Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #21
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Rivers "Predictions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
Thank you! Finally someone actually thinking before they post.
Three years of discussion and thought is not enough, eh?

By the way, there was one guy who thought that Rivers would be the next Dan Fouts...unfortunately, he was also convinced that Drew Henson was the next Tom Brady...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I'm still trying to figure out how somebody can be considered a bust when they haven't even played a full season?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #23
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

I'm obviously "projecting" him to be a bust. All in all, I could really care less, since the important thing was that we didn't draft him.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #24
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I'm obviously "projecting" him to be a bust. All in all, I could really care less, since the important thing was that we didn't draft him.
No, I wasn't meaning you. Projecting him to be a bust and already stating he is a bust are two different issues. One can be debated and other remains to be seen.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #25
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Rivers is gonna be great, he was picked ahead of BIG BEN!!!!! remember?????

Hey BBFW Chargers fans forget Big Ben made it to the AFC Championship Game in his rookie year then won the Super Bowl the next year. I guess the higher pick sometimes doesn't always payoff.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:22 AM   #26
chargerboy
Water Boy

Member Number: 2237

The steelers were lucky to beat us last year so get over your team please
chargerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:55 AM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,920 Times in 1,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
Thanks, Suit, for completely ignoring the point of this post to make it into your own person Rivers bashing thread. Just like you seem to do every time PR is mentioned.

I like how you know 100% certain he will be a bust before him ever having a good amount on consistant playing time. There is almost nothing on Rivers that can prove him to be a bust unless you think that playing bad in college makes you bad in the NFL (ala Ryan Leaf). I'm not saying he will be a god, but with any information we DO have it would suggest he wouldn't be a bust. Unless you want to make up random bullcrap to make your bust theory seem valid.
hmmmm.....interesting....just a few months ago,you weren't too high on rivers taking over.....remember this???

My Rant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, since the people at most Chargers boards seem to think that Aj Smith is a genious and all, I can't really get an honest opinion, so maybe I can get it from Steeler fans. Here's what I posted at a Chargers board:

Quote:
Is it just me, or is Aj always looking WAY to far into the future. With the way he handles things, it doesn't really look like the Chargers will ever be fully re-built SB caliber team before Tomlinson retires. Last year we were SO close. So what does Aj do? Refuses to sign one of the biggest peices of the puzzle, Brees. And I really doubt he'll sign a veteren like we need, instead opting to get a ****ing young player that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Whenver he does get a young player, right when they are FINALLY developed he RELEASES THEM. I know some people call him a genious when it comes to being an owner, but i'm sick of it. GOD DAMNIT AJ

I think we need Marty to stand in his face for a half hour yelling "ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME..."

Please, tell me i'm not crazy.

so why are you so quick too bash others,for the lack of confidence in rivers,that you had yourself???

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #28
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerboy
That's right, I remember that game. That was the game where the refs let the Chargers have a "do over" punt return. There were several other horrible calls in that game as well against the Steelers, but, being the far superior team, they prevailed regardless of the adversity.

Wasn't that also the game where Tomlinson said that the opposing team had the best run defense he'd ever faced?

I think it was...
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #29
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerboy
Was it "luck" that held Tomilinson to 62 rushing yards?

So get over it, you lost.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-19-2006 at 08:50 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #30
MAN-O-STEEL
Water Boy

Member Number: 2085

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
hmmmm.....interesting....just a few months ago,you weren't too high on rivers taking over.....remember this???

My Rant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, since the people at most Chargers boards seem to think that Aj Smith is a genious and all, I can't really get an honest opinion, so maybe I can get it from Steeler fans. Here's what I posted at a Chargers board:

Quote:
Is it just me, or is Aj always looking WAY to far into the future. With the way he handles things, it doesn't really look like the Chargers will ever be fully re-built SB caliber team before Tomlinson retires. Last year we were SO close. So what does Aj do? Refuses to sign one of the biggest peices of the puzzle, Brees. And I really doubt he'll sign a veteren like we need, instead opting to get a ****ing young player that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Whenver he does get a young player, right when they are FINALLY developed he RELEASES THEM. I know some people call him a genious when it comes to being an owner, but i'm sick of it. GOD DAMNIT AJ

I think we need Marty to stand in his face for a half hour yelling "ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME..."

Please, tell me i'm not crazy.

so why are you so quick too bash others,for the lack of confidence in rivers,that you had yourself???
MOP THAT'S A HUGE REP POINT FOR PULLING THAT PAST POST OUT!!!!! AWESOME!!!!