Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-03-2006, 05:22 PM   #11
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504
Default Re: Hines Ward In Korea & Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
so is a clothing line for african americans ? If was a clothing line that was specifically for white people then i guess would be an outrage and rascism would be yelled? lol your right 83 Steelers 43 when you said " I'm not up to date on the hip-hop world nor do I care to be, but that's a great selling add for bringing races together. *sarcasm* "
If you read Suit's attached article you would realize that what you are sayin is not true.

Its name is an acronym for "For Us, By Us," a slogan that expressed the founders' purpose of creating a line of popular clothing designed for African-Americans, by African-Americans. At the time of FUBU's inauguration, though numerous clothiers were targeting black consumers for their urban wear, none of these companies was black-owned or black-run.

That acronym, meant as a positive statement of black empowerment, was not always received as such. Some perceived it as a declaration of black racism, an exclusionary bit of sign-posting that effectively warned off anyone not of color from the raiment.

Racism was not intended, though. At the time they brought FUBU into existence, the five young trendsetters who started the company were unaware that anyone other than urban blacks also favored that style of clothing. "We thought only inner-city kids were into Timberland," said CEO Daymond John. Theirs was a world where clothing worn exclusively by inner-city kids (or so they thought) wasn't being designed by them. They set out to change that, along the way adopting a company name that proudly expressed that intent.

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #12
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
so is a clothing line for african americans ? If was a clothing line that was specifically for white people then i guess would be an outrage and rascism would be yelled? lol your right 83 Steelers 43 when you said " I'm not up to date on the hip-hop world nor do I care to be, but that's a great selling add for bringing races together. *sarcasm* "

Anyway, it says on the picture's caption that he just got off the plane. I see nothing wrong with wearing something comfortable for a long ride. I'm sure he knows what's appropriate and what's not.
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Now that, I agree with. Long plane rides in a suit and tie is not the most comfortable situation to be in. Can't blame the guy.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-03-2006 at 09:32 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,311 Times in 3,270 Posts

So when you go on a business trip and are meeting clients for an airport meeting or travel directly from the airport to the office after your flight arrives, you wear whatever is comfortable on the flight?

I am fairly confident that the decision by Hines Ward to arrive in South Korea wearing a T-shirt was all about the Benjamins and had nothing to do with comfort. Too bad.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Personally, I travel in the suit and tie if I'm meeting associates. If I'm going on a vacation, which I believe is what Ward is doing, I would be dressed down. I really don't see the big deal with this, but that's just me.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #16
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
So when you go on a business trip and are meeting clients for an airport meeting or travel directly from the airport to the office after your flight arrives, you wear whatever is comfortable on the flight?

I am fairly confident that the decision by Hines Ward to arrive in South Korea wearing a T-shirt was all about the Benjamins and had nothing to do with comfort. Too bad.
Could be. Why dont you call him and tell him you're very dissapointed in him. ;)
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,194 Times in 3,490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan

i hear you atl dan. i have no shame in lounging im my boxers on an oversea flight and slipping into a suit before landing. (not that ive done that but i definitely would. plus theres ALWAYS hotties in the airport). lets hope hines is all business and representing his american dream and country like a true dignitary when he meets with the so. korean president. this is much bigger than the average vacation for him.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

I'm still trying to figure out something here before I make assumptions........

Once he got off the plane, was he directly going to meet the Prez or do you think he was going to head to his hotel and get situated first? If I had to speculate (basically pure speculation is what this thread is really about), I would say he's heading to the hotel.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i hear you atl dan. i have no shame in lounging im my boxers on an oversea flight and slipping into a suit before landing. (not that ive done that but i definitely would. plus theres ALWAYS hotties in the airport). lets hope hines is all business and representing his american dream and country like a true dignitary when he meets with the so. korean president. this is much bigger than the average vacation for him.
Hines is a very respectful man but did prolly wear the Tee and hat for comfort. Do you really think Hines needs to dress up to get hotties......in Korea where he's insanely famous? He'll be properly attired for the various ceremonies he'll be a part of later in the trip.

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #20
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

Jeeeez.... It must be the offseason if everyone is worried about his dress attire! Have any of you ever taken a real long flight? The longest I have ever been on was to Italy and it was 10 hours direct flight from Philly to Rome. I can assure everyone that I would never take that flight in a suit.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote