year was phenomonal - unfortunately injury played a huge part last year.

I think Mould has maybe one more good season in him, 2 at the most.

We dont need to two Troy Browns on the team, especially if he is going to cause us Salary Cap problems.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:37 PM   #7
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Yeah they did - but he was still relatively young.

I think it was still a good value trade - Dillons first year was phenomonal - unfortunately injury played a huge part last year.

I think Mould has maybe one more good season in him, 2 at the most.

We dont need to two Troy Browns on the team, especially if he is going to cause us Salary Cap problems.

NM
good luck without him. maybe you can have 2 bethel johnsons on the team instead. salary cap problems? God forbid they actually pay someone what theyre worth.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
good luck without him. maybe you can have 2 bethel johnsons on the team instead. salary cap problems? God forbid they actually pay someone what theyre worth.
They seem to have done sticking to this policy over the last 5 years.

They still have the best QB in the game.

They have two Elite ILB's in Vrabel and Bruschi.

They have the best 3-4 DE in the game.

With Dillon fully recovered I think he will be good for 1200-1400 yard this year - unless he has to spilt time with a high round draft pick.

Worth is such a subjective term Tony - its what the Pats front office think that counts.

NM
Old 03-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

Worth is such a subjective term Tony - its what the Pats front office think that counts.

NM
of course. how could i be so mistaken. forgive me for thinking any other team or their fans could have an opinion that actually "counts".

how nice to be a patfan where all opinions are fact by proxy.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
of course. how could i be so mistaken. forgive me for thinking any other team or their fans could have an opinion that actually "counts".

how nice to be a patfan where all opinions are fact by proxy.
Apology accepted Tony.

And yes, it is nice.

NM