Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Holmes returns to Pittsburgh for first time since trade

Holmes returns to Pittsburgh for first time since trade
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_713945.html#
By Mark Kaboly
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 16, 2010

Santonio Holmes will return to Pittsburgh for the first time since being traded in April, and it appears he bears no ill will toward the organization. "I don't care anything what's going on at the Steelers' facility," Holmes said during a conference call with the media Wednesday afternoon. Holmes was traded in the offseason to the Jets for a fifth-round pick, mostly because his off-field troubles. The final straw was when Holmes was set to be suspended for the first four games because of he violated the NFL's substance abuse policy. Holmes said he was very upset when he was told that he was traded, and still hasn't been told why he was moved. "I couldn't tell you," Holmes said. "I got a phone call, and (they) said I was traded. I didn't ask why. I just got my (stuff) and I left."

Ben Roethlisberger may work in Pittsburgh, but that doesn't mean he has to be happy about Pitt's interest in naming Mike Haywood of Miami (Ohio) as its coach. "I heard that," Roethlisberger said. "Two and done at Miami. It's a shame." Roethlisberger played at Miami for three years before getting drafted in first round by the Steelers in 2004. Roethlisberger was coached at Miami by the late Terry Hoeppner. "I really don't know him," Roethlisberger said of Haywood. "He never reached out to me."

Linebacker James Harrison was not at practice yesterday because of illness. Also sitting out for the Steelers were tackle Flozell Adams (ankle), cornerback Bryant McFadden (hamstring), safety Troy Polamalu (ankle), defensive end Aaron Smith (triceps) and wide receiver Hines Ward. Notable Jets sitting out were defensive end Trevor Pryce (hip), running backs Tony Richardson LaDainian Tomlinson, and offensive tackle Damien Woody (knee).

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts
Default Re: Holmes returns to Pittsburgh for first time since trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Holmes returns to Pittsburgh for first time since trade
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_713945.html#
By Mark Kaboly
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 16, 2010

• Santonio Holmes will return to Pittsburgh for the first time since being traded in April, and it appears he bears no ill will toward the organization. "I don't care anything what's going on at the Steelers' facility," Holmes said during a conference call with the media Wednesday afternoon. Holmes was traded in the offseason to the Jets for a fifth-round pick, mostly because his off-field troubles. The final straw was when Holmes was set to be suspended for the first four games because of he violated the NFL's substance abuse policy. Holmes said he was very upset when he was told that he was traded, and still hasn't been told why he was moved. "I couldn't tell you," Holmes said. "I got a phone call, and (they) said I was traded. I didn't ask why. I just got my (stuff) and I left."

Same quotes from Holmes in the P-G story today

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10350/1111111-66.stm

So Holmes "couldn't tell you" why he was traded?

Take a good guess Santonio - Tomlin tried to help you to grow up and you responded by failing another drug test - poor you

This season has had a lot of issues on offense (most injury related) but the Steelers have done an excellent job of attempting to replace a diva WR who was not coming back in 2011 under any circumstances

Holmes will always be remembered for his role in winning SB XLIII but i am glad the Jets or some other team can run the risk of signing him to a big ticket contract
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote