Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
steelerspride85
Banned

Member Number: 17401
Default steelers-ravens rivalry

I have the ratbirds as much as the next fan, I just wanted to get some opinions flowing. With the Jets-Patriots game this week, who's rivalry do you think is better? The word respect has been thrown around with this rivalry, with both teams playing similar smash mouth football yet respecting each other. Do you really respect the ravens?
steelerspride85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
billym99
Water Boy

Member Number: 11477
Default Re: steelers-ravens rivalry

I'm biased, but I say Steelers/Ravens. Two reasons I'm biased... I'm a Steelers fan and I live in Baltimore, I hear more about this game more then any other, even in the weeks leading up to it, let alone the week of.

First, Jets who? I'd argue that Pats/Colts is a more intersting matchup for the last decade then Jets/Pats. I guess what I'm getting at is how meaningful are the games between these two teams? I know as a Steelers fan that our season (and the Ravens season) always seems to hinge on the two games we play against each other. Both teams have [at least] a ring from the past decade, they played an afc title game against each other (which I must say was an epic game), and have played some of the most hard hitting, violent football games that people have seen. Tossing out a few outliers here and there, Baltimore/Pitts games are generally decided by 3 points or less and they have seen their share of overtime games.

Until the Jets and Pats are facing off in MEANINGFUL games year in and year out (much like this Monday's game) I will continue to say Baltimore and Pittsburgh represents one of the best rivalries in football. Only one better may be Chicago/Green Bay because of the history of those two teams... that goes back a long way.
billym99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Best rivalry going in the NFL. Every game has meaning and the style of play has potential to break the record of fines ever levied in a single game. As long as we have Ben and they have Flacco your not going to find too many seasons where one of us is 3-7. Both teams will be competing for the top spot in the AFC North for years to come. Almost every game comes down to the last minute.

I respect the Ravens. Ray Lewis seems to respect the Steelers and it reflects that in every interview he's done since the last time we were in the Super Bowl (I could do without his dance). I wish Mason would retire because they wouldn't get a 3rd down against us without him.

Ben is 5-0 against the crows
Old 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

I am looking forward to the next big rival, or should I say old rivalry reborn, in the next couple of years when the BROWNS are back! I love that RB smashing all over the place and the fact that he was the 3rd RB at Arkansas behind McFadden and what's his face in Dallas.... MAN he would be a nice compliment in black and gold!!!!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote