Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,376 Times in 2,716 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Next 3 weeks will decide our fate

if we beat the ravens we will go far. jets don't scare me. strong running teams with no QB generally don't fare well vs us.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #12
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

With the way our team has played this season, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year. I'd almost rather miss the playoffs and see them use that for motivation next season, than see this team go to Foxboro in game 1 and get smoked. The only thing worse than not making the playoffs is making them and losing to the Pats and being forced to listen to Boston fans run their mouths for a year. ;)
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #13
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Every one of the next 5 count. The Browns are playing decent football they can't be overlooked.

Baltimore is playing lights out defense mix in our horribly atrocious offense and you are looking at a mess of a game that is a must win for us. I hope they can bring it together next week for a full 60 minutes against the Ravens.

We are currently really lucky to be 8-3. The team is finding ugly and lucky ways to win but against good teams they are getting beat.

The coaches are not doing much to adjust in the second half of games where we have been floundering all season long. Teams are however adjusting to our game play and flat out beating the piss out of us in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Got to start playing 60 minutes of football...

Ben is holding on to the ball way way way too long...
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,016 Times in 3,170 Posts

Nothing has changed since week 4 when the Ravens won at Heinz - after that loss it was pretty clear that if the Steelers lost in Baltimore they would lose the division

What is somewhat suprising is that (so far) the Steelers have not lost any games that looked like certain wins when the schedule came out and have a very good 5-1 road record

Getting the #5 rather than #6 wildcard seed is no small thing since my bet is San Diego gets the #3 seed and whomever wins the weak AFC South is the # 4 seed
Neither the Ravens or Steelers want any part of a road game in San Diego in January

I am nowhere near as optimistic as I was in late Septembr about the Steelers chances this year but if someone told me around the time Colon was injured that this year's Steelers would make the playoffs as a wild card I would have taken it
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #15
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

Well here is the steeler way...play down to teams and make it close and very rarely blow out teams...been going on for a while and it boils down to our OC...no 2 ways about it. We have a 2 SB QB....air it out more....i dont believe in this balanced crap ratio shit...u go with what works...not sit there and say we are gonna be 50/50 run to pass before each game thats just stupid.
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote