Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,837 Times in 4,486 Posts
Default Steelers' Adams confident he'll play vs. Bengals

good news!

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_712864.html

Quote:
Heath Miller isn't quite sure if he will be cleared in time to play Sunday against the Bengals after suffering his first concussion, but right tackle Flozell Adams is very sure that he will be in the starting lineup. Miller said he's feeling fine after getting hit in the head by Baltimore's Jameel McClain but will wait until he makes a decision about playing against the Bengals. Adams left the game in the second half with what was called a mild high ankle sprain. He said yesterday that he will be in the starting lineup Sunday. "After I got treatment the past couple days, I know I'll be ready to go on Sunday," Adams said.

Not practicing for the Steelers yesterday were Miller, Adams, Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward and Aaron Smith.

Polamalu was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Cincinnati receiver Chad Ochocinco was held to one catch against the Steelers five weeks ago, leading to a plea to defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau afterward to cut him a break and don't double cover him. Ochocinco said he expects much of the same Sunday as he did during the first meeting. "We know what's going to happen," Ochocinco said. "When my time comes, it will come.'

You can just call new punter Jeremy Kapinos the traveling man. Kapinos said he has been to 12 workouts this season. "Week 1 through 7, I've been on the road, and actually I had one on a Thursday then one on a Friday in another state. I've been everywhere," Kapinos said. Indianapolis worked him out Week 8 and signed him for one game because Pat McAfee was suspended.

Kapinos practiced holding for kicker Shaun Suisham and is expected to take over those duties as well.

in another article i read miller said he doesnt remember the hit at all, and it didnt hurt. said it was just a part of football, however he will be real cautious.

i bet he doesnt play.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659
Default Re: Steelers' Adams confident he'll play vs. Bengals

Yeah, Miller will not play this weekend. He was out cold from that hit and I don't think he should risk his long term health to play the bungals. Spaeth isn't much of a blocker, but I think he's underrated as a receiver. The guy has great hands and he presents a big target and a matchup problem if you try to cover him with a safety.

Adams has been an excellent pickup for the Steelers. It was a no risk gamble on the Steelers part and it's paying off.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers' Adams is confident he'll play vs. Bengals

Banged-up Steelers savor first place, look ahead to Super goal
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_712864.html
By Jim Corbett, USA TODAY
Finishing is what this December, January and possibly early February is all about for coach Mike Tomlin's 9-3 Pittsburgh Steelers.

After securing a 13-10 fourth-quarter comeback win against the rival Baltimore Ravens to gain a one-game AFC North lead, safety Ryan Clark remembered the bitter feeling of winning on the final regular-season Sunday in overtime against the Miami Dolphins only to miss the playoffs at 9-7 one year after the Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII.

"Nobody likes to be home," Clark said. "I remember how hard it was to sit and watch the playoffs. We want to finish.

"Our first goal is to win the AFC North. That gives you the opportunity we want to be back in the playoffs."

Tomlin has pushed all the right buttons in getting his team to play through the league-high $125,000 in fines levied against linebacker James Harrison. The fines prompted safety Troy Polamalu, receiver Hines Ward and team president Art Rooney II to voice frustration, suggesting the league is targeting the Steelers' punishing defense in its enforcement against dangerous hits.

"Coach talked to us Thursday about being singularly focused on winning this football game, no more talking about fines or helmet-to-helmet hits or calling the NFLPA," Clark said.

Defensive end Brett Keisel said the team is intent on recapturing the mojo that helped it win Super Bowls in the 2005 and 2008 seasons.

"Last year was tough, missing the playoffs especially after winning the Super Bowl," Keisel said. "December is a good time to get rolling. That's what good teams do."

In a bid to avert a second late-season collapse, Tomlin kept his team in pads after the Steelers suffered a 39-26 loss to the Tom Brady-led New England Patriots on Nov. 14.

Two days later, Tomlin released veteran kicker Jeff Reed, who was 15-for-22 on field-goal attempts this season. That move put everyone on notice.

Despite mounting injury losses against the Ravens, the Steelers kept their poise even after Baltimore defensive tackle Haloti Ngata broke quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's nose early in the game.

They hung tough after they lost tight end Heath Miller to a third-quarter concussion, right tackle Flozell Adams to a high ankle sprain and punter Daniel Sepulveda, who suffered a season-ending torn right anterior cruciate ligament but continued to hold for kicker Shaun Suisham on two field goals.

"The thing that probably bothers me most when people talk about Mike (Tomlin) is they talk about him as a motivator, and he is," NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth said.

"We walked out of our production meetings, and I'm ready to play for Mike. He definitely has that characteristic. But this guy was one of the smartest defensive coordinators in the league. You talk to defensive players with the (Minnesota) Vikings, and they felt the way they stopped the run originated with Mike.

"The young, talented motivator Mike is, we lose track of the fact he had a long road coming up with a lot of coaches who influenced him (Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden). He's a sharp football guy, a smart guy. And he just happens to be the complete package with the motivational end of it, too."

The Steelers scored the final 10 points at windy M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday night because Polamalu and Roethlisberger found a way to make game-changing plays.

On a right foot so heavily encased in white trainer's tape it looked mummified, Roethlisberger completed 22 of 38 passes for 253 yards with a touchdown and an interception despite a previously broken bone in his right foot.

"If I can help the team win, I want to be out there," said Roethlisberger, whose winning touchdown pass to running back Isaac Redman with 2:51 left was set up by Polamalu's strip-sack of Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.

Roethlisberger fought through a near sack by linebacker Terrell Suggs, shrugging off Suggs to throw away an incompletion that preserved the opportunity to throw the touchdown pass to Redman two plays later.

Polamalu had swooped in unblocked on second-and-5 from the Baltimore 43 to force the fumble that linebacker LaMarr Woodley returned to the Ravens' 9-yard line, setting up Roethlisberger's winning touchdown.

"Troy's a great player," Tomlin said. "A lot of guys would go in and sack the quarterback. He sees the game a little differently.

"That's what makes him special.

"He got the ball out. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get the ball in the end zone. But our offense finished."

Finishing is what it's all about for a Tomlin-coached team playing three of its last four at home, starting Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals (2-10).

"We control our own destiny," Ward said. "That's all we can ask for."
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Collinsworth bothers me becasue on Inside the NFL last night, not one word about the tough and gritty Steelers. All he talked about, and Simms stupid ass as well, were that Baltimore would be kicking themselves for that loss. Basically Flacco made 2 big mistakes etc...BS, Tomlin is a motivator but this is a good team playing very hurt. That just seems to be getting swept under the rug because we are winning. Nobody's talking about how dangerous we will be when Aaron Smith comes back! BUT, i guess thats the way we like it. Keep us the under dogs and we win another SB!!!
austinfrench76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i hope adams plays and more importantly dosnt injure that sprain anymore then it already is. we really need adams down the stretch. he has played way better then i expected and as Essix as his backup ben wont make it a game without adams
Old 12-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

P-G reports Adams practiced on Thursday and is expected to play against Cincy

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10343/1109584-66.stm
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Steelboy84