Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Vince Young, melts down after injury, walks out on team.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...TS01/101121013

The Titans lost a football game on Sunday, but quarterback Vince Young lost his starting job, his head coach and perhaps his entire team.

Following a 19-16 loss to the Redskins in overtime, an emotional Young abruptly left LP Field on the heels of what sources said was a verbal confrontation with Coach Jeff Fisher.

Young apparently was upset because he wasnt given a chance to return to action after sustaining a torn flexor tendon in his right thumb, an injury that could require season-ending surgery.

Fisher said Young is no longer the starting quarterback injury or not.

I am very disappointed. I think his teammates are disappointed, Fisher said. You know, there is going to be frustration in losses, and there are times you have to dig deep and fight and turn to one another. I dont think you run. There are some things that need to change.

Young, who was booed in the first half and injured in the third quarter, tossed his shoulder pads and jersey into the stands as he left the field. Tensions escalated in the locker room.

According to sources, Young was talking under his breath, uttering expletives, as Fisher prepared to address the team. When Fisher told him to keep quiet, Young finished dressing and started to leave. Fisher told Young to stop, saying not to run out on your teammates.

Young then told Fisher Im not running out on my teammates, Im running out on you, sources said. More words were exchanged and Young left.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,792 Times in 4,466 Posts
Default Re: Vince Young, melts down after injury, walks out on team.

owner adams is going to have to chose between his longtime coach or the UT qb he loves.

= sticky mess.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

I think he should go with his coach.

Young isn't ever gonna get it. And not to be mean, but I think he's seriously lacking in the intelligence department so he'll never get what he needs to got.

It's amazing how there are so many players in the league that have talent but unfortunately their lack of smarts nullifies it.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

After they release Young, I say the Steelers should sign him...

Being serious, he probably wont start for another team for a while... Unless it's the bengals.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:16 AM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,239 Times in 1,802 Posts

Was this VY's last snap for Titans?

DAVID CLIMER, The Tennessean

Posted on November 21, 2010

A handoff to Chris Johnson for no gain. That could very well be the result of the last snap of the football Vince Young ever plays for the Titans.
With word surfacing of a heated exchange between Young and Coach Jeff Fisher in front of the rest of the team following the overtime loss to Washington on Sunday, it is fair to wonder if this is the end of Young's career with the Titans. He is under contract through the 2011 season but it's hard — if not impossible — to see Fisher and Young coexisting.
But there is one other factor to consider: Bud Adams. The Titans' 87-year-old owner is a longtime supporter and fan of Young. He made it clear that he wanted the Titans to draft Young in 2006. When the team struggled early in Young's rookie season, Adams opined that it was time to push him into the lineup.
And when the Titans began last season 0–6 with Kerry Collins at quarterback, Adams ordered Fisher to make the switch to Young.
That edict from Adams last year did not sit well with Fisher, who believes he should have the final word on personnel decisions.
Stay tuned.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:19 AM   #6
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

But they just signed Randy Moss......They're a lock for the SB.....right???

Please tell me all the Moss ball washers aren't jumping off the bandwagon after just two weeks....lol
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #7
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
owner adams is going to have to chose between his longtime coach or the UT qb he loves.

= sticky mess.
It will be interesting to see how the rest of the Cowboy's season goes, because if Jason Garret is found to be lacking by Jerry Jones the guy I think he'd be most interested in is Jeff Fisher, and I think the interest might be mutual.

Regardless there's no way the titans can go into the 2011 season with both Young and Fisher on the team.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
But they just signed Randy Moss......They're a lock for the SB.....right???

Please tell me all the Moss ball washers aren't jumping off the bandwagon after just two weeks....lol