Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default 10-3 Feels Great

10-3 Feels Great
Written by Lawrence Timmons Wednesday December 15 2010
http://www.timmons94.com/2010/12/15/10-3-feels-great

It was a real big win for us, huge, against the Bengals. Troy showed everybody what heís really about when he tweaked his knee during that unbelievable interception and TD. He limped to the sidelines but stayed in the game. He toughed it out because he knows heís a core part of this defense. Guys like me look up to Troy, he provides such energy for the whole team. He just said screw this injury, Iím going to stay in for the guys, put the pain aside and suck it up for the team.

When a guy does that itís just great to see. Heís a true competitor and football player. He carries himself every day like heís on NFL Films. Heís just unbelievable.

We gave up a TD on our first series and thatís just not like us. We always want to make it easier on the offense and provide that short field. We made it a lot easier by scoring two touchdowns instead and holding the Bengals to less than nothing after that first drive.

The Jets are next and theyíre coming off a loss to the Dolphins. They need a big win right now so I know theyíre going to come in here ready. They lost a division game and we know how that is. After a loss like that, the following weekís game is always a must-win. Thatís their personality. Theyíre going to come in here to take a W.

We have to come out and establish our game plan and stick to it. Hold them to little or nothing like we did with the Bengals. The Jets are tough. What you saw in that last game, you wonít see again, believe me. We expect them to bring their A game and be hitting on all cylinders.

And Santonio Holmes for sure is going to come in here and try to gas us. Heís the kind of playmaker that canít be stopped some games, you just have to try to make sure that he doesnít make too many big plays. He will be extra motivated to come back to where he was drafted. We let him go, and when a team lets you go it gives you incentive to show them what theyíre missing. Iím pretty sure heís going to try to tear us up. And Iím good friends with Santonio.

Weíre 10-3 and it feels great. We just want to finish strong now, because weíre No. 2 in the conference and you always want to finish No. 1. Thatís definitely the goal.

I also want to thank all you fans for the back-and-forth we have on Twitter. Itís fun when you guys respond to me, I enjoy Tweeting with you all. And I appreciate your support for the Pro Bowl this year, you can vote at www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot.

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.timmons94.com. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/lawrencetimmons. Vote for him for the Pro Bowl at www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote