Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #21
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527
Default Re: Who else thinks Ben is going to cost us this season?

I just watched Ben play with more heart last night than I've seen him play all season. I also was IMPRESSED by his determination and escapability. My prediction to the game was 13 - 3 Ravens and I was wrong BECAUSE Ben hung in there on several plays and didn't give up. Was he perfect? Absolutely not. Was he good enouhg to win? Hell yeah!

Amazing that I wake up this morning stoked because our team played an extremely rough game and came out on top. AND THE FIRST POST I READ IS THIS CRAP?

GO AWAY!
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #22
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTION219 View Post
No dont think so....just a fan that thinks Ben isnt playing good whatsoever. No ravens fan here season ticket holder section 219 row g ..... what because I think Ben has stunk this year I have to be a Ravens fan....gimme a break.

What dont you agree with I guess he's playing awesome huh ? Wtf game are you watching ?
I think a person with season tickets would be on this message board long before the middle of the season. Coincidence that this guy shows up as Bobby Jr. leaves? Anyone else smell a troll?
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #23
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Ben was shaky at first last night but turned it around as the game went on. Some receivers had crucial drops. Hines at the end of the half (he hassss to make that catch, unacceptable for a player of Hines's caliber) and Sanders in the 3rd quarter (a little more understandable for him and he usually makes up for it but he needs to haul these in). These things kept derailing drives, that and we couldn't pick up the hard yard on 3rd and 1 at any point in the game. He did check down a lot but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #24
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Ben holding off Suggs just to pitch away a ball and save a sack is easily one of the most impressive plays a QB will make all season long and you come in here crying about his supposedly bad game with a broken foot and nose.

Arians play calling and dropped passes are 100x more of a concern for me than Ben's play.

GTFO.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #25
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTION219 View Post
I guess you can Bash the Oline in tons of post or say jeff Reed stinks after a bad half season . But to say Ben is playing subpar at best is bashing ? Gimme a freakin break. @@#!#@$)I@$

Play great ??? Cmon on what did you smoke during the game ? Great? Thats mind boggling that you think he played a great game? Is there ever been a bad game from Ben ? can you think of one ?
He played a very good game. Its not just about reading "game stats"...its also about being a leader and general.
Go back to the Super Mario forums and whine and complain like a little b**** over there in your mom's basement. I don't mind reading peoples opinions but thats the stupidest post i've ever read. Get out....not wanted here. If you have something constructive to bring to the table, then come back.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #26
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

I have been critical of Ben in the past, as recently as last week, but I'm not saying anything this week.

In my opinion, this was his best game of the season. He was playing against a tenacious defense, yet he hung in the pocket. For once, he looked like he was playing organized football rather than the backyard variety.

This is the best front seven the Steelers have played, yet Ben only took 2 sacks. That's huge. He threw the ball away and took check-downs. I can only hope this is a sign of things to come.

His escape from Suggs on the game winning 'drive' made me ejaculate in my pants.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #27
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

that was pretty incredible. How a big tough guy like Suggs can't bring him down after having him in his grasp for that long is mindboggling. Suggs has to be kicking the crap out of himself this morning in disbelief.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #28
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

This thread sucks more than your favorite female p0rn st@r wearing a c0ck necklace.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #29
rrage
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15072

Section, you are a complete bozo for this post. Would you rather have P. Manning at this point because he is costing his team right now. All Burger has done is win inspite of all the o-line turmoil & just hasnt looked great doing it.
rrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #30
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Man, haters gonna hate.

Our O-line is an absolute patchwork mess right now, but lets put all the blame on Ben who is walking in a boot and wearing a special shoe to play b/c his foot is fcuked (and still manages to scramble for his life) and a broken nose.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote