Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #11
iceman000123
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13147
Default Re: Beating NE in the playoffs

I'm not completely sold on the PATS yet. Yea they just completely BEAT UP the Jets but now lets look at the Jets for a moment, wins over Browns, Texans, Bills, Vikings. All teams with losing records. They've beaten the PATs and the Dolphins. Well we obviously just saw what should have happened back in week 2. They have the 5th easier schedule. So it's not such a big deal the PATS destroying them like they did. If it comes down to us playing the PATS I say bring it on!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,963 Posts

i dunno i never feel comfortable in the steelers vs brady matchup. we NEVER win against him and it's hard to be optimistic about meeting them in the playoffs again.

i will hope for a win but will not expect it.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i don't see us even coming close to beating the Patriots this year. First off....if you think our offense scoring 13, 16 points will get a win....hell that won't even be satisfactory against the Pats in one half.
Secondly....A healthy Brady will KILL us on those short passes...short passes....short passes. We try and cover inside, he'll throw 7 yard screens. We cover outside, he'll kill us on those short, immediate inside slants. There would have to be a MAJOR overhaul and game plan for us to even put a dent in that.
The only way i see us having a chance, is for the D to be in Brady's face all night long, every down, aggressive/almost animal-like and i mean throwing heavy blitzes.
Brady's a bit like Flacco. He's great when he has all day back there to throw....but when you're in his face, he's nervous, flustered and his true skills that all the other QB's have to deal with (leaky o-lines, blitzes, etc) shows.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #14
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

I'm pretty much sold on the Pats. They are on the verge of rebooting their dynasty. They don't give a crap about player loyalty and have dispensed with the pricey expendables to garner a plethora of coveted draft picks. They will own the draft next year - I mean that literally. This year they will go deep. Perhaps the SB. They will be an incredibly tough out on their turf. They are way better than that Colts team of a few years ago. They are better coached and are loaded with athletic players who are smart. If the Steelers did get to meet them, they would have to make it their M.O. to get to Brady at all costs to even have a sniff of a chance.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #15
Patriotist
Banned

Member Number: 17427

My favorite moment of tonights game was when they panned to the sidelines when we were up by 31 or 38 points. Belichick gathered the entire team around him. You could see traces of smiles everywhere. I thought it was beautiful and it really seems like this infux of youth is exactly what the Pats needed. Belichick has taken these young kids under his wing and he seems to be enjoying every bit of it.

Get out with that "don't give a crap about player loyalty".
Patriotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:14 AM   #16
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

I hate those little short dump offs to their backs which pick up huge gains for them. And no other QB that I can remember has ever turned his back on our defense and didn't find himself getting up off the field with a turf visor. Something needs to be done to figure out how to beat Brady. Even if it means breaking down what the Stains did to the Cheats. Hopefully, this can be a case of how we lost to the Colts in 05 and crushed them in the playoffs.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:18 AM   #17
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

Pressure is what won the in 2005 against the Colts. If they do not get to Brady, he will do what he has been doing. I think the only way the steelers beat them is if they throw something so unique, that it puzzles the team. That and the Steelers need to keep Brady off the field. I want the Pats. Steelers need to avenge their playoff loses to them.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #18
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i don't see us even coming close to beating the Patriots this year. First off....if you think our offense scoring 13, 16 points will get a win....hell that won't even be satisfactory against the Pats in one half.
Secondly....A healthy Brady will KILL us on those short passes...short passes....short passes. We try and cover inside, he'll throw 7 yard screens. We cover outside, he'll kill us on those short, immediate inside slants. There would have to be a MAJOR overhaul and game plan for us to even put a dent in that.
The only way i see us having a chance, is for the D to be in Brady's face all night long, every down, aggressive/almost animal-like and i mean throwing heavy blitzes.
Brady's a bit like Flacco. He's great when he has all day back there to throw....but when you're in his face, he's nervous, flustered and his true skills that all the other QB's have to deal with (leaky o-lines, blitzes, etc) shows.
I don't see us beating the Pats at Gillette either, not with our offense. I believe our defense can do a much better job than what it did at HF but this won't matter if we can't put points on the board when it counts, not when the Pats are already out of reach and release the pressure.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #19
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Wow, I was hoping for some constructive comments and not a eulogy. To some of you, we've already lost. We may as well not show up or play

The Steelers need to play a perfect game on both sides of the ball. No turnovers and win the time of possession
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #20
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Does anyone else here think that Lebeau was playing possum that first NE game. We sat back and saw what they have. Super Bowls are won in the playoffs not regular season.

We just had a bad game vs NE. It Happens.

Farrior is having one of his best seasons, Ben (considering the O Line and his injuries) is playing well and winning.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote