Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Not even the snow stops NE

NE just seems to get better and better despite the weather or the opponent. For the last two weeks, NE has just crushed two good teams. What makes it especially alarming, both the Jets and Bears have great defenses. Brady and Company with its midget receiving corp, old man branch and rookie TE's are ripping up the secondaries. It's almost getting embarrassing.

Today's game was over at the half. 33-0. Against the bears. The surprise last week against the Jets was the 40 points scored. That game too was over at the half.

Perhaps, Belichek's spy films are now in 3D, because no one can stop NE at this point. This is especially worrisome because the road to SB 45 goes through Foxboro.

I am of the opinion that Le Beau did not show his cards against NE earlier in the year. He held back his blitzes and more complicated stunts to use in the playoffs. At least that is what I hope. If not, the Steelers had better hope that NE's peak runs out soon.

I'm not counting the Steelers out. NE has an anemic defense. The Steelers have an even worse offense. The offense has only managed to score touchdown against the Bengals and the Bills. If the Steelers can't fix the O, it looks like Atlanta NE in SB 45. The Steelers should be in the AFC title game. It will be a good game to watch.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Not even the snow stops NE

In the past 5 weeks, the Patriots have manhandled 4 of the better teams in the NFL. Defensively and offensively. But success can only last so long, you'd think at some point a team is going to figure out what they are doing and stop it... Giants eventually did it a couple years ago in the superbowl.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

I don't believe that LeBeau didn't show his cards when we played NE. Do you think he wanted to lose? Dick and the rest of the team knew that was a big game and they really wanted that win. Only problem was they walked out on the field looking like live living zombies who didn't give a crap.
As much as i hate to say this, the Pats are just a much better team than ours and coached second to none. As good as our D is, we would have to play both the defensive game of a lifetime and stop Brady and his BS short passes and our offense would have to play its game of the year too. I'm not sure this team is capable of that right now, especially on the offensive side, there are just too many injuries. I'd like to see it happen, but i just don't know.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
In the past 5 weeks, the Patriots have manhandled 4 of the better teams in the NFL. Defensively and offensively. But success can only last so long, you'd think at some point a team is going to figure out what they are doing and stop it... Giants eventually did it a couple years ago in the superbowl.
I've watched a bunch of their games and i think its obvious. 2 things. Big-time heavy pressure on Brady and STOP that short pass inside and outside of Brady's. Thats how you do it.
Problem is, how DO you do it. You blitz everybody, he throws that short pass even more and quickly. You don't blitz and he has all day back there and picks your secondary apart like a surgeon. Tough one.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387

I say fire Arians now and hire Mangini from the Browns.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
I've watched a bunch of their games and i think its obvious. 2 things. Big-time heavy pressure on Brady and STOP that short pass inside and outside of Brady's. Thats how you do it.
Problem is, how DO you do it. You blitz everybody, he throws that short pass even more and quickly. You don't blitz and he has all day back there and picks your secondary apart like a surgeon. Tough one.
A team needs pure pass rushers. A team has to be able to get preasure on Brady with only 4 guys rushing and also manhandle his recievers at the line of scrimage. The problem with that is teams usually use safteys and linebackers to help bump recievers but because the Patriots now have 3 very good tightends, linebackers and safteys have to worry more about them in the middle than the recievers. The offensive scheme is very good in general but because it has A+ talent at each position, its pretty unstoppable unless it goes up against a team with talent and playcalling.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

I'm hoping that they are peaking too early
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

I hate, hate, hate Brady and Belicheat. Maybe if I hate them enough they will slip up and lose their first game in the playoffs. Or perhaps it will be the Ravens and they will knock Brady into next week. Of course, we can't touch him but they can use Ben like a punching bag. I suppose that will continue into the playoffs. There is no way to win if the Steelers don't quit getting holding calls at the worst possible time on drives all the time. I was hoping the Bears and Packers would both beat them but the Bears were horrid and the Packers aren't looking that good lately.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts

well go figure, they're also a cold weather team.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

In all honesty, it's scary what they are doing right now, and to very good teams....Brady is MVP, don't matter who has out there to throw the ball to, he's just $$$...Hopin' for a miracle that they are somehow knocked out of it before we might see them again in the playoffs.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote