Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-06-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
SECTION219
Banned

Member Number: 17407
Default Who else thinks Ben is going to cost us this season?

I've never been a Big Ben fan . BUT I really thought the passing game would improve when he came back. Boy was I wrong. I cant help but wonder how it really could be any worse ? The defense kept the team in the game all night. If it wasnt for the fumble Troy causes, I'm sorry we lose this game. No way does he take us 80 yards for a touchdown. He rarely ever tries the longer or deep routes and if he does it 's picked or badly under thrown. Also MAYBE once or twice a game does he hit a guy in stride or in the numbers. I think Ward dropped that one because he was shocked he didnt have to jump 3 feet in the air or pull it from his shoes tops ! It was a terrible pass from Ben that Miller tried to reel in that put him the area where he got blasted. Thank god he was able to walk off the field it still amazes me after seeing his neck snap back !I know all the Ben LOVERS out there will be going crazy saying he's the best QB ever but I just dont see it this year.The passing offense is not good because of his poor play...not the line...not the WR's...him.
No wonder theres no running room, no ones worried about a pass so they stack the box. How many of Ben's completions are passes to WR's a half step off the line of scrimmage...tons. If it wasnt for Redmans great run after the catch we lose this game!
Thinking back did Ben even attempt one pass all night that went into the endzone ? I dont recall any ? Lets here how tough he is with a broken foot and nose.... watch a Pens game and see a guy get hit in the face with a puck going 50mph and get 25 stitches and be back on the ice before his next shift. I think he's ego is bigger than he is tough if anything. This Team beat Atlanta and Tampa with 2nd and 3rd string QB's and also gave the team the lead at the end of the last ravens game ,but the Defense let that one get away. He had 2 good games this year passing Cleavland and the raiders... thats it. The rest he stunk...just like tonight ! I'm done venting... let the bashing begin. Go Steelers!
SECTION219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,286 Times in 650 Posts
Default Re: Who else thinks Ben is going to cost us this season?

I just ran out of toilet paper. I printed your post and wiped my ass with it. Thanks man.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

The first post by a new member is bashing the Steeler who dug deep despite injury to put a solid game together. Hello salty Ravens fan... Bobby Jr.?
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #4
SECTION219
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSU A Dub View Post
The first post by a new member is bashing the Steeler who dug deep despite injury to put a solid game together. Hello salty Ravens fan... Bobby Jr.?
No dont think so....just a fan that thinks Ben isnt playing good whatsoever. No ravens fan here season ticket holder section 219 row g ..... what because I think Ben has stunk this year I have to be a Ravens fan....gimme a break.

What dont you agree with I guess he's playing awesome huh ? Wtf game are you watching ?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #5
Patriotist
Banned

Member Number: 17427

One of the gutsiest efforts you will ever see by a player what Ben Roethlisberger fought through and went through tonight to win this game
Patriotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #6
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTION219 View Post
I've never been a Big Ben fan . BUT I really thought the passing game would improve when he came back. Boy was I wrong. I cant help but wonder how it really could be any worse ? The defense kept the team in the game all night. If it wasnt for the fumble Troy causes, I'm sorry we lose this game. No way does he take us 80 yards for a touchdown. He rarely ever tries the longer or deep routes and if he does it 's picked or badly under thrown. Also MAYBE once or twice a game does he hit a guy in stride or in the numbers. I think Ward dropped that one because he was shocked he didnt have to jump 3 feet in the air or pull it from his shoes tops ! It was a terrible pass from Ben that Miller tried to reel in that put him the area where he got blasted. Thank god he was able to walk off the field it still amazes me after seeing his neck snap back !I know all the Ben LOVERS out there will be going crazy saying he's the best QB ever but I just dont see it this year.The passing offense is not good because of his poor play...not the line...not the WR's...him.
No wonder theres no running room, no ones worried about a pass so they stack the box. How many of Ben's completions are passes to WR's a half step off the line of scrimmage...tons. If it wasnt for Redmans great run after the catch we lose this game!
Thinking back did Ben even attempt one pass all night that went into the endzone ? I dont recall any ? Lets here how tough he is with a broken foot and nose.... watch a Pens game and see a guy get hit in the face with a puck going 50mph and get 25 stitches and be back on the ice before his next shift. I think he's ego is bigger than he is tough if anything. This Team beat Atlanta and Tampa with 2nd and 3rd string QB's and also gave the team the lead at the end of the last ravens game ,but the Defense let that one get away. He had 2 good games this year passing Cleavland and the raiders... thats it. The rest he stunk...just like tonight ! I'm done venting... let the bashing begin. Go Steelers!
First off, our passing problems are a result of a number of things. Sometimes it's Ben, sometimes it's the line, sometimes it players dropping passes that are right on the numbers. Anyone who tries to blame any one of those things, and not all of them combined, hasn't been paying much attention to the Steelers this season or has only paid attention to what they want to see as opposed to the whole picture(ie reality).

Secondly, anyone who says Ben rarely tries to throw the "longer or deep routes" definitely isn't paying attention. A lot of times we have drives end because of us going deep on second and long instead of taking short yardage to create 3rd and manageable situations.

Third, you're comparison to a hockey player is complete BS because you can't find a hockey player who has to take a 3-7 step drop and plant most of their 240 pounds onto a broken foot and then push off of it in order to put that weight into the throw. Furthermore, most non-defensive hockey players WILL NOT play on a broken foot PERIOD, unless it's the playoffs and there's no time to get healthy. As far as the broken nose, I don't think playing with a broken nose is anything special, but at the same time, ANYONE who gets their nose broken by a guy like Ngata, and gets back up, is pretty tough PERIOD. My guess is that if it were you in Bens shoes, you'd probably be squirming around and crying like a little bitch if the 350+ pound Ngata bent your nose sideways. While we're on toughness, did you see Ben shrug Suggs off of him the way he did??? Takes a tough guy to do that.......

Finally, yes Ben did put at least on pass into the endzone. If you weren't selective in what you remember, you would have realized that. It was a pass that was just out of Mike Wallaces reach. I blame Wallace on that one. He claims that he can't be overthrown b/c of his speed, so naturally QB's are gonna consistently try to overthrow him knowing that he'll catch up to it and burn the D in the process. Every QB on our roster has taken that very same approach to throwing to Wallace all season long.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #7
SECTION219
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotist View Post
One of the gutsiest efforts you will ever see by a player what Ben Roethlisberger fought through and went through tonight to win this game
I see people in wheelchairs and handicaps work 40 hour a week jobs for 8 bucks an hour...thats guts and heart. We won again toinigt in spite of Ben. Get it in your heads and come to reality. Remember all th people who said we cant win a game without Ben , well we went 3-1 with the 2nd and 3rd stringers. He is killing this offense right now.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #8
SECTION219
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
First off, our passing problems are a result of a number of things. Sometimes it's Ben, sometimes it's the line, sometimes it players dropping passes that are right on the numbers. Anyone who tries to blame any one of those things, and not all of them combined, hasn't been paying much attention to the Steelers this season or has only paid attention to what they want to see as opposed to the whole picture(ie reality).

Secondly, anyone who says Ben rarely tries to throw the "longer or deep routes" definitely isn't paying attention. A lot of times we have drives end because of us going deep on second and long instead of taking short yardage to create 3rd and manageable situations.

Third, you're comparison to a hockey player is complete BS because you can't find a hockey player who has to take a 3-7 step drop and plant most of their 240 pounds onto a broken foot and then push off of it in order to put that weight into the throw. Furthermore, most non-defensive hockey players WILL NOT play on a broken foot PERIOD, unless it's the playoffs and there's no time to get healthy. As far as the broken nose, I don't think playing with a broken nose is anything special, but at the same time, ANYONE who gets their nose broken by a guy like Ngata, and gets back up, is pretty tough PERIOD. My guess is that if it were you in Bens shoes, you'd probably be squirming around and crying like a little bitch if the 350+ pound Ngata bent your nose sideways. While we're on toughness, did you see Ben shrug Suggs off of him the way he did??? Takes a tough guy to do that.......

Finally, yes Ben did put at least on pass into the endzone. If you weren't selective in what you remember, you would have realized that. It was a pass that was just out of Mike Wallaces reach. I blame Wallace on that one. He claims that he can't be overthrown b/c of his speed, so naturally QB's are gonna consistently try to overthrow him knowing that he'll catch up to it and burn the D in the process. Every QB on our roster has taken that very same approach to throwing to Wallace all season long.
Your actually right .. that pass went out of the end zone...badly thrown to a wide open Wallce.Once in 4 qtrs. of play I stand corrected,. Thats not cutting it . If we play the Pats again its another blow out Ben couldnt do dick in that game until the Pats let him ,in mop up time.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #9
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
I see people in wheelchairs and handicaps work 40 hour a week jobs for 8 bucks an hour...thats guts and heart. We won again toinigt in spite of Ben. Get it in your heads and come to reality. Remember all th people who said we cant win a game without Ben , well we went 3-1 with the 2nd and 3rd stringers. He is killing this offense right now.
Notice how he said "by a player" and not "by any human in any situation". Another invalid comparison on your part.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #10
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

Quote:
Apples and oranges. Perhaps we should try to be a bit more objective and less defensive when debating?

I, for one, still take a healthy Ben in the last two minutes of a game over anyone in the league. But that's just me. I also think whatever passing woes we've had can partially be attributed to Arians.