Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter
 
Stlrs4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Bedford, Pa
Posts: 5,653
Gender: Male
Member Number: 419
Thanks: 19
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Thumbs up Deer Hunters

Good Luck to all PA/Ohio Hunters on Monday. Heading to camp now.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
chacha
Bench Warmer
 
chacha's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 370
Gender: Female
Member Number: 15976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Go get em and have fun!
__________________
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Good luck!

I went a couple weeks ago in Elberton GA and didn't see anything other than tracks and droppings.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
Stu Pidasso's Avatar
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Forgive me, I hate hunters with a passion. And it's not the hunting/killing part. It's the AZZHOLES that think they can trespass all over my back yard, despite YEARS of posting signs, calling the cops, I even ran an ad in the local paper to say the hell away! They think they can cut through my yard without permission, or they try to sneak past at 4am with 4 wheelers! Pricks.

My back yard is about 10 acres of open field, nestled right against a huge Game and fish preserve. Hunters like to set up shop right outside the fences and wait for the animals to come on over...

I do have a small child that likes to play in the back yard, (I mow a good 3 acres besides the field) and God help if anyone puts y son in danger. A few years ago, Me, my wife, and my son were on our back deck, and who should come up right behind our house in the middle of our yard, heading for the road was 2 hunters, dragging a bloody doe right behind them. My wife AND 3 year old son saw them, and started screaming and crying. WHAT THE FUUCCCKKKK am I supposed to do?
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,774
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 2,034
Thanked 6,252 Times in 2,298 Posts
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
Forgive me, I hate hunters with a passion. And it's not the hunting/killing part. It's the AZZHOLES that think they can trespass all over my back yard, despite YEARS of posting signs, calling the cops, I even ran an ad in the local paper to say the hell away! They think they can cut through my yard without permission, or they try to sneak past at 4am with 4 wheelers! Pricks.

My back yard is about 10 acres of open field, nestled right against a huge Game and fish preserve. Hunters like to set up shop right outside the fences and wait for the animals to come on over...

I do have a small child that likes to play in the back yard, (I mow a good 3 acres besides the field) and God help if anyone puts y son in danger. A few years ago, Me, my wife, and my son were on our back deck, and who should come up right behind our house in the middle of our yard, heading for the road was 2 hunters, dragging a bloody doe right behind them. My wife AND 3 year old son saw them, and started screaming and crying. WHAT THE FUUCCCKKKK am I supposed to do?
If their on your property have them arrested for trespassing. Best make sure you have no hunting and/or trespassing signs up. If their not on your property then to bad.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
chacha
Bench Warmer
 
chacha's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 370
Gender: Female
Member Number: 15976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
Forgive me, I hate hunters with a passion. And it's not the hunting/killing part. It's the AZZHOLES that think they can trespass all over my back yard, despite YEARS of posting signs, calling the cops, I even ran an ad in the local paper to say the hell away! They think they can cut through my yard without permission, or they try to sneak past at 4am with 4 wheelers! Pricks.

My back yard is about 10 acres of open field, nestled right against a huge Game and fish preserve. Hunters like to set up shop right outside the fences and wait for the animals to come on over...

I do have a small child that likes to play in the back yard, (I mow a good 3 acres besides the field) and God help if anyone puts y son in danger. A few years ago, Me, my wife, and my son were on our back deck, and who should come up right behind our house in the middle of our yard, heading for the road was 2 hunters, dragging a bloody doe right behind them. My wife AND 3 year old son saw them, and started screaming and crying. WHAT THE FUUCCCKKKK am I supposed to do?
well now that is scary if you got a kid and hunters are nearby. You gotta get a lot of high fencing around your place
__________________
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
Stu Pidasso's Avatar
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
If their on your property have them arrested for trespassing. Best make sure you have no hunting and/or trespassing signs up. If their not on your property then to bad.
I called the cops, but they ran, got their deer on the truck, and was gone by the time the cruiser came. We got the license plate, but the cop said once the truck hits the street, there's nothing they can do, it's my word against theirs that they were on my property. And yes, there's signs everywhere. Six of them along the road, right by where they like to park. and about a dozen more scattered around he grounds.

And there's no way I'm fencing in 12 acres of land.
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
I called the cops, but they ran, got their deer on the truck, and was gone by the time the cruiser came. We got the license plate, but the cop said once the truck hits the street, there's nothing they can do, it's my word against theirs that they were on my property. And yes, there's signs everywhere. Six of them along the road, right by where they like to park. and about a dozen more scattered around he grounds.

And there's no way I'm fencing in 12 acres of land.
That's a lie, the cops are just being lazy. Imagine if it were a murder and you were the only witness; you really think they would say, "well shit once he hit the road there is nothing we can do?"

Get a gun and stand on your property until they get the message. Just don't shoot anyone.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
floodcitygirl
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 2,752
Member Number: 1784
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Deer Hunters

I totally respect anyone's right to protect their property and family. No one has the right to trespass. It must be difficult to have to deal with such disrespectful people.

I also appreciate a hunter's rights. I hate to see animals starving to death or being killed on the road, which also endangers people. Most of the hunters I have known are very respectful of people and property as well as being humane in the way they take an animal.

I personally enjoy venison. I like knowing that my food hasn't been pumped with hormones, etc.
__________________


Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:17 AM   #10
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
Stu Pidasso's Avatar
Default Re: Deer Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
That's a lie, the cops are just being lazy. Imagine if it were a murder and you were the only witness; you really think they would say, "well shit once he hit the road there is nothing we can do?"

Get a gun and stand on your property until they get the message. Just don't shoot anyone.
They told me to call the game warden.
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts