Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
JetsFan17
Water Boy

Member Number: 17337
Default Thank You For Santonio Holmes

Hey guys. Jets fan from NYC here. Coming in peace.

Just wanted to drop in to say I'm really anticipating our matchup coming up in December.

But really, I am amazed by Holmes. He is the most clutch player I've maybe ever seen wear a Jets uniform. He's only been here for six games, but he has had huge contributions in each of the Jets' last four victories. I think the fifth round pick has already been well worth it. And I think the trade worked out for both parties involved. The Steelers were fed up with him and probably werent going to re-sign him anyway. And Mike Wallace has been an absolute stud replacement.

So, thanks for Santonio and I anticipate or upcoming game greatly. Look forward to more discussion on the forums.
JetsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Thank You For Santonio Holmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan17 View Post
Hey guys. Jets fan from NYC here. Coming in peace.

Just wanted to drop in to say I'm really anticipating our matchup coming up in December.

But really, I am amazed by Holmes. He is the most clutch player I've maybe ever seen wear a Jets uniform. He's only been here for six games, but he has had huge contributions in each of the Jets' last four victories. I think the fifth round pick has already been well worth it. And I think the trade worked out for both parties involved. The Steelers were fed up with him and probably werent going to re-sign him anyway. And Mike Wallace has been an absolute stud replacement.

So, thanks for Santonio and I anticipate or upcoming game greatly. Look forward to more discussion on the forums.
Your right, we weren't going to resign him anyways and Wallace is turning into a star this year and wouldn't have gotten this chance with Santonio. Once again, I think our front office knew what they had in Wallace and made the right call. A 5th round pick isn't much, but Santonio only had a max of 12 games + playoffs left in Pittsburgh and he had worn out his welcome.

For your sake, I hope he's not too happy about the 2 big catches in the last 2 weeks. He might decide to have a party and light up again. I think his next suspension is 8 games.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I was in favor of shipping out the druggie.....But I've never doubted his talent. Wallace is still leaps and bounds behind Holmes at this point.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

I still feel we made a bad move in shipping out a star receiver to a conference rival. It may end up hurting us. I understand the idea of letting Holmes go, but didn't like him going to NY.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
JetsFan17
Water Boy

Member Number: 17337

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
I was in favor of shipping out the druggie.....But I've never doubted his talent. Wallace is still leaps and bounds behind Holmes at this point.
Wallace will get there. The guy is the DeSean Jackson of the AFC. I stole him in the seventh round of a twelve team fantasy league.
JetsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
I still feel we made a bad move in shipping out a star receiver to a conference rival. It may end up hurting us. I understand the idea of letting Holmes go, but didn't like him going to NY.
And much less for a 5th round pick. It was a bad decision, period.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
WeegiesWarriors
Banned

Member Number: 13183

Can't trust a chronic. That's in all walks of life. They can walk a line for a while, but chronics are chronics. He'll blaze up again.
WeegiesWarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #8
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

You're welcome, I still miss Bongtonio, number 6 wouldn't have been possible without him.

He made us potheads proud!!! He proved my point that not everyone that smokes weed is a lazy ass that lives in their mom's basement. I hope he keeps doing well for you except for week 15, I hope he's stoned out of his mind week 15. ;) GL taking the east this year, you guys can't let the pansies win it.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
And much less for a 5th round pick. It was a bad decision, period.
Word was that they would have cut him cleanly if no team offered a pick for him, it's unfortunate it happened so early in the preseason, had it happened later on when Sydney Rice got injured the Vikings may have been willing to part with a 3rd for him.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,097 Times in 943 Posts

Yea. But as a starting receiver, we could not afford him being suspended for an important season game or God forbid, an important playoff game due to his addiction to an illegal controlled substance. The front office could'ent find an answer for that... .... so BAM ! And your welcome...

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote