Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483
Default Players: Seymour got off too light

Posting this because i think it reflects what we have all been saying!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10329/1106031-66.stm

What if it were Peyton Manning or Tom Brady that Richard Seymour sucker-punched Sunday instead of Ben Roethlisberger? It's a one-way debate his Steelers teammates have had since they returned to practice Wednesday.

Seymour was kicked from the game and fined $25,000.

"It would have been a little more," Antwaan Randle El said. "Or if one of our guys did it, there would have been more."

Hines Ward said on his WDVE radio show Tuesday night that if Seymour had slugged Manning or Brady the Raiders defensive tackle would have been suspended."You're not being consistent with all the fines and the calls," said Ward, who declined to repeat what he said on his show.

"They should have fined him more," guard Chris Kemoeatu said. "I'll say that as much as I can."

There is a consensus among the Steelers that the NFL has some rules for quarterbacks such as Brady and Manning, and other rules for the rest of the league. No defensive player, for example, has had a roughing penalty called on him for hitting Roethlisberger all season.

"I don't know that there've been many roughing the passer calls on me in my career," Roethlisberger said.

As he was being asked whether Seymour's hit on Manning/Brady might have prompted stiffer punishment from the league, Roethlisberger interrupted.

"I know where you're going. We all know the answer to that one. Easy."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10329...#ixzz16IrdaVTh
Old 11-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Re: Players: Seymour got off too light

Ward questions NFL's treatment of Seymour's punch
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_710935.html
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, November 25, 2010

• Hines Ward raised the question earlier this week on his weekly radio show: would the NFL suspend Richard Seymour if the Raiders defensive end punched one of the league's marquee attractions like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? "We all know the answer to that one," Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Wednesday. Roethlisberger was on the receiving end of a Seymour punch last Sunday. The NFL fined Seymour $25,000 a day later, prompting Ward to question whether the league would have come down harder on him he belted a quarterback with more star power. "That's my beliefs, and I wanted to put my beliefs on my radio show," Ward said yesterday.

• The Steelers were penalized 14 times last Sunday but it looks like none of them will lead to fines. Outside linebackers James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley, free safety Ryan Clark and Kemoeatu had yet to hear from the NFL as of late yesterday afternoon. All four were hit with personal fouls Sunday.

• A dig at Roethlisberger on the T. Ocho Show on Tuesday night did not get much of a rise out of the Steelers' players. In the latest episode of the TV show hosted by Bengals wide receivers Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco, Owens called Roethlisberger "soft" for falling to the ground after Seymour punched him. "I don't need to comment on that," Roethlisberger said. "I want to focus on winning championships." Ward added, "We're not even going to listen to T.O.'s show. When you're at that point, you're just trying to pump up your show as much as you can so people can talk about it."

• Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel, who has missed four games since injuring his hamstring in October, practiced as expected yesterday. Strong safety Troy Polamalu (Achilles tendon), wide receiver Antonio Brown (knee) and tight end Matt Spaeth (concussion) did not practice, as expected, because of injuries. Polamalu is expected to play Sunday against the Bills.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Good thing is,this biased $hit is starting to get obvious enough,many other people are starting to take notice,not just Steeler fans!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

It is awesome to hear people, not just Steelers, talking about the BS calls and the bias that Ass-Dell has towards Patriots. The Steelers just need to keep playing hard. Hopefully these calls don't cost us a game this season!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Hopefully these calls don't cost us a game this season!

Or cause us to lose the services of James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, or some other marquee player for a few games....
Old 11-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #6
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

I just want to see Mike Tomlin and the entire team use this as motivation and take it out on their opponents every single week. There is no doubt in my mind that Roger Goodell has been the absolute worse thing for the NFL and his inconsistency is a mockery.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote