Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
Hirsch
Water Boy

Member Number: 16266
Default Noncalls

WOW a blow to the head , broken nose and no flag! If our player even touches the back of the head of the opposing QB we get a 15 yard unsportsman like conduct penalty . How bad is that ! Even Chris Colins was making coments about it and the holding.
Hirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
caseydog
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1361
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Noncalls

Heath just got a forearm and helmet the the face, and no call.

It seems like the new rules seem to be, do what you want to the Steelers, and penalize and fine the Steelers as much as possible.

Break the nose of his royal highness and fashion model Brady, and you'll be banned for the season.

CD
Old 12-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032
Default Unbelievable...

Hard to believe that illegal hands to the face of a quarterback and a near career-ending / possible paralyzation play are somehow not called in this game. Thank God this game is nationally televised so that everyone can see this transpire. I refrained from sending a letter to NFL Headquarters expressing my discontent with their fairness in policies and an ultimate bias against my home team, but after tonight's game I have had it!!! It is so unfortunate that the NFL is doing this to the Steelers. IMHO, Mike Tomlin should have ran out on that field, got the refs flag, and threw it himself. I just cannot believe these penalties that should be for us are so blatantly NOT being called.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
My Mood: Cheeky
Default The Conspiracy Theorists Were Right

The NFL isn't trying to hide their bias against the Steelers any longer. I used to joke about it... that the refs seemed to be out to get us these last 5 games or so. That despite the ever growing situation with Harrison (and others on the team), it was probably just a coincidence that number of flags have been increasing exponentially.

After what happened to Heath, it's PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that the refs turned a blind eye on a defenseless receiver who was almost seriously injured by a blatantly illegal tackle. No flags... and there probably won't be a fine. And that's not even taking into consideration the hit Ben took to the face. His nose was not only bleeding, but looked DISFIGURED. His nose was CLEARLY broken by a Raven's player who (whether intentionally or not) landed an illegal blow to our quarterback's face.

I know it's been said already, but I think it's worth noting as many times as it takes: If this had been Brady, our player would have been fined (and, if Harrison, ejected) - can you imagine it? Brady with a bent up nose - broken and bleeding. Hell, Goodell might have gone so far as to pursue a criminal investigation of the hit, charging one of our Steelers with felony assault.

I was just kidding about the last part (I hope). But, for all of those people out there insisting that the league is out to get us this time year - this game against the Ravens could very well be the smoking gun.

I'm not big on conspiracies, personally.... but something is definitely wrong here. Something stinks - and, this time, it's not just the play-calling. I think this runs deeper than any of us know. The hypocrisy is stunning - either the refs are unbelievably inept - or they're getting directions from higher up. It sure looks like someone is trying their damnest to crucify this team and, in doing so, turn them into an example. The powers that be want to change the league from the ground up - and who better to humble than a team as storied and successful as Pittsburgh.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
Even Chris Collinsworth was making coments about it and the holding.
Usually, Collinsworth doesn't know the difference between crap & apple-butter, so if he recognized it, you know it had to be obvious
Old 12-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #6
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
My Mood: Cheeky

Sorry, I didn't notice your thread when I made my similarly themed conspiracy theory! But I obviously agree with everything you stated. This whole situation is getting ridiculous.

BUT AT LEAST WE WON IN SPITE OF THE PAID REFS!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,476 Times in 942 Posts
Default Re: The Conspiracy Theorists Were Right

And what about the hit by Suggs, that was as blatant as helmet hit as anything.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #8
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default F U NFL GOODELL RAY ANDERSON!

you can't hold our boys down! **** off!
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032
Default Re: Unbelievable...

... yet we prevail again! WOO!!! Thank goodness for heart and determination!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: The Conspiracy Theorists Were Right

The head of officials did tell Al and Chris that it should have been a flag on the Miller hit. Actally surprised he admitted that, but its obviously who the NFL wants to win...
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote