Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,434
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 321
Thanked 879 Times in 425 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
Maybe I don't see the cleverness in all of this. If your not going to stick up for your players especially when they are in the right. Don't say anything at all!

The NFL has already said it was a hit to the chest, it's quoted. We have a dog in the fight, but I thought #7 getting worked over after the play was a little more "endangering" then Harrison's hit.
It's been made pretty clear that everyone is to watch what they say and keep their thoughts to themselves. Tomlin could indeed say that Harrison is being unjustly targeted, and that the fines against him are bogus... at which point Tomlin himself could expect a hefty fine from our Lord and Master Goodell. It's not for me or you to say that Tomlin should take that hit.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
urgle burgle
Starter
 
urgle burgle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: land of nougat
Posts: 571
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12834
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
My Mood: Confused
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

good: tomlin consistently sticking up for his guy

bad: really bad analogy, especially in this day and age. a misspeak, no doubt. i understand the point he was trying to make, but not a way to go about getting sympathy for his position.

much adieu about nothing, we all say things we could have said much better, after the fact, especially when defending a position.
__________________
when a child cries....somewhere in a lonely sad place in the world....a hobo laughs...
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Harrison mentioned having kids earlier this year when he was fined 75k. He said something about it effecting them in some way, that could be the reason Tomlin brought it up... Or he may have just had a Paris Hilton moment.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,434
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 321
Thanked 879 Times in 425 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Harrison mentioned having kids earlier this year when he was fined 75k. He said something about it effecting them in some way, that could be the reason Tomlin brought it up... Or he may have just had a Paris Hilton moment.
Paris Hilton gave Tomlin a blow-job?
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #15
urgle burgle
Starter
 
urgle burgle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: land of nougat
Posts: 571
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12834
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
My Mood: Confused
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Paris Hilton gave Tomlin a blow-job?
and i thought i had that DVD,,,,,im off to the LIons' Den now.....see ya in a min...
__________________
when a child cries....somewhere in a lonely sad place in the world....a hobo laughs...
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #16
Hayeksheroes
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 277
Member Number: 15387
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Tomlin is leader of the team. His reply was tepid as best. Very corporate. Like voting present. He needs to send a message to the NFL and to his players that he sides with his players, that he has their back and that these egregious fines are unacceptable.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
Tomlin is leader of the team. His reply was tepid as best. Very corporate. Like voting present. He needs to send a message to the NFL and to his players that he sides with his players, that he has their back and that these egregious fines are unacceptable.
How do you know he hasn't? Are you there with them in the locker room? Do you have info on what's going on behind the scenes?

Just because he doesn't throw a hissy fit in public doesn't mean nothing is being done or said about it in private.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #18
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,164
Member Number: 5792
Thanks: 7
Thanked 333 Times in 163 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
good: tomlin consistently sticking up for his guy

bad: really bad analogy, especially in this day and age. a misspeak, no doubt. i understand the point he was trying to make, but not a way to go about getting sympathy for his position.

much adieu about nothing, we all say things we could have said much better, after the fact, especially when defending a position.
I was listening to this live on NFL sirius radio and I feel his comments have been taken out of context a little bit. Tomlin did not say that this would effect James Harrison's ability to afford to put his kids through college. What he said is because of the amount of money athletes make people tend to think so what, that this is just "monopoly money". $100,000 is real money. Enough to put his kids through college. He's trying to show that the money being fined is serious money and nobody, not even the wealthiest would just throw it away on purpose. Who cares if he makes millions. Don't you think he'd rather put this kids through college or buy his mom a nice new car instead of paying an NFL fine for a borderline hit at worst.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #19
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I was listening to this live on NFL sirius radio and I feel his comments have been taken out of context a little bit. Tomlin did not say that this would effect James Harrison's ability to afford to put his kids through college. What he said is because of the amount of money athletes make people tend to think so what, that this is just "monopoly money". $100,000 is real money. Enough to put his kids through college. He's trying to show that the money being fined is serious money and nobody, not even the wealthiest would just throw it away on purpose. Who cares if he makes millions. Don't you think he'd rather put this kids through college or buy his mom a nice new car instead of paying an NFL fine for a borderline hit at worst.
Well put...that's what I was trying to allude to, but you worded it much better.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #20
Whodis
Team Captain
 
Whodis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Posts: 738
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6483
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
How do you know he hasn't? Are you there with them in the locker room? Do you have info on what's going on behind the scenes?

Just because he doesn't throw a hissy fit in public doesn't mean nothing is being done or said about it in private.
Mom- I don't know he has or am I in the locker room.

However, I know we have been getting flagged week after week for the same phantom fouls.

Is it safe to say whatever (if anything) Tomlin is doing, isn't working?

On a different note the Ward and Suggs comments will put the NFL officials on radar for what has been happening. Not what Tomlin has done or said
__________________
Whodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts