Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,187 Times in 1,777 Posts
Default Ravens' Harbaugh rips angry fans

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh lashed out at fans Tuesday night after receiving complaints about the team’s performance during the 13-10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, WBAL.com reported.

With the season winding down, which team tops our power rankings?

Speaking on his weekly radio show, Harbaugh told angry fans to root for someone else if they are displeased with the Ravens’ efforts.
"I'm proud of this football team," Harbaugh said in response to one call. "I'm proud of our defense. I'm proud of our offense. We will fight our tails off to be the best team we can every single week.
"If that's not enough for you then go find another team to cheer for. If you're not proud of this team then you don't know football."
The Ravens, 8-4, were battling the Steelers for first place in the AFC North Sunday night in one of the most anticipated matchups of the season.

What's the most iconic play in history? Cast your vote now.

Baltimore held a late lead until Steelers All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu came through completely untouched, forcing Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco to fumble as he dropped back to pass on a second-and-5 play.
Pittsburgh’s offense converted a game-winning touchdown three plays later with less than three minutes to play.
The Ravens will look to rebound this week as they prepare for a Monday night showdown on the road against the Houston Texans.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Ravens' Harbaugh rips angry fans

What a bitch.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,187 Times in 1,777 Posts

what ever happened to the "customer is always right" , motto ? calling out the fans is never a good idea no matter how wrong they actually are.the nfl is a money driven league, and the money come from the fans.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Harbaugh has let his emotions make an ass out of him the last few days. I think the tough losses he's suffered to the Steelers has made his hatred of us boil over. First, he took a poke at us in the pregame interview. Indirectly calling us a dirty team. Then, Hypocritically, his team has several dirty or illegal plays ( Ben's broken nose, the Heath hit, and Chesters drive at Harrison's knees on the extra Point), then after his players are fined he hypocritically says the hit on Miller was unintentional and unavoidable and shouldn't have been fined after he kisses the NFL's butt in his pregame interview and states how his team follows proper tackling proceedure. Then, he whines like a little bitch saying the Ravens gave the game away instead of giving any credit to his opponent. Now he lashes out at the fans who pay his salary. What a butthole. Hope this is the downfall of him.

The game between our 2 teams in October was very similar in the way it played out, just the opposite result. I don't remember Tomlin saying we gave the game away. Tomlin's response would have been much less emotional, along the lines of "there are 4 or 5 plays during a close game that decide the outcome and today the Ravens made those plays and we didn't make enough of them. Those guys over there play tough physical football and did the things neccessary to win tonight". Between Housh, Harbaugh, Ray Ray, Scott, Suggs, and their fans, etc. All I ever hear when the Ravens lose to us is excuses and whining. F them. They are not our equal on any level.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

He's a dickhead. Makes me glad to have Tomlin since Harbaugh's an immature whiner.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
what ever happened to the "customer is always right" , motto ? calling out the fans is never a good idea no matter how wrong they actually are.the nfl is a money driven league, and the money come from the fans.
Skippy called out the fans, look what happened to him...
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #7
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

This is what happens when a special teams coach is made into a head coach... They don't know how to handle the outside world...
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
This is what happens when a special teams coach is made into a head coach... They don't know how to handle the outside world...
And he is "special", isn't he?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
And he is "special", isn't he?
very "special"... I'm sure he didn't stop wearing diapers until he was in his 20's
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #10
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Discontent grows among Ravens fans
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_713121.html#
By The Baltimore Sun

Friday, December 10, 2010

Boy, things sure are getting testy in Ravens Nation.

First, you have fans howling that the Ravens' offense is too timid and unimaginative, a predictable reaction to that 13-10 loss to the Steelers on Sunday.

Now, John Harbaugh's getting ripped for calling out a fan on his weekly radio show, which somehow got interpreted as the Ravens coach taking a shot at all Ravens fans.

Is this a tough town or what?

OK, it's not New York, where they filet their NFL coaches in the tabloids every day. And it's not Philadelphia, where they'd boo a cure for cancer.

But Baltimore fans get a little wound up about their football, too, don't they?

Let's go over what happened Tuesday when Harbaugh and WBAL's Gerry Sandusky sat down to do the "The John Harbaugh Show."

From the outset, Harbaugh appeared to be a little more subdued than usual. On the other hand, if I coached the Ravens, I wouldn't be clapping people on the back and firing off one-liners after losing to the Steelers, either.

Then "Jim" called on his cell. "Jim" opened by saying that Harbaugh had remarked a few weeks earlier that rookie defensive tackle Terrence Cody wasn't getting off his blocks, wasn't getting his pads level and still runs around blocks. Then, "Jim" got to his point.

"Can you tell me why Clarence Brooks still has his job?" he demanded, referring to the Ravens' defensive line coach. "If, in five months, Terrence couldn't be taught these basics of defensive play?"

On the other end of the line, you could feel Harbaugh doing a slow burn.

"I'm not even going there with this guy," was his initial response.

And like a good soldier, Sandusky got rid of the caller and changed the subject.

But a minute later, it was clear Harbaugh was still steaming over "Jim's" remarks.

"I'm proud of this football team," Harbaugh said. "I'm proud of our defense. I'm proud of our offense. We will fight our tails off to be the best team we can be every single week. If that's not enough for you, find another team to cheer for. If you're not proud of this team, then you don't know football."

Personally, I didn't think what Harbaugh said was a big deal. The guy was just defending his assistant coach. Any NFL head coach worth his headset would have done the same thing. And, again, this was less than 48 hours after the bitter loss to the Steelers.

Are you kidding? A crazy-intense coach like Tom Coughlin of the Giants or Bill Belichick of the Patriots might have tracked "Jim" down and strangled him.

Nevertheless, Harbaugh's remarks went viral almost immediately. By Wednesday, he was getting killed on message boards and sports-talk shows.

The new spin: That Harbaugh, who does he think he is? Where does he get off dissing the fans? And telling them if they don't like it, go cheer for another team? What's he doing, getting all touchy because his offense stinks?

Uh-uh, says Harbaugh, who appeared surprised at the firestorm his remarks had created.

"I was directing my answer to the caller who suggested that one of the NFL's best assistant coaches — and that's not just our opinion — should be fired," he said Wednesday in a statement. "I fully understand that fans will not agree with everything we do. And they have every right to voice their opinion. My comment was directed at the one caller, and not all fans."

If you think about it, the idea of Harbaugh ripping the fans is ridiculous on the face of it. Here's a guy who always talks up Ravens fans to the media, going on and on about the "purple wall of noise" at home games and how much it helps his team.

At away games, he has been known to jog along the stands after a win to high-five Ravens fans and thank them for coming. Does that sound like a guy who's going to start dissing the fan base now?

No way.

"I've said over and over again how much we appreciate the fans, their passion, the energy they bring to training camp," he said. "I think we have the best fans."

This time, I don't think it was John Harbaugh who got a little touchy. No, this time it was Ravens fans.

It wasn't their finest moment.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote