Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544
Default Next Years Free Agents

I was looking at a different forum and I found a list of next year's free agents, and... well, just look

2007 FREE AGENTS
Exclusive
Washington, Nate WR
Frazier, Andre LB
Warren, Greg OL

Restricted
Starks, Max OL
Parker, Willie, RB

Unrestricted
Carter, Tyrone S
Iwuoma, Chidi CB
Morgan, Quincy WR
Bailey, Rodney DE
Taylor, Ike CB
Morey, Sean WR
Mays, Lee WR
Hartings, Jeff OL

Almost none of them are starters, except for Ike, who will probably have inked a long term deal by then, and Jeff, who has already been told Chukky will replace him. But don't get too excited, however, because After that is the big year when Troy, Haggans, Porter, Faneca Etc. are all Free Agents, so expect alot of extentions for that offseason. But as I said earlier, could you ask for a better situation to 3peat?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182
Default Re: Next Years Free Agents

that will be a tough year and is why we need to draft a few replacement LB's just in case. The contracts of Porter and haggins could be tough if they choose to ventrue into F/A market. I think the Steelers would do whatever they needed to keep troy around, so you know he wont be going anywhere. Fanaca, Porter, Haggins will depend who we have and if they are capable to take their place.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

Next year we will really be drafting to add talent wherever we can and fill the needs for 2008 which will at least be OL and LB.

I would really, really, like to see us work out a contract extension with Polomalu before he goes into free agency.

I'm not too worried about losing Porter or Haggans. In my opinion Porter has priced himself out of another job in Pittsburgh when his contract expires. Some team like KC will overpay him and take him off our hands.

With our system we can plug just about any athlete in at LB and he'll do just a well.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:51 AM   #4
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Its time to put up $$$, or shut up!!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:30 AM   #5
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook
Next year we will really be drafting to add talent wherever we can and fill the needs for 2008 which will at least be OL and LB.

I would really, really, like to see us work out a contract extension with Polomalu before he goes into free agency.

I'm not too worried about losing Porter or Haggans. In my opinion Porter has priced himself out of another job in Pittsburgh when his contract expires. Some team like KC will overpay him and take him off our hands.

With our system we can plug just about any athlete in at LB and he'll do just a well.
IMO, if Joey wants too much money....he's gone! But I still like the guy. His aggressiveness is fitting for the Steelers Defense. And we DO need the one person out there that stirs the pot and gets our guys pumped up. Now, I really do not get into trash talking too much but, again IMO, we do need one...just to keep the blood and intensity going. Haggans, well, he's the good one that can step into any of the 4 LB positions and do well. He has proven that. I still like him also.

But we shall perservere, we always do.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:28 AM   #6
TxsTed
Water Boy

Member Number: 1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
I was looking at a different forum and I found a list of next year's free agents, and... well, just look

2007 FREE AGENTS
Exclusive
Washington, Nate WR
Frazier, Andre LB
Warren, Greg OL

Restricted
Starks, Max OL
Parker, Willie, RB

Unrestricted
Carter, Tyrone S
Iwuoma, Chidi CB
Morgan, Quincy WR
Bailey, Rodney DE
Taylor, Ike CB
Morey, Sean WR
Mays, Lee WR
Hartings, Jeff OL

Almost none of them are starters, except for Ike, who will probably have inked a long term deal by then, and Jeff, who has already been told Chukky will replace him. But don't get too excited, however, because After that is the big year when Troy, Haggans, Porter, Faneca Etc. are all Free Agents, so expect alot of extentions for that offseason. But as I said earlier, could you ask for a better situation to 3peat?
Jeff Hartings just had his contract extended through the 2007 season.
TxsTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:21 AM   #7
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

I don't like Joey. Watch a replay of any game last season, he tries a speed rush to get around the lineman who takes him completely out of the play then Joey stands and watches the rusher go up the middle.

He refuses to pursue while someone like Polo comes in and chases the guy down from behind.

He does make a play now and then that aren't because of his skill but because the offense adjusted incorrectly to the Pittsburgh defensive scheme.

And I think we pay him too much and I'm afraid he'll turn out to be another Gildon contract. We were still paying Jason Gildon years after we cut him.

Porter is going to get $5m next year. I wonder how much more the year after that?

Hmm, didn't know Harting signed a two year contract restructure. He's here until 2008. Guess he and Chucky are gonna trade the Center duties.

http://foxsports.foxnews.com/nfl/player?statsId=3524
Old 03-31-2006, 09:13 AM   #8
Steelhorse
Water Boy

Member Number: 2158

Watching Porter steam roll Peyton Manning on 4th and long and then get up screaming and give a round house kick to the dirt on the Colts 2 yard line permanently erased any apprehensions I ever had of him as a player

The man is my role model and represents all that I could ever hope to be
Steelhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:12 PM   #9
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsTed
Jeff Hartings just had his contract extended through the 2007 season.
Oh, I thought since he was extended for 1 year, that he would be a FA next year. My bad.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:29 PM   #10
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

I think Hartings just moved money around so we woul be under cap this year but i think he is due to make ALOT next year, year after. He will prolly have to redo it again or retire or cut ect ect. I like Porter, as Cowher said in middle of year... He is just now getting back to old form after getting shot in ass year and half ago. Not sure exactly how much effect getting shot in your ass does to you, howl ong it takes to get back to 100 percent ect.. but after Cowher made that statement about him .. he was on fire the rest of the way for us. We expected great things from Porter prior to him getting shot in bum... so hopefully he will continue to roll this upcoing year. We do have alot of room under cap next year, so is possible we will be able to sign him .. more importantly , will depend on if we have someone capable of replacing him/ Haggins when that time comes.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote