Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205
Default Some thoughts after the Ravens game

1. I'd love to see how great this D would be without glaring weaknesses in the secondary. People talk about the D line being a problem but I don't see it, we're still hands down the league's best run D and we're still getting sacks and hurries. Maybe not as much as we need to support our weak secondary, but I think the problem is primarily in the secondary.

2. Ward is one of my all time favorite players, so it really hurts me to say this but I think he's starting to drop off in his effectiveness. I wasn't so concerned about losing Holmes because Wallace's rookie season showed he easily had the potential to be just as good if not better the Holmes. The problem is that this was assuming Ward could continue to be a #1 any down threat, and that doesn't appear to be the case. Luckily Sanders and Brown both appear to be stepping up so I'm not too worried about the future but I still think its a concern, hopefully I'm wrong and Ward is just in a bit of a funk, I hope we can send him off like we did Bettis regardless.

3. Is anyone still wary about replacing Reed with Sui-Sham-Wow? The dude is not only perfect kicking thus far, he's perfect at 40-49 yards with more attempts than Reed at that range where Reed went 0-4 before getting cut. To top it off the dude came through with some amazing punts after Sepulveda went down, some of which he had to re-kick because of special teams blunders. This brings us to...

4. Penalties: we're still kicking ourselves with stupid/silly penalties, however at least we finally forced the other team to make more mistakes than we made, so we're at least on a one game improvement pace in that regard. :P

5. Yet again the no huddle works when traditional offense was an abysmal failure. Am I wrong in thinking that Ben has more control over the offense in these situations and Arians less? I don't think of myself as anti-Arians as many here are, but at this point its hard to believe we couldn't do better. I've always been of the mindset that, while defense wins championships, the best defense is a good offense, and our offense is barely enough to win games with our defense, we can't count on our defense being able to win everything for us like our first 4 games this season.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251
Default Re: Some thoughts after the Ravens game

suisham is the man,......no huddle and we move the ball at will......we shouldve never gotten rid of holmes....he was CLUTCH! i know i will have nay sayers but he was clutch
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,695 Times in 2,900 Posts

the commercials were off the hook and out of control. they broke for commecial evey other minute it seemed. replaces and analysis were ignored.

i understand there needs to be commecials, but to see 60 minutes of football with 2 hours of commecials is rediculous.

suggs better get a fine for open palm punching ben in the head, when he shot putted the ball away.

i thought heath was paralized. i could care less about the fine. i want the 15 yards.

ravens can suck it. i hope they feel like humiliated miserable failures. i openly laughed anytime one of their players got hurt.

screw them.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
jamesharrisonst
Water Boy

Member Number: 17334

True to All that.
Also .This week the Nfl decided to non-call the other team rather than call Harrison.
Example. BEn hit in nose on purpose, No Call. Heath head ripped off. No Call.
Since Oakland, Steelers 3- Goodell 0.
jamesharrisonst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

The thrill is gone.

This is the third week in a row where I've felt almost no joy after a win, only relief that it was over.

Roger Goodell has ruined America's game.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
shovelnose
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3241

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
The thrill is gone.

This is the third week in a row where I've felt almost no joy after a win, only relief that it was over.

Goodell punished the only
team he could this week
shovelnose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Goodell sucks.Did anyone notice purple towels in the stadium?Not me,maybe they thought they wer to sit on?Blow there noses with?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #8
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

I am so glad we plucked those Raven's feathers 2nite. -we need this badly.
On a side, as mentioned earlier, Ya -> the "commercials" were disgusting, I mean right after Heath Miller looked like his neck was broken, lying catatonic on the field -immediately they go to a freekin "commercial" ???!!!
-that's not just greedy, that's down right inhuman on the broadcasters' part. -i mean comon.
Thank God, Heath walked away and I hope he'll be just fine.

Troy of course, wow, what a game-breaker he is :)

and well BEN, took another lickin' but he stayed in there for us, and that was courageous on his part.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
The thrill is gone.

I know exactly what you mean, and I feel the same way. I'll enjoy whatever games I get to see in the future for free, but I'm done with giving the NFL one cent of my money. The product used to be worth the money, now I just feel ripped off.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #10
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Did anyone else notice how quick that stadium cleared out after the game? It was like they cut to commercial and right when they went back, it was empty. Baltimore is drowning in tears right now, lol. I hope this begins a downhill slide for them and they miss the playoffs entirely. I was actually starting to respect them a bit for sticking up for the Steelers in this penalty/fine controversy shit, but this game wiped that out. How do they not draw flags when the hit Ben in the face twice and knock Miller out? Bullshit.

Anyway, Suisham is the man, I agree. Glad we picked him up. Anyone else think he looks like the dude who played Captain Kirk in that new Star Trek movie?
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote