Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers notes: No visit to Revis Island

Steelers notes: No visit to Revis Island
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sp...is-island.html
By: Mike Bires
Beaver County Times

Tuesday December 14, 2010 11:20 PM

PITTSBURGH — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin won’t say how he plans to attack Revis Island. But since the NFL is a copycat league, don’t be surprised if the Steelers shy away from the Jets’ star cornerback on Sunday.

Darrelle Revis, the former Aliquippa and Pitt star, is so exceptional at pass coverage that most teams don’t even throw in his direction.

“I assume he is that good because I don’t have a lot of video evidence (to suggest otherwise). Nobody is throwing the ball in his direction,” Tomlin said. “We are in the early portions of our game planning, so I can’t speak to what his presence is going to do to us at this juncture. We acknowledge that he is a top quality player and that he’s capable of being a big time factor in a football game.”

Typically, Revis matches up man-to-man on an opponent’s best receiver. So there’s a good chance Sunday that Revis will follow Mike Wallace wherever he goes.

NO KNOCKS

Unlike coach Rex Ryan did with the Jets this summer, Tomlin will never allow the Steelers to appear on “Hard Knocks” if he has anything to do with it. “I don’t watch it,” Tomlin said. “I don’t watch it all. I have no interest, whatsoever, in doing 'Hard Knocks'. Hopefully, Mr. Rooney feels the same way.” Like Tomlin, chairman emeritus Dan Rooney and his son Art Rooney II, the team president, have no interest in having the Steelers featured on “Hard Knocks,” a reality TV series produced by NFL Films and HBO. The series follows a team throughout training camp and provides an in-depth look it prepares for the upcoming season.
Advertisement Click Here

MILLER GETS OK

TE Heath Miller will be back in the starting lineup when the Steelers host the Jets. Miller sat out this past Sunday due to a concussion. Miller was hurt in the Dec. 5 win in Baltimore. “Heath worked out (Tuesday) morning, He’s passed his post-concussion test and absolutely has no symptoms,” Tomlin said. “He’s full go for practice participation (today) and we anticipate having him back in the fold.” Overall, the Steelers are in decent shape from an injury standpoint. The only player on the 53-man roster who won't be available to play against the Jets is defensive end Aaron Smith, who's out indefinitely with a torn triceps injury.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Re: Steelers notes: No visit to Revis Island

Wallace on Revis: Bring it on
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sp...ing-it-on.html
By: Mike Bires
Beaver County Times

Wednesday December 15, 2010 02:48 PM

PITTSBURGH _ Darrelle Revis, the Aliquippa native who plays for the New York Jets, is regarded as the best cornerback in the NFL. He’s so good at what he does that many opponents won’t throw the ball in his direction even when Revis goes up against a team's best wide receiver.

On Sunday, there’s a good chance Revis will be matched up one-on-one with Steelers wide out Mike Wallace. If that’s the case, Wallace said he welcomes the challenge.
Advertisement Click for a free quote

“I don’t care,” Wallace said. “I mean, I don’t care about nobody. He’s just another guy. He’s a real good player, but hey, I’m a real good player myself. I don’t care about nobody out there. I don’t fear nobody. I don’t back down from anybody.”

Read more about what Wallace and Hines Ward think about Revis in Thursday’s editions of The Times or on the web at www.timesonline.com
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Jet's cornerbacks are very good, but their linebacking core is very weak. Tightends and slot recievers will tear the defense appart. Sanders could have a good game, as well as Miller and whoevere else comes out of the backfield to catch a pass, whether it be Moore or Redman.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

I think Wallace can and WILL beat Reavis on the deep route.Lets just hope Bens throws are on target this week!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

I'm expecting one or two long balls to Wallace when he beats Revis one-on-one.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
JiF
Banned

Member Number: 17497

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Jet's cornerbacks are very good, but their linebacking core is very weak. Tightends and slot recievers will tear the defense appart. Sanders could have a good game, as well as Miller and whoevere else comes out of the backfield to catch a pass, whether it be Moore or Redman.
The LB'ing core is weak in comparison to the Steelers...just like every other team in the league. But the Jets are strong up the middle with Bart Scott and possibly the most underrate ILB in the league in David Harris. And Pace and Thomas arent terrible...but arent great either.

The reason why teams have success against the Jets in the middle of the field is because their safeties are awful.
JiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiF View Post
The LB'ing core is weak in comparison to the Steelers...just like every other team in the league. But the Jets are strong up the middle with Bart Scott and possibly the most underrate ILB in the league in David Harris. And Pace and Thomas arent terrible...but arent great either.

The reason why teams have success against the Jets in the middle of the field is because their safeties are awful.
Believe me, we know who David Harris is... I wanted him so bad on draft day!!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,033 Times in 2,579 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

let's see if revis can stop a wallace bomb from happening ;)

revis already got beat deep by has-been randy moss. im sure wallace could blow by him too. it's just a matter of ben hitting him in stride.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Throw the ball to Heath on seam routes. They may be down to a 3rd string safety. Give Heath if he is good to go 15 balls!!
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #10
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

That will drop the LB's and give Mendy more room.
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote