Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Post-Baltimore thoughts II

NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Monday, December 06, 2010
Post-Baltimore thoughts II

Just some quick thoughts here before I get off to bed following a bumpy flight back into Pittsburgh:

I loved Bruce Arians' adjustment to a pony offense in an effort to take some of the pressure off Ben Roethlisberger's injured right foot. In fact, I wouldn't be at all against the Steelers continuing to use that look moving forward, even after the foot is healed.

And obviously, I didn't give anything away to the Ravens by mentioning that the Steelers might have something up their sleeve.

Sunday night's game is the biggest example of why there is so much confusion surrounding the NFL's crackdown on helmet-to-helmet hits and hits on the quarterback.

It's shameful that those calls were missed.

Great call by Dick LeBeau to send Troy Polamalu on a blitz.

The Steelers had gotten burned blitzing Polamalu earlier in the game when Ray Rice did a nice job of picking him up, leaving Ryan Clark one-on-one with Anquan Boldin, a play that turned into a 61-yard gain for Boldin.

Nobody picked up Polamalu this time around and it changed the Steelers' fate.

Joe Flacco just doesn't handle pressure well and it's the one thing that is keeping him from being considered among the upper echelon of quarterbacks.

When he's pressured, he panics.

Ben Roethlisberger is just the opposite. He thrives in those situations.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,911 Times in 4,515 Posts
Default Re: Post-Baltimore thoughts II

i think lolley is confusing the "pony backfield" with the "pistol formation".

= article fail.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Post-Baltimore thoughts II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Monday, December 06, 2010
Post-Baltimore thoughts II

Just some quick thoughts here before I get off to bed following a bumpy flight back into Pittsburgh:

I loved Bruce Arians' adjustment to a pony offense in an effort to take some of the pressure off Ben Roethlisberger's injured right foot. In fact, I wouldn't be at all against the Steelers continuing to use that look moving forward, even after the foot is healed.

And obviously, I didn't give anything away to the Ravens by mentioning that the Steelers might have something up their sleeve.

Sunday night's game is the biggest example of why there is so much confusion surrounding the NFL's crackdown on helmet-to-helmet hits and hits on the quarterback.

It's shameful that those calls were missed.

Great call by Dick LeBeau to send Troy Polamalu on a blitz.

The Steelers had gotten burned blitzing Polamalu earlier in the game when Ray Rice did a nice job of picking him up, leaving Ryan Clark one-on-one with Anquan Boldin, a play that turned into a 61-yard gain for Boldin.

Nobody picked up Polamalu this time around and it changed the Steelers' fate.

Joe Flacco just doesn't handle pressure well and it's the one thing that is keeping him from being considered among the upper echelon of quarterbacks.

When he's pressured, he panics.

Ben Roethlisberger is just the opposite. He thrives in those situations.

1. Yeah, Flacco is dangerous when he has all day back there. But with heaps of pressure, thats when they falter. It has to be the game plan, i would think, to keep heavy pressure on him all 4 quarters next time for sure
2. The in-consistency with the penalty flags for hitting is really getting confusing and anger-inducing. How an official who should be right on top of that Heath Miller play doesn't throw a flag for an obvious helmet-to-helmet hit is.....what???!?
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote