Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Brohemoth
Water Boy

Member Number: 17378
Red face Greetings from a Broncos fan

First off I'd like to say great board you guys have here.

I have come to you looking for a second opinion. See ever since Josh McDaniels was hired as our head coach in '09 our fanbase has been split into two warring sides.

The Broncos had the #2 total offense in 2008 under Mike Shanahan. We had a foundation on offense with potential to be something great. All that needed retuning was the defense.

What does McDaniels do within his first two seasons in Denver?

1) Trades Jay Cutler (Pro Bowler)
2) Trades Brandon Marshall (Pro Bowler)
3) Trades Tony Scheffler (stud receiving tight end)
4) Trades Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn
5) Could not co-exist with DC Mike Nolan therefore alienating and eventually dismissing the man responsible for turning our defense around in '09.
6) Trades Alphonso Smith (traded a 1st rounder in order to grab him in the '09 draft) after his first season which was extremely premature. The dude has 5 picks for Detroit this year.
7) Trades a 4th rounder for Laurence Maroney... Ugh.

Most importantly, Josh McDaniels has led a team on the brink of contention before his arrival to a 5-15 record in the last twenty games. Poor personnel and playcalling decisions have this franchise at the bottom of the league. He mopes on the sidelines when our team is down looking like a clueless child. He is losing his fanbase. I'm sure you are all aware he managed to be involved in a Spygate II. In our eyes the man's time should be done in Denver. However he is like a virus and has our owner drinking the "Patriot" kool-aid.

Another hot topic is Kyle Orton, another man who has divided our fanbase. He is putting up the stats of his life this year. However, while he is certainly not the #1 problem, he is part of it. His weaknesses are crippling our team. Whenever he is in a position for a last minute win/tie, he faulters. He'll throw an INT or fumble. His pathetic mobility leads to unnecessary sacks. He panics under pressure and drops to the ground in a fetal position when a defender is 5 yards from him. He, like his counterpart McDaniels, mopes and sits on the bench alone when the team is behind. There is no fire. Orton has us screaming for Tebow to see the field, not because he is better (yet) but for hope.

That said, I came to this forum because Steeler fans are some of the most loyal and "in-tune" fans there are. I'm looking for an opinion on the coach and player mentioned that I can bring back to Bronco nation. Maybe with an outside perspective we can settle down and find unity again. Thank you for reading and for your time.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,053 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Greetings from a Broncos fan

mcdaniels has made a lot of bad moves, hopefully he hires arians as his OC next
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
mcdaniels has made a lot of bad moves, hopefully he hires arians as his OC next

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,034 Posts

With all the trades and changes made, McDaniels has made this current Denver team "His". It can be said the sinking of the Broncos is totally by his design. And that can be said "before" the current issue with the team.
Now. Spygate II. IF McDaniels is there next year and the Broncos start racking up wins, they will ALL be with an (*) by each of them (according to rival fans). Since the team is losing anyway, the time to get rid of McDaniels is NOW ! Because of Spygate II, the Broncos find themselves in a lose-lose situation... cut your losses and just start over. It's just not worth it...

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

With Spygate II there is no hope in repairing any damages done. I agree with Empire Steel, the asterisks will be there with any win. There's nothing good about asterisks in this league. We know, b/c we tend to have them with the Super Bowls and the claim that the refs make all the calls in favor of the Steelers. Integrity is too important to overlook it in an attempt at a successful season. Fire him now ... kinda like ripping off a bandaid ... you have to do it quick.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I knew McDaniels was a loser the moment he drafted Knowshon. Mind you, Moreno will probably be a stud for years to come, but the real point was that he had just spent millions of Bowlen's money on a full backfield, only to draft another back. I lost track, too... are any of them even still with the team? I'm sure there were numerous needs he could have addressed instead of RB right there, especially considering the Broncos were 29th in defense the year before.

He's a complete moron, if you ask me.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

I think McDaniels is a tool bag. Seems to have a huge ego. He ran Cutler out of town. Sure Cutler was being a whiny baby, but if you run him out you better have a good backup plan. Orton has played pretty well this year, but I think McDaniels has been fairly lucky with that. Not much Kyle Orton had done up to that point would have indicated he'd rack up the stats he has. I think some of these stats are a little misleading since your playing from behind a lot and throwing the ball to catch up. Your defense is absolutely horrendous. The Dumerville injury crippled your already below average D. McDaniels appears to be a young, ****y, egomaniac who isn't ready for the top job in the NFL. The latest cheating scandal is just the nail in the coffin. Dump this loser and start fresh. Realize that I'm all for stability as I think that's how you win in the NFL long term. I just think you need the right man before you adopt this philosophy. I'd say fire him and my team hasn't fired a coach in my lifetime (40 years).
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

I never was a Denver fan, but my oldest son is or was I'm not sure anymore. He hates your new coach. I hate to see any idiot dismantle a team the way he has done. Also I second the suggestion he hire Ariens then the destruction would be complete.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Please keep McDaniels as HC for a few more years. I like having one less team to worry about in the AFC
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #10
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

They will fire him and hire Jon Gruden
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote