Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #31
SteelersHoss
Bench Warmer
 
SteelersHoss's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cold Canada
Posts: 300
Gender: Male
Member Number: 817
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

Thats okay, maybe it will lower the ticket prices. Which brings me to my next question. Anyone with seaon tickets, willing to sell their home opener tickets. I am willing to pay good money. Also, i am Canadian and will be coming down(hopefully), are their many scalpers??????

Canadian Guy

jayhoss@hotmail.com
SteelersHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #32
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

yeah, why enjoy the moment and let the fans have a great time? Its definatly a time to ignore it ever happened.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #33
SuperSteelers
Draft Prospect
 
SuperSteelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: From Pittsburgh... live in Texas.
Posts: 97
Member Number: 1576
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Arrow Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

I know others will disagree with me, and that's fine because I don't think there is a right or wrong in this case. Personally, reading the news release made me proud to be a Steelers fan. Mr. Rooney said "...that's just not our way.." epitomises the whole Steeler organiation. What the Steelers stand for and how the organization acts is the main reason that I am a Steelers fan EVERY season, not just when they are victorious. It is the reason that we don't sign players that have personality problems, use drugs, commit crimes... etc, while other teams grab whomever they can get.

They are not just another team to win the championship, they are different. That difference starts from the ownership, coaching, players and all the way down to the fans. For anyone that knows me in real life, they will tell you that I am a huge Steelers fan. I celebrated for hours (in enemy territory) following our vicotry. I drove 350 miles to attend the victory parade. But I agree with Mr. Rooney. Let's do this our way.
__________________
SuperSteelers
SuperSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:17 AM   #34
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersHoss
Thats okay, maybe it will lower the ticket prices. Which brings me to my next question. Anyone with seaon tickets, willing to sell their home opener tickets. I am willing to pay good money. Also, i am Canadian and will be coming down(hopefully), are their many scalpers??????

Canadian Guy

jayhoss@hotmail.com
Season ticket holder here. Lower ticket prices? That never happens. They stay the same or get bumped up. Selling opening day tickets, sorry. I never sell. As for scalpers, I personally would not go that route. It seems every year there is a case in this city where a group are selling counterfeit tickets. This past season I believe a group from NYC or Buffalo came down here and were selling counterfeit tickets. After winning the Super Bowl, my guess is that there will be more than the norm. You can try it, you might get lucky.

My only suggestions are either to keep posting on Steeler websites and ask around, you might be able to snag a few if you call the Steeler front office. Here's the phone number if you are interested......(412) 323-1200 or try Ebay. I never purchased tickets from outside my season ticket package, so I'm not sure how helpful my advice will be. I wish you the best of luck and if you make it here, enjoy and be safe.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:41 AM   #35
melroseplace
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 990
Member Number: 520
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteelers
I know others will disagree with me, and that's fine because I don't think there is a right or wrong in this case. Personally, reading the news release made me proud to be a Steelers fan. Mr. Rooney said "...that's just not our way.." epitomises the whole Steeler organiation. What the Steelers stand for and how the organization acts is the main reason that I am a Steelers fan EVERY season, not just when they are victorious. It is the reason that we don't sign players that have personality problems, use drugs, commit crimes... etc, while other teams grab whomever they can get.

They are not just another team to win the championship, they are different. That difference starts from the ownership, coaching, players and all the way down to the fans. For anyone that knows me in real life, they will tell you that I am a huge Steelers fan. I celebrated for hours (in enemy territory) following our vicotry. I drove 350 miles to attend the victory parade. But I agree with Mr. Rooney. Let's do this our way.
__________________
It's Miller time!
melroseplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #36
SteelerzGirl
Banned
 
SteelerzGirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Steelers Country!
Posts: 2,099
Gender: Female
Member Number: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

The Steelers will conduct opening festivities as the class act that they are and always will be as long as the Rooneys are running the show, which will be forever! I'm sure there will be some type of small celebration, and I'm sure the fans will be tailgating and all pumped up and crazy and enjoying a good time even if there were absolutely no opening festivities because our Pittsburgh Steelers are the 2005 Super Bowl XL Champions. We know it and we're proud of it! That's enough for me. I'll take class over tacky anyday!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #37
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Do you mean firing blanks? Never heard the "firing blacks" expression. Nigel, I was just calling you a wild and crazy chappy fellow. That's all...lol. Settle down Nigel. You seem so tense as of late. The last thing I would want to do is piss off a Brit who's parent's named him "Nigel". Trust me.
No tenseness here.

In fact most of the time its all too leisurely, too easy.......

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 03-30-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #38
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
No tenseness here.

In fact most of the time its all too leisurely, too easy.......

NM
lol, right. Ok Nigel.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #39
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,632
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,402
Thanked 10,922 Times in 4,520 Posts
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
The Steelers definitely didnt gain any extra fans after their SB win.

I, for one, certainly didn't notice any sort of massive surge in forum membership after the game.

No way.

NM
its actually very flattering that you see this forum as the barometer but you may want to conduct a more scientific poll to back up your wacky assertation.

i guess your point is no team could have bandwaggonners hop on it like the patriots have. whats youre fanbase at now? like 5,000,000? at this rate, with 2 more sb wins youd be pushing 7 mil.

there are new steelerfans born every day. in about 5-10 years the majority of the patriots fanbase will begin procreating so theres hope yet to have the largest fanbase in the afc east atleast.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #40
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Steelers to downplay opening festivities....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
its actually very flattering that you see this forum as the barometer but you may want to conduct a more scientific poll to back up your wacky assertation.

i guess your point is no team could have bandwaggonners hop on it like the patriots have. whats youre fanbase at now? like 5,000,000? at this rate, with 2 more sb wins youd be pushing 7 mil.

there are new steelerfans born every day. in about 5-10 years the majority of the patriots fanbase will begin procreating so theres hope yet to have the largest fanbase in the afc east atleast.
My point is that people are quite happy to keep pointing the finger at the Pats and say they consist mostly of Bandwagoners - when in fact they were selling out their stadium well before the SB wins.

A huge influx of posters right after the SB win tells me the Steelers have just as many.

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts