Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,361 Times in 4,303 Posts
Default Troy Polamalu is always on time

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...always-on-time

Quote:
Trailing 10-6 and with the Ravens facing second-and-5 from their 38-yard line, Pittsburgh defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau called a "Cover Zero," which is a blitz with no safety help over the top. It was a gutsy call that could have resulted in a big play for Baltimore or Pittsburgh. But thanks to Polamalu, the game swung in Pittsburgh's favor.
Quote:
Polamalu's well-timed blitz could be the biggest play in Pittsburgh's regular season. It also could be the sequence that gives Pittsburgh at least one postseason game at Heinz Field and potentially a first-round bye and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Many players can make plays. But very few can make them consistently when the game is on the line.

That is the rare category that Polamalu is in.

"That's the thing; that's what makes him a star," Steelers safety Ryan Clark said of Polamalu, who had five tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.

"He watches film like no other player," said Steelers defensive end Ziggy Hood. "In practice, you can see that he knows exactly what to do. And when you see him flying around in practice, you just know he's going to do it in the game."

While Polamalu's teammates boarded the bus in a celebratory mood, Polamalu walked to his locker and the flock of media as though nothing happened. Polamalu expects to make special plays and spent his time crediting others.

"It was all Coach LeBeau," Polamalu said in a very quiet voice. "We were anticipating run, but Coach LeBeau remained a step ahead."

That's about all you're going to get out of Polamalu in terms of his personal greatness.

Last week, Polamalu saved the Steelers with a fourth-quarter interception that helped force overtime against the Buffalo Bills. This week he caused the fumble that may have won the division.
i know its all most trendy to question lebeau these days and imply that the game has passed him by. thats why its best to listen to the opinions of those who work for him as opposed to the message board savants. lebeaus resume speaks for itself.

the results speak even louder.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Troy Polamalu is always on time

Man,every game when I start thinking,wheres Troy?He comes up HUGE! He has got to be the BEST in the league at timing.Once in a while he gets an offside call,but man,hes usually spot on,love the guy!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Well even last night that comment came up quite a bit. Where's Troy, lol

Hell Boldin said, YOOOOO troy I'm over here in the endzone, lol..

Its just to bad our secondary isnt good enough to cover a dead dog or we could really let Troy wreak havoc in the short zones.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Dillinger-63
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4850

Troy -The Flying Squirrel, I love him!
Dillinger-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

Right before that play happened I said to my girl...watch troys gonna make a big play...literally the next play he comes up big.

hes the man
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388

I was sitting and watching the game with a friend, and looked over at him shortly before as well...said "it's time for a turnover or SOMETHING" ... IT was in the cards last night...

Gotta love our Tasmanian Devil!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic
Smile Re: Troy Polamalu is always on time

Cap Loves Troy P 43!!! He's simply one of the best players I've ever seen play the game. And his humble, quiet nature makes him even moreso.

Love ya Troy and I always will!!

caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentheon View Post
Right before that play happened I said to my girl...watch troys gonna make a big play...literally the next play he comes up big.

hes the man
right before the redman touchdown, my dog looks at me and says, look out for redzone !!!
after he scored, we laughed and smoked another doobie and did a couple more jager bombs. ....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
Bornasteelerfanwilldieone
Water Boy

Member Number: 17456

I was born in Grove city PA and my grandfather was a steel worker he poured train engine blocks i am new to the forums i love it! However i moved to maryland frederick which is right in between the suck redskins and the Ratbirds. We lose we take it like a real team. I heard so many times today bye them ratbird fans oh you stole the game from us. HAHAHAHAHA how your QB tanked it in the fourth qaurter you punks than got crushed and a touchdown. They always make excuses becuase you know why they are so jealous and miserable and misery likes company I looked at that lady who said you stole the game I siad what the hell game where you watching hahhahaha you idiot.
Bornasteelerfanwilldieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
Bornasteelerfanwilldieone
Water Boy

Member Number: 17456

I knew it was coming too I always battle with my boss would we have mad the playoffs last year with a healthy palamalu...... are you kidding me haahhahahaha. I always hear one player can not make a difference well last night troy proved why he is so important. There is no doubt in my mind the ratbirds would be done last year Palamalu would have been healthy but hey it's this year baby and it's on we got him back bring it on. Tom baby.
Bornasteelerfanwilldieone is offline   Reply With Quote