Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Chadmagic
Banned

Member Number: 17433
Default Right now we are #2 in the AFC!

NE improves to 11-2 and we are next in line at 10-3 as the Jets just lost to Miami and are 9-4. We play them next week and it'll be a great time to add some distance between us. Unfortunately the Pats are technically a game and a half ahead of us because of our loss to them. So even if they drop a game and they would still be the #1 seed going into the playoffs.

I'm getting excited by this as the #2 seed would still get a first round bye in the playoffs and a home game!
Chadmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default #2 Seed most likely for Steelers

The #1 seed is all but gone with the Pats win and Jets loss today. It would take 2 NE losses and winning all 3 remaining games for the Steelers. # 2 seed and the all important bye is very likely. If the Steelers win any 2 of their remaining 3 games, they will take the #2 seed even if Baltimore wins out.

If we lose 2 or our last 3, a # 2 seed is possible. But at that point there are a lot of scenarios where we could find ourselves anywhere from 2-6.

If we lose all 3 we can still be eliminated.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,515 Times in 3,134 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Right now we are #2 in the AFC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmagic View Post
NE improves to 11-2 and we are next in line at 10-3 as the Jets just lost to Miami and are 9-4. We play them next week and it'll be a great time to add some distance between us. Unfortunately the Pats are technically a game and a half ahead of us because of our loss to them. So even if they drop a game and they would still be the #1 seed going into the playoffs.

I'm getting excited by this as the #2 seed would still get a first round bye in the playoffs and a home game!
we only gotta worry about the ravens catching up with us record wise for the #2 seed. we have a 2 game lead on the other division leaders (KC and Jaguars) so I wouldn't be too worried about them. We gotta hope baltimore loses tomorrow night.

jets can't get the #2 seed if new england is the division winner, best they can hope for, even if they finish with a better record than us is the #4 seed
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Default Re: #2 Seed most likely for Steelers

hope for a baltimore loss so we have room to rest starters in the final game. biggest worry I have with this team is we're banged up big time. in order to have a CHANCE against NE, we will need to get healthy.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

I actually hope we get the third seed. I don't want to see the Patriots* in the playoffs.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
hope for a baltimore loss so we have room to rest starters in the final game. biggest worry I have with this team is we're banged up big time. in order to have a CHANCE against NE, we will need to get healthy.
agreed. But if we win the next 2, we will get the luxury to rest our starters no matter what Baltimore does. We would also earn the bye. So, with the Thursday night game being on Dec 23rd, we could rest any banged up starters until the divisional round on January 16th. A 3 1/2 week break would be nice for some of the older veterans.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughsticks87 View Post
I actually hope we get the third seed. I don't want to see the Patriots* in the playoffs.
well if we're making a trip to the super bowl, a showdown with them is inevitable. #2 or #3 seed doesn't matter, we're going to have to play them again.

i don't see them losing to anyone else in the afc. this steelers team may have a shot if we can avoid injuries and get healthy with a strong finish to this season, if we are able to rest starters in the last game and get a 1st round bye.

as much as i hate our chances at gillette stadium, i want to see the game there. I'm still sour over how they celebrated on our field after they beat us in the afc championship game years back. there's nothing more I'd like that to return the favor, on their field.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #8
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
well if we're making a trip to the super bowl, a showdown with them is inevitable. #2 or #3 seed doesn't matter, we're going to have to play them again.

i don't see them losing to anyone else in the afc. this steelers team may have a shot if we can avoid injuries and get healthy with a strong finish to this season, if we are able to rest starters in the last game and get a 1st round bye.

as much as i hate our chances at gillette stadium, i want to see the game there. I'm still sour over how they celebrated on our field after they beat us in the afc championship game years back. there's nothing more I'd like that to return the favor, on their field.
I'm sure there will be a lot of Steeler fans there anyways

I hope a Steeler breaks Brady's back... Unless Ben becomes a touchdown machine, beating the Patriots with Brady on the field is next to impossible right now for any team in the NFL.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
agreed. But if we win the next 2, we will get the luxury to rest our starters no matter what Baltimore does. We would also earn the bye. So, with the Thursday night game being on Dec 23rd, we could rest any banged up starters until the divisional round on January 16th. A 3 1/2 week break would be nice for some of the older veterans.
yep would be nice. if baltimore loses the next game we may have to only win 1 more in order to get the #2 seed. the best the jagoffs or chiefs can finish at this point is 11-5, *if* they run the table.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

Quote:

At the very least, ,maybe another teams possibly takes them out or Brady tears his ACL or something.