Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 04-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #61
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Sometimes I dont understand Steelers fans!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
i have charger friends out here who said i was crazy to go to oakland to watch the game. one friend told me about a chargers fan who got stabbed there. i guess it all depends on where you sit and the people around you. i sat on the visitors side with the browns backers... strength in numbers hehehe... this year i'm going to san d with my charger friends and siting on the home side. i'm sure i'll get ridiculed, but if you're in their home, you should expect nothing less. it sucks when you get the drunkards who wanna throw down. all my browns friends are always cool with the opponents fans. when it comes down to it, we're football fans, not soccer fans!!

i used to work at the jake back in cleveland and i remember this one time a group of drunk indians fans were swearing at this couple wearing their mariners jackets. a bunch of people, including myself, walked up to them and apologized for their actions. the guy said "there's always a few bad apples." you have to admit, there's some bad apples in the 'burgh too....
A few yes, of course, but in cleveland the majority at times, takes over, I think they are so tired of losing that they just get off on abusing more than winning. Of course not everyone. And the crowds are so much different nowadays, to many yuppies. As far as Indians fans abusing the Mariners, baseball smack is just lame anyway.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #62
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

i just feel that wew have let go better draft day talent than most teams will pick. they will be picking up our scraps.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #63
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
A few yes, of course, but in cleveland the majority at times, takes over, I think they are so tired of losing that they just get off on abusing more than winning. Of course not everyone. And the crowds are so much different nowadays, to many yuppies. As far as Indians fans abusing the Mariners, baseball smack is just lame anyway.

how is baseball smack lame, I myself just love watching Yanks fans and BoSox fans go at it, those teams HATE each other and it is so bad they throw just about anything at each other
Old 04-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #64
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Of course not everyone. And the crowds are so much different nowadays, to many yuppies.
tell me about it!! you know that when they built the new cleveland browns stadium they weren't going to have hot water in the general admission bathrooms! they said it wasn't in the budget. it's in the budget to build three times as many suites with hot water. during a world series game at the jake a foolio came up to me and asked if he could receive a fax somewhere in the ballpark!
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #65
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

lol @ a fax in ballbark... good lord. Since the NYSE said that business's can no longer take clients to strip joints, i guess the ball park will become the new place to do business. <--shakes head
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:16 PM   #66
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Steeler
how is baseball smack lame, I myself just love watching Yanks fans and BoSox fans go at it, those teams HATE each other and it is so bad they throw just about anything at each other
That is the one exception. Is that really baseball anyway! LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #67
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
tell me about it!! you know that when they built the new cleveland browns stadium they weren't going to have hot water in the general admission bathrooms! they said it wasn't in the budget. it's in the budget to build three times as many suites with hot water. during a world series game at the jake a foolio came up to me and asked if he could receive a fax somewhere in the ballpark!
Yes its everywhere! Hell even ball games at the jake have at least 100+ still in their suits and ties, YAWN Boring
Old 04-13-2006, 02:02 AM   #68
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Coachspeak33,

First off: Very well written and thought out post. The success of this post alone is expressed in the number of replies and the dialogue that has since ensued. Thank you (I am being sincere) for your thoughts.

But, I do disagree. I believe, IMO, that the FO is looking at taking a larger number of players and "culling" so to speak to get the better/higher quality players. Sometimes the staff does things that I really do not understand. But that is part of our culture as being part of this wonderfully exciting yet entirely dynamic sport.

I have heard that "A love is not true until that love is unconditional."

Perhaps the same can be said for our fanbase. That the support must be unconditional.

Do I always agree with decisions? Not at all. But I still support them. I do not look to Bill Cowher to give me advice on my performance or decision-making in the military (my occupation), nor do I offer him advice on coaching (except when I yell at the television for playing the "soft defense"....I do despise that). He is a HIGHLY paid, and successful professional. That is his job. I do not know enough to coach a professional football team. Nor, for example, do Bill's skill sets encompass the operation and instruction of a MK-44 weapons system (7.62mm, tripod mounted, 6-barrel gatling gun with a firing rate of 3,000 rounds per minute............a devastating toy of mine ).

I did enjoy your post though. It caused me to think, and it offered options to consider. But....I'm gonna leave that particular part of the business to the staff.

Once again, thank you for the intriguing article.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:24 AM   #69
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

[QUOTE=SteelShooter

Do I always agree with decisions? Not at all. But I still support them. I do not look to Bill Cowher to give me advice on my performance or decision-making in the military (my occupation), nor do I offer him advice on coaching (except when I yell at the television for playing the "soft defense"....I do despise that). He is a HIGHLY paid, and successful professional. That is his job. I do not know enough to coach a professional football team. Nor, for example, do Bill's skill sets encompass the operation and instruction of a MK-44 weapons system (7.62mm, tripod mounted, 6-barrel gatling gun with a firing rate of 3,000 rounds per minute............a devastating toy of mine ).

I did enjoy your post though. It caused me to think, and it offered options to consider. But....I'm gonna leave that particular part of the business to the staff.

Once again, thank you for the intriguing article.[/QUOTE]
Well said, and it is always easy as a fan to disagree with a bad descision. After the play.