Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031
Default GB wants a decision....

The Packers have asked Brett Favre to decide if he will play in 2006 by this weekend, according to reports. Team observers said the deadline was “artificial” and more of a suggestion than a demand. But there’s no denying the Packers would benefit from hearing soon on Favre’s future.

Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said the Packers do want QB Brett Favre to make his decision by Saturday, April 1, which is the latest deadline for the $3 million roster bonus they owe him. However, the deadline is an artificial one, because Favre's contract stipulates the team doesn't have to pay the bonus until September if he returns and doesn't have to pay it at all if he retires. Still, McCarthy said he'd like to see the issue resolved as soon as possible. McCarthy maintained he thinks Favre will play, based on their conversation at Favre's Hattiesburg, Miss., estate earlier this offseason. "I think it's important when you talk to people that you have a chance to look in their eyes," McCarthy said. "I could be dead wrong, (but) I've always felt that he still wanted to play."

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!

Last edited by DIESELMAN; 03-30-2006 at 01:30 AM.
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:06 AM   #2
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Re: GB wants a decision....

After hearing comments from Farve at the start of last season and toward the end of the season, I'd say he should pack it in and retire. He's lost the desire to play.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:25 AM   #3
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

I'd like to see him come back and play another year to at least go out on a better note.He tried to carry the whole team lat year with losing his #1 & #2 WR's and RB's and half his O-line.Brett still has an arm on him and he can still sling it downfield.I think it all depends on what GB's FO does during the off season to improve a few things I think thats what Brett's waiting on to see if it would be worth coming back or if it'll be another year like last year.

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm
After hearing comments from Farve at the start of last season and toward the end of the season, I'd say he should pack it in and retire. He's lost the desire to play.
Yeah, i saw an interview where he said something along the lines of "not wanting it" anymore. Kinda sad really...
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Looks like Brett thumbed his nose at making some kind of decision over the weekend.

The Packers need to make the decision for him and just move on without him.
He's been holding Green Bay hostage long enough now trying to figure out what he wants to do.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #6
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I have to agree with ya there. Give their new kid the reins and see what he can do.

To be honest... I never cared for him much as a QB. He throws alot of bad picks. He has 255 career interceptions. He threw 29 last year alone. The next highest was 17.

He should pack in it and retire. There's no need to drag out his poor play any longer. As iut is now, I don't think many people will remember him for this last year. They will remember the rifle armed gunslinger of 10 years ago.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679

I think its pathetic how Favre is treating the whole situation. He had his time to think about it but hes holding the team hostage and its supposedly the organization he loves. Didnt he even make a comment like "What are they gonna do...Cut me?" im losing respect for him and I hope he just takes his ass home cause they dont need him for anything but ticket sales
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

you know they need a descion by draft day, they already have thier future starter but with mini camp approaching, the starting job needs worked out
Old 04-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #9
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

He needs to stop stringing the organization along. I'm not sure what he's trying to prove by taking so long to decide, but it's getting rediculous.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,912 Times in 2,994 Posts

if farve retires he should replace gary hogeboom on next years edition of survivor. hes halfway there sporting the gray peachfuzz hairdo.

anyone hear mark chumura blast him in a radio interview today, calling him selfish? he said from the time he was arrested till his acquittal farve didnt call him once. you could tell he was still burnt by this.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote