Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Default Re: Harrision fined 25K!!!

Oh, I almost forgot:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pay-Ja...34796989903782
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Cortland Finnegan tells people he wants to be the dirtiest player in the game, then starts a fight with Johnson and rips his helmet off, and he only gets a 25k fine. I don't want to turn into someone who says the league is out to get their team, but it becomes more and more clear every week who the league likes and dislikes.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #13
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Well...what can you say? I mean really...Goodell and by extension the league itself, is anti-Steeler and anti-Harrison.

It's no conspiracy any longer. There's something going on behind closed doors. I wonder where the player union is on this? Where is Steelers ownership? They should be backing their player publicly. They should offer to pay the fine at a press conference and also air the grievances over the ridiculous double-standards set by they witch-hunting Goodell.

First Seymour, gets comparatively nothing and now this. What makes it worse is how the league's own network minimizes the severity of the fighting by allowing their commentators Deion et al laugh it off as if it were nothing.

You can say what you want about the hits but at least they were between the whistles.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

What goes around, Comes Around. Roger Goodell better remember that when you do people dirty like that, that Sh*t comes back to haunt you.
Deserei90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #15
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032

I think it's about time Coach stands up for his player and calls Goodell out. Something needs done here, and it's about time someone else tries to help James get pulled out from under the bus that Goodell keeps throwing him under.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,585 Posts
Default Re: Harrison fined AGAIN -25K- 11/30 official discussion thread

im certain every single steelerfan is going to have outrage over this fine but i am going to try and keep individual ourage and multiple threads contained within this collective thread to shout and vent.

outrage!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #17
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Harrison pays for the privilege to play

Harrison has done something most footballers don't do, pay to play. Over the past month, James Harrison has paid more to play the game of professional football than football pays him. Harrison is now paying for what he used to get paid for.

Harrison has been fined 100,000 for hitting and tackling players. This is part of the official rules of the game. Harrison is fulfilling his obligations under his contract. But the NFL due to light ticket sales or some sort of Ralph Nader crusade is preventing Harrison from doing his job.

So, now, if Harrison would like to play professional football he will have to pay each week.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,050 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

nothing would make me happier than for us to win number 7 this year (even if we were to lose all the games next year) and may be just may be goodell would get a ****ing heart attack and resign as the commissioner
but this shit has to stop im sick and tired of seeing a man get penalized for doing his job i think now should be the time for our coach to say something, let that fool know that you dont agree with his bullshit
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #19
Set-Man
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12795

Yes that is what gets me, is the total BS way of assessing fines. You can clock a starting q-back, tear off another players helmet and kick the crap out of him, or you could hit a "defensiveless" QB in the chest during a play all for $25K. I know what I would do if given those three options.

Time for Flag football. Maybe that would be too rough because someone may get a rugburn when the flag was pulled too hard. Lets do two hand touch, but not too hard please... I have lost all respect for Goodell, not for what he is doing but how he is doing it.
Set-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #20
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

This is such BS. How are you going to stop if your running full bore at someone and they throw the ball 1/4 of a second before you get there. Goodell is a clown and hes ruining football, especially seeing as hes got some kind of vendetta against the steelers
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote