Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Big Ben - The Raven Killer

7-2 all time vs. the Ravens as a starter. The Ravens haven't beaten the Steelers since 2006 with Big Ben in the line up. Last 8 meetings the Steelers are 5-3 against the Rats. The 3 Rat wins were against Batch this year, Dixon last year, and Batch to end the 07 season when all our starters were resting for the playoffs.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Big Ben - The Raven Killer

Ben does seem to make great plays against them. I like Batch but I don't think he will ever beat the Raven's defense. This game is going to be almost 100% O line. Even with horrible play calling, if the O line does there job, the play has a good chance of working.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

I really, REALLY hope we win this game. Our team has had it's problems, it's true, but... we had bad moments in 2008 too. In many ways, parts of this season have mirrored that season because we only lost to good teams then, and we've only lost to good teams now. And it's true, we just barely squeaked by a bad team last week, but don't forget in 08 we only beat the Browns 10-6 in week 2. So anything is possible. Many of our issues were the same issues then (bad O-line, questionable running game and QB play, stong run defense but shaky pass defense late in games). I'd still say we were a better team then but we weren't SO much better that we can't be that team again.

Prove me right, Pittsburgh.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

*DELETE* Double post, sorry.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

There's something about how our QB's play our division rival. Ben is def a Raven killer and it seems our team welcomes that physical challenge than anything else and Baltimore is our roughest competition.

Kordell Stewart was also a Raven killer. Dude had a GREAT game everytime he played against them. I remember in '97 maybe (?) we were down like 21 points and he led us back to beat them in a thriller. I always liked Kordell and even though he didn't have a chance to be good here, he was still an amazing athlete and had good years in '97, '00 & '01.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

I would classify Santonio as the Raven Killer, Ben's play against them hasn't been that spectacular other than a dominating performance in 2007.

We we're pretty fortunate to beat them with Ben in the lineup last year.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Perhaps it is now Flacco the Steeler killer the way he marched them down the field for the winning TD in the closing moments of the early October game at Heinz field.

Big ben has had some good luck against the Ravens but several of those wins were very close calls and I doubt his luck will continue. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results, those past wins over the Ravens by Big Ben will mean zilch on Sunday night. Especially since the Ravens got the monkey off their back by their last minute crowd silencing win at Heinz field.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

Call me a pessimist but hey thats just me but I dont feel confident at all about this game...with our O-line problems I expect them to bring the house every other play and it would absolutely would not surprise me they get 7+ sacks...hey guys please prove me wrong!!!!
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #9
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler4life1972 View Post
Call me a pessimist but hey thats just me but I dont feel confident at all about this game...with our O-line problems I expect them to bring the house every other play and it would absolutely would not surprise me they get 7+ sacks...hey guys please prove me wrong!!!!

Me too, I think we're not going to generate a strong running game and the Ravens are going to blitz like crazy. If we win this one I think it will be on the back of our defense like the 08 victories.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Perhaps it is now Flacco the Steeler killer the way he marched them down the field for the winning TD in the closing moments of the early October game at Heinz field.

Big ben has had some good luck against the Ravens but several of those wins were very close calls and I doubt his luck will continue. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results, those past wins over the Ravens by Big Ben will mean zilch on Sunday night. Especially since the Ravens got the monkey off their back by their last minute crowd silencing win at Heinz field.
Flacco a Steelers killer? Really? Flacco is 2-4 against the Steelers all-time, including a loss in the playoffs. His two wins came at the expense of facing Dixon and Batch. Head to head, Flacco has never out-performed Roethlisberger with coming away with victories. Just sayin.

The Ravens have been so unbelievably lucky over the years when facing the Steelers due to major key injuries, specifically the QB backup position.