Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092
Default Polamalu wins afc defense player of the week

Polamalu was honored for the second straight week, this time for his performance in the Steelers 23-7 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.

Polamalu got the Steelers on the board when he intercepted his former college roommate Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, and returned it 45 yards for a touchdown to tie the game at 7-7 in the second quarter.

“Troy had a tremendous break on the play,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “Whether or not he was baiting Carson is debatable. It was a route that he was familiar with. I think TO (Terrell Owens) was the intended receiver, and may have tripped or stumbled coming out of his break. I think that provided the necessary grass that Troy needed to come down hill on the ball and make the play. But no question, Troy was in great position and he had a great break on the ball.”

As has been the case over the last month Polamalu also helped to seal the win with another big play when he intercepted Palmer at the goal line as the Bengals were driving late in the game, returning it to the 12-yard line.
This is the fifth time Polamalu has won the Player of the Week award in eight seasons and the second time this season. He won the award last week for his performance against the Baltimore Ravens. He is the third Steelers defender to win the award this year, joining James Harrison (week one) and Lawrence Timmons (week six).

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092
Default Re: Polamalu wins afc defense player of the week

I hope he wins defense player of the year I cant see why not Clay.M has done nothing for the last couple of weeks

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177
Default Re: Polamalu wins afc defense player of the week

I know Polamalu won't win MVP, since they always give that award to a quarterback, but he had damn well better win Defensive Player of the Year. He's been more impressive than Revis, Reed and almost all of the other guys who are always in the conversation. Clay Matthews might be his only competition, but I think he was out of a couple of games and if the Packers end up missing the playoffs altogether, then I think the award should definitely go to Troy.

Of course , I wouldn't complain if someone named Harrison, Woodley or Timmons snatched it up either.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote