Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-11-2006, 02:09 AM   #51
DiggetyDank
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2252
Default Re: Sometimes I dont understand Steelers fans!!!!!!!!!

Going back to what Coachspeak said - I'm baffled that you seem to think it's so urgent that we move a couple spots up or pull a Snyder in free agency. While there's players that we'd all like to see play for the Steelers, you can't dispute that the Steelers Organization's strategy works (Do I really need to say why?). As far as our drafting goes, are you kidding me? Ruthlessberger, Polamalu, Miller, Randle El, etc - we'll get who we want this year and THEY WILL kick ass.

Also, I think we need to remember that we've kept both of our coordinators, which is huge - two coordinators that again, just won a Super Bowl and baffled opponents with their schemes all season long.

Relax.
DiggetyDank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:33 AM   #52
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

Coach qwas just referring to how we moved up to get Troy and since we have extra draft picks why not trade some of the late rounders to move up and get someone like that gain. Which is not a bad idea since we do have alot of draft picks, but as i have said.. I dont see where we have an immediate need unless it is at LB in case they dont see a way we can keep Porter and haggens, Farrior, Foote together. I think we will take a LB in first and if there is a player they really want, they may do that. I just have no idea if that is direction they will go or not. I dont see a need to move up to get a WR or RB, so that is only thing i can see maybe if we really want Carpenter or Lawson and they are there in later part of first and a chance that another team may want them as well. Will be interesting and i am as excited as hell for the 29th to hurry up and get here !!!!!! WWOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOO
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:42 AM   #53
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,803 Posts

coach seems to think ,earlier pick = more talent.....but we all know thats not always the case. here's an example.....

Ward was selected 92nd overall in the 1998 draft. He was the last player taken on Day One of the draft. Kevin Dyson was the first receiver drafted that year; Randy Moss was second.

We know how Moss turned out. Dyson's career has been sabotaged by injuries; his brother Andre may cover Ward in Super Bowl XL. Other receivers drafted before Ward include Marcus Nash (also a first-round pick), Jerome Pathon, Jacquez Green, Patrick Johnson, Mikhael Ricks, Brian Alford, and E.G. Green.

Wide receiver Larry Shannon was drafted by the Dolphins 10 spots before Ward in the 1998 draft. Shannon averaged 21.4 yards per catch and scored nine touchdowns for East Carolina in 1996 before hurting his ankle in 1997. He never caught a pass in the NFL. Az Hakim was selected four spots after Ward.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #54
JoeyPorter#55
Water Boy

Member Number: 2186
Smile Re: Sometimes I dont understand Steelers fans!!!!!!!!!

Who doesn't understand Pittsburgh Steelers fans??? In case anyone gets any ideas, they better know they are talking about the fans of the WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!

If anything, the Cleveland Browns have the WORST fans I have ever seen! From them pelting Dwayne Rudd for his famous mother in' helmet toss to Timothy Scott Couch getting CHEERED by Browns fans when he got hurt four years ago, they are the WORST!

I'm going to go out on a limb here: I'll take my high school alma mater's fans over the Browns fans any freakin' day of the freakin' week! That is my decision and I would do it again.

STEELERS FANS ARE THE BEST!!!!! ALL OTHERS ARE IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR!!!!!
JoeyPorter#55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #55
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPorter#55
Who doesn't understand Pittsburgh Steelers fans??? In case anyone gets any ideas, they better know they are talking about the fans of the WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!

If anything, the Cleveland Browns have the WORST fans I have ever seen! From them pelting Dwayne Rudd for his famous mother in' helmet toss to Timothy Scott Couch getting CHEERED by Browns fans when he got hurt four years ago, they are the WORST!

I'm going to go out on a limb here: I'll take my high school alma mater's fans over the Browns fans any freakin' day of the freakin' week! That is my decision and I would do it again.

STEELERS FANS ARE THE BEST!!!!! ALL OTHERS ARE IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR!!!!!
cleveland the worst fans???
Why because they thro beer bottles annually at atleast one game? I agree they are the worst. Although like all fans, a few bad apples ruin it for everyone! The are just more bad apples there then most cities. I know JDawg wont like this, but living hereI see them everyday
Old 04-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #56
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
cleveland the worst fans???
Why because they thro beer bottles annually at atleast one game? I agree they are the worst. Although like all fans, a few bad apples ruin it for everyone! The are just more bad apples there then most cities. I know JDawg wont like this, but living hereI see them everyday
have you gone to a raiders game?

i did.

it's downright scary..
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #57
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Many of you should read my original post on this thread.... I am a Steelers fan... lifelong... I hate the Browns and I live twenty minutes from Cleve unfortunately.... I dont like spending on FA's.... I dont think that when all teams draft early they automatically get good players... I am saying the Steelers rarely miss on guys selected at least near the middle of round 1... I started the thread to point out that now is not the time to rest on your laurels and spend all our time looking at our reflection in the Lombardi Trophy...

It is beyond me how anybody could read my first post and think I want to go out and get FA's.... that could not be more wrong...

Thanks for the assistance midnight writer... You might be right about the LB pick... I addressed that issue a bit the draft thread...

Be interested in your answer to this question.....
What is scarier....
Losing Hines or Wilson- Thus being forced to play Morgan, Washington, Baker, or Young
as our #2 and 3 receivers???
OR
Losing a LB - And being forced to play Harrison, Frazier, Kriewaldt, or Wallace???
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #58
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
have you gone to a raiders game?

i did.

it's downright scary..
No I havent , but I can imagine. Actually I will be in LA for the first time in June, for two weeks.

The browns fans have been documented as being near the bottom though. Part of the problem is the dawg pound, it was always the party area, no problem with that, then they had a reputation and evetone tries to carry on that rowdy rep, and they do get a little carried away.
I live 40 mile east of cleveland, originally from the Burgh. I have frindes here that our orange and brown die hards, I ve been told many times that they go to Pittsburgh for the games and have a blast, they get ball busted but get treated pretty good. You cant say the same when I go to cleveland. Its bad, but I love it anyway
Old 04-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #59
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

i have charger friends out here who said i was crazy to go to oakland to watch the game. one friend told me about a chargers fan who got stabbed there. i guess it all depends on where you sit and the people around you. i sat on the visitors side with the browns backers... strength in numbers hehehe... this year i'm going to san d with my charger friends and siting on the home side. i'm sure i'll get ridiculed, but if you're in their home, you should expect nothing less. it sucks when you get the drunkards who wanna throw down. all my browns friends are always cool with the opponents fans. when it comes down to it, we're football fans, not soccer fans!!

i used to work at the jake back in cleveland and i remember this one time a group of drunk indians fans were swearing at this couple wearing their mariners jackets. a bunch of people, including myself, walked up to them and apologized for their actions. the guy said "there's always a few bad apples." you have to admit, there's some bad apples in the 'burgh too....
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #60
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
you have to admit, there's some bad apples in the 'burgh too....
No doubt. There is the occasional heckler, which should be expected at every stadium in the NFL, specially if your wearing a Browns, Ravens or Bengals jersey. But I don't recall stabbings, bottle throwing, battery throwing, shootings or beat downs which do and have occured in many other stadiums in the NFL.