Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
iceman000123
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13147
Default Remaining Schedule

Now we have games against the Bengals, Jets, Panthers, and the season closer against the Browns. Three of those games being home.

After that hard-fought battle with the ravens I'm feeling our chances with the remainder of this schedule.

Of course I believe we can win all of these games but if not believe we can finish out 3-1 with the remaining teams despite the league being out to get us.

Bengals fought hard against the saints but blew it. T.O. Almost brought them back against us in out last meeting. I don't know what happened to carson palmer but I do like our chances against them.

The jets are a good team and we'll have to play them as hard as we did the ravens and it's gonna be fun to see us play against Santonio Holmes. That game can be bad if we let them exploit our secondary.

The Panthers, to be honest I think. they're a mess right now I don't have any worries about that game except, us hindering ourselves. They don't know how to win right now. The showing against Seattle, I expected it to be more competitive.

Last, The browns. Assuming everyone is healthy by that time, and we stop Peyton Hillis such as the case today, we get by with the win and looking at a good 12-4.

This is just my thoughts after this week games, minus the Jets and Pats of course.

Thoughts?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,580 Times in 2,376 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Remaining Schedule

one game at a time. i'm a little worried about next week though, our team is really beat up health wise, that can't be good with the jets coming into town. though I do know that we can beat the jets. sanchez isn't necessarily elite, and we do well against any team that doesn't have a top qb
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

IF WE DON'T OVERLOOK ANYBODY, we should beat the Bengals pretty solid. We were putting a good hurt on them until our defense started falling apart. That's a home game and I think the D will stay tough. The Panthers should be a shutout if we prepare for them and take them seriously. Cleveland has a decent chance at an upset but we will win that game, again, if we don't get careless. The challenging game is the Jets. Luckily it's not in New York. We'll see how the Jets play against New England. This game helped a lot, but if we overlook a team and loose to the Jets, which is possible, then we still have a chance at losing the AFC North. If we take every team serious from here on out we will go 3-1 or 4-0.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Our offense is still a major issue. Tonight's victory should be credited 100% to our defense and a savvy kicker / punter.

Arians is still a joke. Our redzone offense is still a joke. We had 1st and goal on like the 4 yard line. What does Arians do? Run, Run, WR screen. = FG. Now I thought the WR screen was a perfect play on 1st or 2nd down. But 3rd down after running it twice....obviously they were covering us close....we were inside the 5 yard line for CHRIST SAKE! We get there passing.....we haven't been able to run the ball at all....so Arians runs up the gut for two losses in row....UN FRIGGEN BELIEVABLE. The game should have been over then.

We will not win a playoff game until Arians can get some sort of production out of his offense. We are heading into week 14 and our offense is still out of sync. The only positive I can see in that is Arians has likely coached his last season for Pittsburgh. We should have an entire year to find a suitable OC since we'll likely not have football next year.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497

We do have a possibility to go 13-3
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
IF WE DON'T OVERLOOK ANYBODY, we should beat the Bengals pretty solid. We were putting a good hurt on them until our defense started falling apart. That's a home game and I think the D will stay tough. The Panthers should be a shutout if we prepare for them and take them seriously. Cleveland has a decent chance at an upset but we will win that game, again, if we don't get careless. The challenging game is the Jets. Luckily it's not in New York. We'll see how the Jets play against New England. This game helped a lot, but if we overlook a team and loose to the Jets, which is possible, then we still have a chance at losing the AFC North. If we take every team serious from here on out we will go 3-1 or 4-0.

You forget a very important aspect of the last Cinci game. The ONLY reason it was close was due to 3....YES 3 HORRIBLE calls late in the 4th quarter that kept Cinci in it. That game should have been over and us running out the clock. The ONLY way we lose to Cinci is if Tomlin allows Arians to blow the game.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #7
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Seconded, we can't overlook any of these teams. NONE of them, not even the lowly Panthers. When a team finishes the season 2-14, you don't want to be one of those two, even if the game is practically meaningless at that point. But I think Pittsburgh learned a bit from those losses last season and know that they can't overlook anyone. It might have seemed like we overlooked the Bills last week, and maybe we did a bit, but we still won. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Bungles - Don't let these bastards trap you. They're pathetic, but they haven't given up, and you can be damn sure we're going to get whatever qualifies to them as an "A" game. We need to be ready because if we lose and Baltimore beats the Texans, we're tied with them again.

Jets - Likely the toughest remaining game on the schedule, made even tougher by the fact Holmes is on the team (again, brilliant move, front office) and knows our plays. Not that that makes much of a difference... since we have Arians as our offensive coordinator, EVERYONE knows our plays. Nevertheless, we can win if we can stop the run and pressure Sanchez. And if we can pass the ball... Revis makes that tough but not impossible.

Panthers - They flat out suck. But like I said, we can't take that fact for granted. Find their weak spots (shouldn't be too hard) and exploit the hell out of them.

The Browns - Still playing tough but I think we can beat them rather easily because we're still good at stopping the run. If Jake Failhomme is under center, we should get a few interceptions. If McCoy or Wallace is there, it might be a little tougher to get turnovers but we can still win. Ben can put up points against them as we've already seen, but it will be colder and windier, so we'll need some balance to avoid another nightmare like the second Steelers/Browns game last year.

Just curious, does anyone think 13-3 is a possibility? It's probably a stretch, but stranger things have happened.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #8
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

Not even going to comment on anything except the Bungles game. One game at a time people, one game at a time. Let's not forget last season's debacle. The only real difference is we're winning the close ones this year.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #9
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman000123 View Post
I don't know what happened to carson palmer but I do like our chances against them.
Oh, don't you remember a few years back when we basically broke his leg during a pivotal game? He was never quite the same after that.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but...

Old 12-06-2010, 03:25 AM   #10
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

Besides the Pathers, each team we play has SERIOUS motivation to beat us.

And we have SERIOUS motivation to crush them
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote