Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,642 Times in 4,008 Posts
Default scheduling conspiracy against the pats

no write off wins by scheduling florida teams to play in foxboro in december.

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 10 Buffalo 1:00pm
Sep 17 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm
Sep 24 Denver 8:15pm
Oct 1 @Cincinnati 4:15pm
Oct 8 Miami 1:00pm
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Buffalo 1:00pm
Oct 30 @Minnesota 8:30pm
Nov 5 Indianapolis 8:15pm
Nov 12 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Nov 19 @Green Bay 1:00pm
Nov 26 Chicago 1:00pm
Dec 3 Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 10 @Miami 1:00pm
Dec 17 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
Dec 31 @Tennessee 1:00pm
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: scheduling conspiracy against the pats

They still play Detroit and Houston at home in December.

Maybe Belichick will have someone trained to boot another drop-kick by then.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Its nice to get Denver at home.

The Colts must be sick to death of travelling to Foxboro - though of course we owe them a beating after they had the temerity to win at the Razor last year.

Looking at the way the fixtures pan out - I would say 12-4 would be a par for the course record.

Only 1 of the last 8 games looks seriously dangerous (@Miami) which should see us with momentum entering the playoffs.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
tony hipchest

thats one of the easiest road schedules i have ever seen for an established team like the patriots. miami might be the only threat. jax and cinci at home should scare only the bottom 5-10 teams in the league. jax has no fans and (im sure the stadium will be pretty packed when the steelers come to town) the steelers proved the bengals are easilly beatable at home last year.

going by last years trend thay face very few top 15 qb's so they should be able to win without addressing their secondary any further. p. manning, and j. plummer, and maybe culpepper will be the only top qb's they face. lucky for them. their greatest weakness will be masked once again.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 04-06-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
thats one of the easiest road schedules i have ever seen for an established team like the patriots. miami might be the only threat. jax and cinci at home should scare only the bottom 5-10 teams in the league. jax has no fans and (im sure the stadium will be pretty packed when the steelers come to town) the steelers proved the bengals are easilly beatable at home last year.

going by last years trend thay face very few top 15 qb's so they should be able to win without addressing their secondary any further. p. manning, and j. plummer, and maybe culpepper will be the only top qb's they face. lucky for them. their greatest weakness will be masked once again.
I think you will find that the secondary was ravaged by injuries last year - Wilson, our starting safety had no fewer than 8 different starters opposite him at the other safety position.

That tends to translate to a weakness.

Lets hope the Steelers have addressed their glaring own weakness from last year - all that crying about losing Ben for a few games should have nudged management into a rethink.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

*yawns*
Old 04-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #7
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I think you will find that the secondary was ravaged by injuries last year - Wilson, our starting safety had no fewer than 8 different starters opposite him at the other safety position.
so? injuries to ty law the year before that didnt seem to be any problem now did it. has the loss of coaches caught up?

That tends to translate to a weakness.
did i not say their secondary was a weakness? are you not glad your team faces some piss poor qb's next season, or are you the type who quivers in his boots at the thought of facing jp losman or m. leinart twice a year?

Lets hope the Steelers have addressed their glaring own weakness from last year - all that crying about losing Ben for a few games should have nudged management into a rethink.
lets hope tom brady doesnt suffer the same fate ben did last year. the steelers have cut maddox and elevated batch. what have the pats done?

NM
my initial point still stands....the pats have one of theeasiest road schedules ever.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #8
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
*yawns*
I agree...(lol).

The Patriots aren't going to be any good this year.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #9
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

what a lame schedule....
Old 04-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
my initial point still stands....the pats have one of theeasiest road schedules ever.
Yes it is indeed an relatively easy schedule on paper.

Losing Ty Law is simply not comparable to losing 8/9 DB's to injury at the different points of the season.

It wasn't just the sheer weight of injuries, but also some of the personnel we lost were very important in terms of leadership and organisation - Rodney Harrison in particular.

My point was that if you take away 8 or 9 players from ANY part of a teams roster it becomes a weakness - if we can can keep a few more players fit to play then this area stops being a weakness for us straight away.

In terms of back-up QB's the Pats have a very nice young player in Matt Cassell - I love what I saw of him playing with the 2nd team Offense against a motivated Miami 1st team defense. (I know you recall this game with great clarity as you normally find an opening to quote the drop kick XP at least once a week).

I imagine that he will be a starter for some team in the next 3/4 years - its tough being behind the best QB in football in the team depth chart.

NM