Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #41
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,646
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 401
Thanked 938 Times in 364 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

Football is just a physical sport. Many people get hurt in this sport. That's what you sign up for. It's sad Mike Webster died the way he did, but if he had a choice to do it again I think he would. If you can't handle the game don't join/quit easy as that.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #42
Steeler4life1972
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 1,052
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
The Ravens haven't been fined because their defensive players have not delivered the kind of hits the Harrison has. Harbaugh teaches hard hitting but not dangerous or illegal hitting.

The NFL isn't out to get any team or player, the policy holds for all teams.
Dude get a clue and go to your ravens board....its obvious that you dont watch football on a regular basis and your just showing your ignorance. Good riddance to you!
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #43
bobby jr
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baltimore Md
Posts: 293
Member Number: 15696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler4life1972 View Post
Dude get a clue and go to your ravens board....its obvious that you dont watch football on a regular basis and your just showing your ignorance. Good riddance to you!
Wrong again. I am glued to the TV every weekend. I have not seen any Ravens hit players in a manner which is comparable to some of the hits I have seen Harrison deliver which resulted in the fines. If there had been the league certainly would have fined or suspended the Ravens player, as the Ravens have never been one of the favored teams in the NFL offices due to the Cleveland controversy.

Bottom line is this: You do the crime you do the time. Harrison is guilty of delivering hits that crossed the line. These type of plays are no longer acceptable in the NFL. He needs to adjust his game to tackle like other players do, or else pay the consequences, which I imagine will be not just fines but suspensions if this keeps up.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #44
bobby jr
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baltimore Md
Posts: 293
Member Number: 15696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman000123 View Post
Yea so adding two games on to the season definitely helps the players out there. They don't care about the players. Hines Ward made that clear when Ray Anderson didn't have anything to say about Ward's claims. Game, Set, Match.
That is fallacious reasoning. Hines ward statement about extending the season is not logically sound. To carry your argument to it's logical conclusion the NFL should shorten the season to perhaps five games to prevent injury. Or just fold up the tent and stop playing because they care so much about the players they don't want anyone to get injured.

There is always a tradeoff. The NFL will always have an inherent amount of danger but it is worth it both to the players and the fans because the payoff is so big.


The NFL extending the season is a totally separate issue from stopping players from delivering dangerous hits. If the NFL can curb the vicious and unnecessary hits then the season can be extended and the injury rate would still go down.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #45
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,658
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,609
Thanked 5,111 Times in 2,390 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Wrong again. I am glued to the TV every weekend. I have not seen any Ravens hit players in a manner which is comparable to some of the hits I have seen Harrison deliver which resulted in the fines.
Then you must be blind drunk by kickoff every week and not remember what you watched

Ray Lewis made it clear after the Ravens' loss in New England that he didn't agree with the rules protecting the quarterback
.
Last week, he apparently didn't think too much of rules protecting receivers either, as he left his feet and led with his helmet to land a jarring hit on Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco. The receiver's helmet was knocked loose, and Lewis was flagged for unnecessary roughness.

Now, Lewis -- who wasn't fined for his complaints in Foxborough -- will have to pay. Big time.

Lewis was fined $25,000 by the NFL, ESPN.com reported on Friday.


http://www.nesn.com/2009/10/ray-lewi...ochocinco.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #46
iceman000123
Bench Warmer
 
iceman000123's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 195
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
That is fallacious reasoning. Hines ward statement about extending the season is not logically sound. To carry your argument to it's logical conclusion the NFL should shorten the season to perhaps five games to prevent injury. Or just fold up the tent and stop playing because they care so much about the players they don't want anyone to get injured.

There is always a tradeoff. The NFL will always have an inherent amount of danger but it is worth it both to the players and the fans because the payoff is so big.


The NFL extending the season is a totally separate issue from stopping players from delivering dangerous hits. If the NFL can curb the vicious and unnecessary hits then the season can be extended and the injury rate would still go down.
Extending seasons lessens the time players have for rest and whatnot while at the same time increasing the chance for fatigue and/or injury. There is no reason whatsoever to extend the season and if you think there is then please enlighten me. Unless the players themselves come out and want to go to a 18 game season then there isn't a need to change anything.

And that's the problem now. The NFL's definition of unnecessary hits.Example: Harrison has had two legit helmet to helmet hits both in the Browns games. He got fined. That's cool, he deserved those. Everything else is BS. You know whats unnecessary? Punching a QB in the face, or pulling off helmets and swinging at each other. That's "unnecessary."
__________________
iceman000123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #47
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,005
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

why are you guys even responding to this clown? he is clearly talking out of his ass just to get a rise out of you.
__________________
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #48
jamesharrisonst
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Coast
Posts: 8
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17334
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

The NFL says they r not targeting James HArrison, Ha HA Ha HA HA. The bully in my class never hit anyone either. Fact, The ref last week was pulling out his flag before contact Fact, Cortland finnegan has hit people three times but has lessin fines. I guess the NFL is saying that fighting is better than tackling
jamesharrisonst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #49
BigRick
Bench Warmer
 
BigRick's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 321
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16392
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco on fines: Steelers’ Harrison is doing his job

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I disagree. Just take the man Goodell at his word until proven otherwise. The NFL does not want to handicap defenses to run up scores. They want to protect players.
There was a lot of bad publicity prior to this season (Front page SI article as I recall)
about concussions in football and the adverse long term affects of head injuries from vicious hits.

You can have a hard hitting and good defense without these attempts to damage or intimidate players by helmet shots to the head. I recall that vicious shot Willis MacGahee took in the AFC champiionship game a couple of years ago against the steelers. He was carted off the field. If that happened to day that would be a penalty and a fine and possibly a suspension for that hit against Willie, and well it should be.
This f--khead is either too young to remember or doesn't watch football. Just look back over the years at the rules the leauge made to hamper the defense and open up the offensive game. Defense like the Steelers adapted and clamped down on the offense. So now we change the rules again and hand out fines for legal hits. Goodell has to go!
I would hate to see a lockout and a lost season but if would get rid of the useless bastard, let it be.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts