Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
whitt
Water Boy

Member Number: 16155
Default Hey Steeler fans (from a Raider fan)

You guys are a class bunch. I typically go to opposing teams forums the week before gametime to see what`s up and sometimes I chip in a bit. Most of what I`ve seen here is good, educated football talk and I salute you all. Todays game was a disappointment for me not because we lost, but I thought our Oline was better than what showed today. I also thought our Dline should have taken more advantage of your injured Oline and pressured Ben much more. Neither was the case today. The Raiders were schooled big time. Why run McFadden up the middle and not on the outside? Ouch, tough loss. Just hope we come out pissed at the fins next week at home.

Anyway, you`all have a great team and good luck to you. Take care, JW
whitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Hey Steeler fans (from a Raider fan)

thanks for the kind words. We are definitely a fair bunch (obviously today even though we won big we had to deal with some of, if not, the worst officiating in the history of the game...)
I was thinking the game would be much closer today.
I was also surprised that even though we are known to stop the run, that McFadden only had 10 carries.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
whitt
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
thanks for the kind words. We are definitely a fair bunch (obviously today even though we won big we had to deal with some of, if not, the worst officiating in the history of the game...)
I was thinking the game would be much closer today.
I was also surprised that even though we are known to stop the run, that McFadden only had 10 carries.
My oldest son is in college down in SoCal and he is a Steelers fan. We texted back and forth today and most of my texts were, "That was a horrible call against you guys".
I agree, horrible calls against you guys. At the same time, I was yelling, "holding" on many plays as well when big Ben had 20 minutes to throw......lol. But there was no doubt, the Steelers were the dominate team today. We were outcoached, outclassed and the Raiders left their intensity that they had against the Broncos, Chiefs and Seahawks at home. Maybe it was the bye......we are 0-8 after a bye.....WTF????
Old 11-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

thanks for registering to offer a very classy post aftersuch a tough loss for you guys.

no gloating here on my part. i think i speak for many steelerfans in saying we are more livid at the officiating, than happy about what should be a great win.

todays game leaves a bad taste in the mouth of many.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitt View Post
You guys are a class bunch. I typically go to opposing teams forums the week before gametime to see what`s up and sometimes I chip in a bit. Most of what I`ve seen here is good, educated football talk and I salute you all. Todays game was a disappointment for me not because we lost, but I thought our Oline was better than what showed today. I also thought our Dline should have taken more advantage of your injured Oline and pressured Ben much more. Neither was the case today. The Raiders were schooled big time. Why run McFadden up the middle and not on the outside? Ouch, tough loss. Just hope we come out pissed at the fins next week at home.

Honestly, I was shocked at what when down on line of scrimmage today. I thought the same as you about the Steelers pass rush and their personnel issues on their o-line.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Im glad he didn't view the board after last weeks loss. All you heard was name calling. Cheat, gay...etc..etc..
Old 11-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Im glad he didn't view the board after last weeks loss. All you heard was name calling. Cheat, gay...etc..etc..
show me a raiderfan who doesnt think brady is a gay cheat....
Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
show me a raiderfan who doesnt think brady is a gay cheat....
Heh this is true, remember guys before the 2001 AFC championship game, this was the team that got screwed by Brady and the "tuck rule" so they were probably cursing his name before we were. Can't stand Brady. Hate how he whines whenever something doesn't go his way. That and the fact he looks like Bieber haha.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
whitt
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Heh this is true, remember guys before the 2001 AFC championship game, this was the team that got screwed by Brady and the "tuck rule" so they were probably cursing his name before we were. Can't stand Brady. Hate how he whines whenever something doesn't go his way. That and the fact he looks like Bieber haha.
I`m old enough to remember the tuck game. Earlier that year, the Raiders beat Pitts but it was not to be that we replay again.....(that year) lol
Old 11-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #10
caplovestroyp43
Team Captain

Member Number: 16490
Thumbs up Re: Hey Steeler fans (from a Raider fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitt View Post

When you give respect, you surely will receive it. It's HARD when your team loses; trust me last week was a nightmare for us! We appreciate your honesty and YOUR class as well! Feel free to stop by anytime and chat with us. The door is always open.

"We Will Not Go Gently. We Will Unleash Hell" Mike Tomlin
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote