Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #31
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: Rivers "Predictions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerboy
The steelers were lucky to beat us last year so get over your team please
You might want to go stock up on plenty of Alka-Seltzer for the sour stomach you're going to have watching the Chargers go into the tank with the "Rivers Experiment".

You might also want to start making your Marty and AJ Smith dolls so you can burn them in effigy halfway through the season.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #32
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
hmmmm.....interesting....just a few months ago,you weren't too high on rivers taking over.....remember this???

My Rant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, since the people at most Chargers boards seem to think that Aj Smith is a genious and all, I can't really get an honest opinion, so maybe I can get it from Steeler fans. Here's what I posted at a Chargers board:

Quote:
Is it just me, or is Aj always looking WAY to far into the future. With the way he handles things, it doesn't really look like the Chargers will ever be fully re-built SB caliber team before Tomlinson retires. Last year we were SO close. So what does Aj do? Refuses to sign one of the biggest peices of the puzzle, Brees. And I really doubt he'll sign a veteren like we need, instead opting to get a ****ing young player that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Whenver he does get a young player, right when they are FINALLY developed he RELEASES THEM. I know some people call him a genious when it comes to being an owner, but i'm sick of it. GOD DAMNIT AJ

I think we need Marty to stand in his face for a half hour yelling "ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME, ONE SEASON AT A TIME..."

Please, tell me i'm not crazy.

so why are you so quick too bash others,for the lack of confidence in rivers,that you had yourself???
That was nothing more then a vent after hearing about Brees being gone, mainly about the way Aj Smith treated veterens. And I wasn't "bashing" Suit for having doubts about Rivers. I don't expect him to think Rivers is going to be amazing, he's not a Charger fan and I can understand that. The thing I was saying is that every thread that has the slightest thing about Rivers, Suit is all over it to say how bad a QB he is despite even playing a full single NFL game. THAT is what I was "bashing" him about, this thread was meant as a joke and he felt the need to bash PR.

And about 'chargerboy' he's pretty a Chargers Fan version of 'Tha rock' so please feel free to disregaurd his posts.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #33
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Hey boLT fan!!

I guess you heard that AJ Smith and Marty now have Donnie Edwards targeted as the next veteran to get run out of San Diego.
Edwards is 33 years old and those two masterminds are asking a second round pick in return.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:05 PM   #34
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Hey, enjoy your pick...I thought I made it clear that the important thing was that the STEELERS didn't pick him.

Maybe by sitting he can become a servicable NFL QB.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #35
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
Hey boLT fan!!

I guess you heard that AJ Smith and Marty now have Donnie Edwards targeted as the next veteran to get run out of San Diego.
Edwards is 33 years old and those two masterminds are asking a second round pick in return.
This one has a reason. Edwards has been asking for a raise three years in a row now. Although I do think he deserves it, Aj is letting him see his value for most NFL teams which he'll most likely find is very small. There were reports of him griping in locker rooms occasionally about how he underapreciated, which he is. This is basically the same tactic Aj used on that certain TE that happens to be one of the best in the league. In the end we got Gates for an awesome bargin, as we will probably re-sign Edwards for if his play doesn't keep declining as it has been the past couple years. This is one move I agree on Aj with.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote