Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
Maybe I don't see the cleverness in all of this. If your not going to stick up for your players especially when they are in the right. Don't say anything at all!

The NFL has already said it was a hit to the chest, it's quoted. We have a dog in the fight, but I thought #7 getting worked over after the play was a little more "endangering" then Harrison's hit.
It's been made pretty clear that everyone is to watch what they say and keep their thoughts to themselves. Tomlin could indeed say that Harrison is being unjustly targeted, and that the fines against him are bogus... at which point Tomlin himself could expect a hefty fine from our Lord and Master Goodell. It's not for me or you to say that Tomlin should take that hit.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

good: tomlin consistently sticking up for his guy

bad: really bad analogy, especially in this day and age. a misspeak, no doubt. i understand the point he was trying to make, but not a way to go about getting sympathy for his position.

much adieu about nothing, we all say things we could have said much better, after the fact, especially when defending a position.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Harrison mentioned having kids earlier this year when he was fined 75k. He said something about it effecting them in some way, that could be the reason Tomlin brought it up... Or he may have just had a Paris Hilton moment.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Harrison mentioned having kids earlier this year when he was fined 75k. He said something about it effecting them in some way, that could be the reason Tomlin brought it up... Or he may have just had a Paris Hilton moment.
Paris Hilton gave Tomlin a blow-job?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #15
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Paris Hilton gave Tomlin a blow-job?
and i thought i had that DVD,,,,,im off to the LIons' Den now.....see ya in a min...
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #16
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387

Tomlin is leader of the team. His reply was tepid as best. Very corporate. Like voting present. He needs to send a message to the NFL and to his players that he sides with his players, that he has their back and that these egregious fines are unacceptable.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
Tomlin is leader of the team. His reply was tepid as best. Very corporate. Like voting present. He needs to send a message to the NFL and to his players that he sides with his players, that he has their back and that these egregious fines are unacceptable.
How do you know he hasn't? Are you there with them in the locker room? Do you have info on what's going on behind the scenes?

Just because he doesn't throw a hissy fit in public doesn't mean nothing is being done or said about it in private.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #18
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
good: tomlin consistently sticking up for his guy

bad: really bad analogy, especially in this day and age. a misspeak, no doubt. i understand the point he was trying to make, but not a way to go about getting sympathy for his position.

much adieu about nothing, we all say things we could have said much better, after the fact, especially when defending a position.
I was listening to this live on NFL sirius radio and I feel his comments have been taken out of context a little bit. Tomlin did not say that this would effect James Harrison's ability to afford to put his kids through college. What he said is because of the amount of money athletes make people tend to think so what, that this is just "monopoly money". $100,000 is real money. Enough to put his kids through college. He's trying to show that the money being fined is serious money and nobody, not even the wealthiest would just throw it away on purpose. Who cares if he makes millions. Don't you think he'd rather put this kids through college or buy his mom a nice new car instead of paying an NFL fine for a borderline hit at worst.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #19
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I was listening to this live on NFL sirius radio and I feel his comments have been taken out of context a little bit. Tomlin did not say that this would effect James Harrison's ability to afford to put his kids through college. What he said is because of the amount of money athletes make people tend to think so what, that this is just "monopoly money". $100,000 is real money. Enough to put his kids through college. He's trying to show that the money being fined is serious money and nobody, not even the wealthiest would just throw it away on purpose. Who cares if he makes millions. Don't you think he'd rather put this kids through college or buy his mom a nice new car instead of paying an NFL fine for a borderline hit at worst.
Well put...that's what I was trying to allude to, but you worded it much better.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #20
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
How do you know he hasn't? Are you there with them in the locker room? Do you have info on what's going on behind the scenes?

Just because he doesn't throw a hissy fit in public doesn't mean nothing is being done or said about it in private.
Mom- I don't know he has or am I in the locker room.

However, I know we have been getting flagged week after week for the same phantom fouls.

Is it safe to say whatever (if anything) Tomlin is doing, isn't working?

On a different note the Ward and Suggs comments will put the NFL officials on radar for what has been happening. Not what Tomlin has done or said