Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Thumbs up Deer Hunters

Good Luck to all PA/Ohio Hunters on Monday. Heading to camp now.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Go get em and have fun!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Good luck!

I went a couple weeks ago in Elberton GA and didn't see anything other than tracks and droppings.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Forgive me, I hate hunters with a passion. And it's not the hunting/killing part. It's the AZZHOLES that think they can trespass all over my back yard, despite YEARS of posting signs, calling the cops, I even ran an ad in the local paper to say the hell away! They think they can cut through my yard without permission, or they try to sneak past at 4am with 4 wheelers! Pricks.

My back yard is about 10 acres of open field, nestled right against a huge Game and fish preserve. Hunters like to set up shop right outside the fences and wait for the animals to come on over...

I do have a small child that likes to play in the back yard, (I mow a good 3 acres besides the field) and God help if anyone puts y son in danger. A few years ago, Me, my wife, and my son were on our back deck, and who should come up right behind our house in the middle of our yard, heading for the road was 2 hunters, dragging a bloody doe right behind them. My wife AND 3 year old son saw them, and started screaming and crying. WHAT THE FUUCCCKKKK am I supposed to do?
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,252 Times in 2,298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
Forgive me, I hate hunters with a passion. And it's not the hunting/killing part. It's the AZZHOLES that think they can trespass all over my back yard, despite YEARS of posting signs, calling the cops, I even ran an ad in the local paper to say the hell away! They think they can cut through my yard without permission, or they try to sneak past at 4am with 4 wheelers! Pricks.

My back yard is about 10 acres of open field, nestled right against a huge Game and fish preserve. Hunters like to set up shop right outside the fences and wait for the animals to come on over...

I do have a small child that likes to play in the back yard, (I mow a good 3 acres besides the field) and God help if anyone puts y son in danger. A few years ago, Me, my wife, and my son were on our back deck, and who should come up right behind our house in the middle of our yard, heading for the road was 2 hunters, dragging a bloody doe right behind them. My wife AND 3 year old son saw them, and started screaming and crying. WHAT THE FUUCCCKKKK am I supposed to do?
If their on your property have them arrested for trespassing. Best make sure you have no hunting and/or trespassing signs up. If their not on your property then to bad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

Quote:

well now that is scary if you got a kid and hunters are nearby. You gotta get a lot of high fencing around your place
Old 12-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
If their on your property have them arrested for trespassing. Best make sure you have no hunting and/or trespassing signs up. If their not on your property then to bad.
I called the cops, but they ran, got their deer on the truck, and was gone by the time the cruiser came. We got the license plate, but the cop said once the truck hits the street, there's nothing they can do, it's my word against theirs that they were on my property. And yes, there's signs everywhere. Six of them along the road, right by where they like to park. and about a dozen more scattered around he grounds.

And there's no way I'm fencing in 12 acres of land.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
I called the cops, but they ran, got their deer on the truck, and was gone by the time the cruiser came. We got the license plate, but the cop said once the truck hits the street, there's nothing they can do, it's my word against theirs that they were on my property. And yes, there's signs everywhere. Six of them along the road, right by where they like to park. and about a dozen more scattered around he grounds.

And there's no way I'm fencing in 12 acres of land.
That's a lie, the cops are just being lazy. Imagine if it were a murder and you were the only witness; you really think they would say, "well shit once he hit the road there is nothing we can do?"

Get a gun and stand on your property until they get the message. Just don't shoot anyone.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

I totally respect anyone's right to protect their property and family. No one has the right to trespass. It must be difficult to have to deal with such disrespectful people.

I also appreciate a hunter's rights. I hate to see animals starving to death or being killed on the road, which also endangers people. Most of the hunters I have known are very respectful of people and property as well as being humane in the way they take an animal.

I personally enjoy venison. I like knowing that my food hasn't been pumped with hormones, etc.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:17 AM   #10
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
That's a lie, the cops are just being lazy. Imagine if it were a murder and you were the only witness; you really think they would say, "well shit once he hit the road there is nothing we can do?"

Get a gun and stand on your property until they get the message. Just don't shoot anyone.
They told me to call the game warden.