Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Vince Young's season over

Fisher: Vince Young to the IR list
Posted on: November 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Posted by Josh Katzowitz

Titans coach Jeff Fisher said this evening that Vince Young will need surgery on his flexor tendon injury in his thumb and will be placed on the Injured Reserve list.

Which means that no matter what owner Bud Adams says (psst, he said he wants Young on the roster in 2011 and that Young and Fisher will have to learn how to get along) , Young won’t play again this year.

And so, Fisher’s focus goes elsewhere.

“My focus is no longer on Vince Young,” Fisher said. “My focus is moving forward with the team. Rusty (Smith) will start, and we’ll bring in Chris Simms in the morning, and he’ll be our No. 2 until Kerry (Collins) gets better.”

Though Fisher isn’t sure when Collins will return from his calf injury, he said it might be another week or two.

He does know one thing, though. No matter what Young’s injury status was, he wasn’t going to be the Titans starter after Sunday’s game. That might not be what Adams wants, though.

“My concern is this week,” said Fisher, who did not speak with Adams about the Young situation. “I do have another year left on my contract. My hope is I finish my career here.”

As for repairing his relationship with Young and if this will take apart the locker room?

“My focus is on this football team,” Fisher said. “He’s not going to play any more games this year. We can deal with that when the season is over.

“The locker room knows what happened. The locker room is very much aware. On the field, guys are playing and they don’t know the facts. I shared with them the facts. Vince never came to me and said he wanted to come back in the game.

“Clearly our best opportunity to win the football game was with Vince on the football field. No disrespect to Rusty. He didn’t take starter reps. He hasn’t taken a snap in the NFL. If I thought Vince could have gone back in, he would have gone back in. I was not going to put him on the field, knowing ahead of time he had an injury.”

And even if Young did want to get back in the game, Fisher said he never knew about it.

“He may have told other people, but he didn’t tell the coach, the offensive coordinator or the quarterback coach. So as far as I’m concerned, he didn’t tell anybody.”