Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Greetings from a Broncos fan

I say stick with the kid. He'll git 'er done eventually.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:54 AM   #12
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

I wouldn't be surprised if they fired McDaniels this week. With the combination of the losing record, the Spygate incident and now with losing yet again, I think he's as good as gone. They might wait until the end of the season, but sooner or later it's happening. McDaniels has destroyed that team.

I remember when the Cutler stuff was going on, I thought McDaniels was shooting himself in the foot before he even opened the season last year. But then the Broncos won a number of games, so I thought maybe I was wrong. But then we all know what happened. I'm glad McDaniels made such an effort to prove me right. I guess I owe him one.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:29 AM   #13
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,076 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I personally think McD is an absoulte idiot and if I were a Broncos fan I would have been screaming for him to be fired months ago.

He has yet to make one good roster move (including drafts) as a head coach, he's immature, he lies and cheats, and he loses games. Not the kind of guy I want leading my team.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:47 AM   #14
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

It is a conspiracy by New England to take one of their AFC opponents out of the mix. Happened in Cleveland as well.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:54 AM   #15
Acerinox
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15579
My Mood: Lurking

I take the McDaniels disaster as an encouraging parallel for what's happened to the Steelers.

Mike Shanahan left a wonderful little template for victory in Denver. The Broncos were in contention pretty much every year, even without top talent at the marquee positions - as it seemed you could mostly slot any old RB into the system and have them rack up 1000 yards; or put any ragtag QB in there and have him do a job.

But it was clear from the start that McDaniels wanted to trash the template and do it his way - and in doing so basically smashed up the place and turned Denver into a basket case. You know your franchise is in trouble when it starts making a million trades and throwing future draft picks around like confetti.

This is exactly what Mike Tomlin did not do when he arrived to pick up the legacy of another big name here in Pittsburgh. He could easily have decided to do it "his way"; throw out LeBeau and the 34 for his preferred 43; take our offence more West Coast as he, again, could easily have done given the offensive talent we had at that time (and didn't have in running game/O Line terms). But instead he stuck with the principles of Cowher's heyday - and had his success, and still does.
It's one of the reasons I never understand why people knock Tomlin for "just piggybacking on Cowher's success". Great! I'm glad he did that! Long may that continue!
Acerinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #16
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

My outside perception of McD is that he is in way over his head. I recall watching the way he celebrated that first TD against the Chargers in week 11 thinking "why is he celebrating by throwing his fist as if they just got revenge on someone? This will look real stupid if the Chargers come back and kill them." Which is exactly what happened and then where was all that "world is against us" emotion? I think he got way too much credit for the NE offense. Tom Brady would make ME look like a good coach. He took over a very good team with great talent and dismantled it into a very bad team with just good talent. Rather than working through the issues with Cutler and Marshall he decided to just let them go. I think the Broncos should get rid of him...but I hope they don't because as long as he is the coach and Orten is the QB, we don't have to worry about them.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #17
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
mcdaniels has made a lot of bad moves, hopefully he hires arians as his OC next
AMEN - send that man anywhere next year but please do not bring him back again. :)

As far as the OP's question - That's a tough one, I was shocked when Bowlen fired Shanahan to jump on the Belicheat lineage bandwagon. There's not been 1 coach to come out from under Belicheck to be successful yet. I used to think of Bowlen more like the Rooney's than the Kraft/Jones' but I think he made the wrong choice with McDaniels. The Broncos identity was always as a tough defensive team first, but it sure looks like McDaniels is ruining that. I can understand wanting to change the identity of a team, but getting rid of Cutler, Marshall and Hillis isn't what I call moving in the right direction. Hopefully Arians and McDaniels will be standing in the same unemployment line next season. ;)
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #18
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Let me be the first to congradulate you on the hiring of new head football coach BRUCE ARIANS! Being too stupid to tape games, you will never find yourselves in a mess like this.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,053 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

there you go mcdaniels..... HIRE ARIANS!
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #20
HOFCitySteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 13855

His dad was my high school coach. I will say, the McDaniels family knows the game of football. I would be more than happy to see him calling plays in Pittsburgh over Ariens.
HOFCitySteelers is offline   Reply With Quote