Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
NEWstevo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15010
Default Ward, T.O., and Moss

Hines Ward (34), Terrell Owens (37), and Randy Moss (33)… all three vets will be Hall of Famers some day, but each has their own style. And to be honest, right now Ward is the best one of the three.

I’m too tired to look up stats to back up my opinion so I’ll just go by what I see on game days:

Hines Ward is 34 but still gives 100% every play. He makes big plays, small plays, AND he contributes even when he makes no plays. He is a team leader, a mentor to the younger guys, and always a positive player in the locker room. He won’t always make over 100 yards but he is easily the most physical of the three (even has a rule named after him). Oh, and he has personally changed the way receivers play the game. Plus has things the other two don't have... Super Bowl rings and a SB MVP.

Terrell Owens is 37 and is the epitome of the “me-first” video game players that spend just as much time smiling for cameras as they do playing the actual game. But I will always cut him slack because he gives 110%, 24 hours a day. At San Francisco he would always be the first one on the field and the last one to leave. One hot summer practice… when the other teammates were dead tired after practice, T.O. took off the pads and ran laps followed by a militant amount of push-ups and sit-ups (have you seen his abs?). He comes with some baggage, but even on a 2-11 team, he is giving his best. When it comes to playing the game, he is definitely the man you want on your team.

Randy Moss is 33, and he makes every other receiver around him better. And he probably will catch everything throw his way (even the bad ones). But he comes with more baggage than Ruth DeWitt Bukater (the snooty mom from the movie Titanic): he complains a lot, gives up on plays that don’t involve him, has even quit before a game ended, throws temper tantrums, and has a whole Wikipedia page devoted to his controversies. This year no one wants him and he is not helping his team(s) win. The youngest of the three and he has already stopped contributing.

Though the years, while T.O. and Moss were lighting up the stat boards, few people outside of Pittsburgh would put Ward up there with those two. But now at the end of their careers, we all see the players for what they REALLY are. And it is obvious that Hines Ward is as deserving a HOF vote as Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

He would get my single vote (if I had one).
NEWstevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,452 Times in 3,111 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Ward, T.O., and Moss

ward is the very definition of what a football player should be. definitely will be in the HOF someday. if not, well, something's wrong with the voting system.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
ktm5411
Water Boy

Member Number: 10460

If I'm not mistaking, Ward's also has 2 more rings that the other 2 combined.
ktm5411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

the casual, know-nothing football fan would dismiss this and say "man, you don't know what you're talking about, Randy Moss is the best, blah, blah, blah" (with no facts to back anything up...).
But you are right. If you take everything into account.....the hands, the routes, the blocking (can you imagine how many points he's got us with insanely good and timely blocks?), the consistency, the leadership, the class...
There's no question about it. Hines is the best of the 3 hands down. Plus, if i'm not mistaken, he has some PRETTY good all-time stats racked up as well.

I wouldn't even want T.O. on my team.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #5
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

I love PItt, but lets be real, Ward is the least talented of the 3 and will make the HoF last of them. The other 2 are 1st or 2nd ballot, and it's going to take Hines longer to get in because he's statistically inferior. Shoot, Moss could be in contention for GOAT if you look at his stats. . . and T.O. isn't far behind. .

I'm not saying that i'd take either of the other 2 to be a Steelers before him, because I wouldn't. . . but in terms of the Hall as well as the view from the casual fan, the other 2 are superior.
dez09231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Look, Moss IS the most gifted of the 3, TO is the biggest mouth and Hines has the biggest heart! Always take heart on my team any day...
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
Steeldude
Living Legend

ward = hard working, blue collar football player

owens = overrated punk with poor to average hands

moss = prima donna who tries only when he feels like it
Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

As Cuba Gooding Jr. said in Jerry Maguire: "I'M ALL ABOUT HEART MOTHERF***ER!"

And so is Hines Ward. And in a league where heart is SUPPOSED to count for something - guys like Bobby Layne made it into the HOF because though they might not have been the most talented players, they played balls to the wall - Ward should have no problem making it in. Though I worry that this "Dirtiest Player in the NFL" smear campaign that Ratbirds and Bungles fans have concocted might hurt his chances.

TO and Moss, in contrast, might have tarnished their legacy with all of the problems they've caused (or are perceived to have caused) their respective teams. They still have the ridiculous stats, but they've also been stuck with the "baggage" label, and when you have multiple teams saying "no thanks" to signing you even when your skillset would be a major asset... that should not be ignored.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
Steeldude
Living Legend

i would say owens is he least talented. i wonder what ward's stats would have been if they threw to him as much as owens was thrown to.

i like how once again owens bailed out of a pass because he thought he was going to be hit.

i'll take ward over both of them every time.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #10
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

I wouldnt even mention Hines in the same sentence with T.O. ....Crap it looks like i just did....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote