Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #21
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034
Default Re: So tired of these BS calls...

I'm a die hard Steelers fan and I'm about done with the NFL. Its getting real bad this year and the Steelers are getting singled out. Year or two ago the league visited with the Steelers to tell them not to hit ppl so hard. Yall remember that?

Once again this coaching staff is looking worse and worse every year.

I'll give William Gay some credit he played a pretty good game today. He was on my bad side until today. We'll see how he goes.

Also Suisham looked good today. I'm glad he had a great game. Looks like he earned the teams respect after that OT kick.
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #22
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default The Officials are trying to take us out...

One bad game by the officials I can understand. Two in a row...well that doesn't look good but ok...maybe it's just a fluke. Three in a row and now you can no longer ignore it....or deny it.

The officials kept Cinci in it till the end...with out several bad calls we would have easily won that game.

The offiicals didn't need to get involved in the Pats game since we got our asses handed to us.

Last week.....well I don't think I need to say anything about last week other then that was the worst officiating Iv'e ever seem. It bordered on blatant game fixing.

This week the officials kept it up and kept the bills in it and nearly handed them the win. 3 crucial plays in this game all involved the officials. Mendy's big run gets called back on a hold that never gets called....arm bars are used on Harrison every time he blitzes. Pass interference puts the bills inside the 10. Bogus roughing the passer on Harrison gives the Bills new life and they score a TD on the same drive.

Seriously how can you ignore 3 weeks of officials screwing us? The only game the officials did not becom a major factor was the one game we were blown out. Last 3 games we are winning they get heavily involved. We've been made a target. I wonder if this is the NFL's way to saying shut the F up to our players and coaches?
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,777 Times in 2,938 Posts
Default Re: The Officials are trying to take us out...

no teams players have been more outspoken about the bogus enforcement of the new/old rules and the current state of affairs than james harrison and (most ironic and shocking of all...) troy polamalu.

the league absolutely hates troy cause they know he speaks truth and theres nothing they can blatantly do to him (it sucks that every time he makes a tackle or stop, i am expecting a flag).
Old 11-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #24
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I really don't buy into the conspiracy theory yet. I tend to think that most of the refs are old, don't see well and really have no business in there position. I see bad officiating in almost every game I watch not just Steelers games.
So what do you say when our guys tell the refs repeatedly to watch the O-lineman, they are really holding too much? You think the refs can't hear either? It's brought to their attention multiple times EVERY GAME. What's your thinking now?
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:35 AM   #25
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: The Officials are trying to take us out...

This game wasnt anywhere near as badn and anybody trying to blame the meltdown on the refs is just scapegoating. There were a couple bad calls, but it was nothing like the Oakland game, most of the calls in this game were legit and our *almost* downfall was entirely by our hands.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #26
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

there was one play where i counted 3 holds on the buffalo line and the refs didn't call shit. blatant as hell too, one of the linemen got totally turned around and was literally dragging the defender to the turf.

yeah our line held, but the calls were biased. buffalo was doing a lot of that crap on their end too
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:56 AM   #27
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Not even close. If those holds were consistently called on both teams then sure I'd agree....but you never see anyone getting holding calls for the arm bar move that every OT uses on Harrison every week on almost every play. Then they call it when we break a huge run.....stinks to high heaven.

We are being targeted by the league. They have a ZERO tolerance for Harrison and pretty much any of our players. Ben gets punched in the face last week.....gets pounded in the ground this week....and basically nothing. There is no consistency. I'd like to Roger Goodell to just come out publicly and say FU Steelers. Then at least we can quit complaining and pretending it's not fixed when it clearly is.

This is competition. When one player or team is held to a different standard then another then it's rigged....it's fixed. It is NOT in the spirit of competition. Its un ethical and is ruining the league. I dont watch the NBA or pro wrestling for the same crap the NFL is now engaged in. It's getting easier and easier to not watch a game. The ONLY game I watch now is the Steelers. I used to watch football all day Sunday....and the monday night games.... I quit watching any game not involving the steelers...its just a bad product w/ so many commercials you just want to vomit.

GREAT post. I agree with everything you said, except I quit watching pro wrestling because I turned 13 and discovered girls.

Seriously though, you took the words right out of my mouth.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:38 AM   #28
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt0wns View Post
I'm a die hard Steelers fan and I'm about done with the NFL. Its getting real bad this year and the Steelers are getting singled out. Year or two ago the league visited with the Steelers to tell them not to hit ppl so hard. Yall remember that?

I'll give William Gay some credit he played a pretty good game today. He was on my bad side until today. We'll see how he goes.

Also Suisham looked good today. I'm glad he had a great game. Looks like he earned the teams respect after that OT kick.
Were you watching the same game I was? Gay got torched for big plays constantly and so did Anthony Madison. What were those two doing on the field so much? We are playing way too much nickel defense these days. I think Tomlin is finally instituting his cover 2 BS which does not work in this league any more.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:09 AM   #29
California-Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11917

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
We are playing way too much nickel defense these days.
We were in the dime more than anything. Not much nickel at all.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #30
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt0wns View Post

Gay did get burned on a couple plays but he also defended/prevented 4 other passes including one HUGE one. He was also all over the place and is able to put pressure back to the QB.
I'm not nominating him for Pro Bowl or anything like that, but i too, felt he had a decent game and earned a couple points in my book yesteday.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote