Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Top Pick for the next draft!!!

Might as well start this now while I'm thinking about it....

First Round Pick:
Jimmy Smith CB Colorado 6'2" 205lbs 4.49-40 Unless we crap out we will not have a shot at Prince Amukamara from Nebraska!
(IF not available: Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin 6'7" 327)

Second Round Pick
Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin 6'7" 327lbs 5.12-40 If you have been watching college football this year, the Badgers are jus mauling people over at the line and this guy is the main contriuter to all those rushing yards!
(IF not: Marcus Cannon OT TCU 6'5" 350 lbs)

Third Round Pick
Stephen Schilling OG Michigan 6'5" 308ilbs 5.14-40 We need pass protection and Michigan has been doing it very well. (Don't want to talk about the d- this year )
(IF not: Titus Young WR Boise State 5'11" 170 ibs(Hines Ward's eventual replacement))

Fourth Round Pick
Marcus Gilbert OT Florida 6'5" 320 lbs 5.23-40 I know we all want Mike Pouncey to help in the middle but I don't see Flozell staying after this season.
(IF not: Virgil Green TE Nevada 6'4" 242 lbs. ((I know its a reach but he is big, fast and has nice hands! Bye Bye Spaeth))

Fifth Round Pick
Owen Marecic FB Stanford 6'1" 245 lbs 4.78-40 Damn it I want a FB that can open a hole and help block for the QB on blitzes, and this is the guy.
(IF not: Zach Hurd OG Connecticut 6'7" 325 lbs)

Sixth Round Pick
Chris Conte FS California 6'3" 212 lbs 4.54-40 We need help in the secondary and this fills a need.
(IF not: Alex Wujciak ILB Maryland 6'3" 250 lbs)

Seventh Round Pick
Alex Henery K Nebraska 6'2" 175 lbs We need a kicker....

As you can see these are all seniors and I know once the underclassmen declare this will change so take that into concideration... Have at it!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Top Pick for the next draft!!!

if we sign Colon and move him to guard then draft a good left tackel in round 1 or 2 we will be set with a great line. a cb is also a necessity especially if we dont resign Taylor. a NT is also an important position because Hampton and Hoke are both getting very old
Old 11-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
if we sign Colon and move him to guard then draft a good left tackel in round 1 or 2 we will be set with a great line. a cb is also a necessity especially if we dont resign Taylor. a NT is also an important position because Hampton and Hoke are both getting very old
That's why Hood was drafted... but it doesn't look like he's going to be a NT
Old 11-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
SaskSteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9243

Why would we move colon to guard? He is one of the best right tackles in the league.
SaskSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskSteeler View Post
Why would we move colon to guard? He is one of the best right tackles in the league.
Agreed. I'm in favor of going D-Line in the first round personally. Maybe Marvin Austin falls into the middle to late first round range.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
That's why Hood was drafted... but it doesn't look like he's going to be a NT
I don't believe Hood was ever expected to play NT regularly... only in a pinch, or in 3rd and long situations. He was drafted to eventually replace Smith at DE.

Typically, a NT in a 3-4 is a mountian. Usually pushing 330. If Cody wasn't such a slob, we probably would have considered him for NT last year.

The usual process for positioning college players is to take "the mountain" to play NT. Move a quicker tackle to DE. Then move the more athletic DE to OLB.

That said, you have some nice picks there. Carimi would be a nice pickup, but the way of the LT historically in drafts tells me he'll probably move up and out of our range.

A FB would also be a nice commodity, but unless we fire Arians... there's probably zero chance of that ever happening.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

For early picks, based on us never getting a shot at a highly graded LT, I am also looking at CB (Jimmy Smith ), ILB (Quan Sturdivant), and OG (Rodney Hudson)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Assuming that Dwyer works out we're pretty much set at RB with Mendy,Redman, and Dwyer. They can always look into undrafted RB's for insurance or resign Moore. At WR we should be set w/ Wallace,Sanders, Brown, and Ward. I would like too see Sweed pan out because I hate to see another draft pick bust and having a 6'4-5 wr is never a bad commodity (I know wishful thinking). The common thought process around here is the need of a CB, but I really want too see major upgrades to the interior of our offensive line and start grooming Hamptons replacement. I would like too see us focus our high end picks on the BPA for both lines. If Mike Pouncey is anywhere near the player at guard that his brother is at center grab him and laugh all the way too the bank. I'm sure his stock has fallen a bit since moving to center so he could end up being a steal.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
MDSteel15
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Assuming that Dwyer works out we're pretty much set at RB with Mendy,Redman, and Dwyer. They can always look into undrafted RB's for insurance or resign Moore. At WR we should be set w/ Wallace,Sanders, Brown, and Ward. I would like too see Sweed pan out because I hate to see another draft pick bust and having a 6'4-5 wr is never a bad commodity (I know wishful thinking). The common thought process around here is the need of a CB, but I really want too see major upgrades to the interior of our offensive line and start grooming Hamptons replacement. I would like too see us focus our high end picks on the BPA for both lines. If Mike Pouncey is anywhere near the player at guard that his brother is at center grab him and laugh all the way too the bank. I'm sure his stock has fallen a bit since moving to center so he could end up being a steal.
None of those are FULLBACKS!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #10
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
None of those are FULLBACKS!
I've completely given up on wishing for a true fullback anytime in the near future for the Steelers. It's the whole wish in one hand, piss in the other and see which one fills up first.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote