Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,702 Posts
Default Re: texas 500- who to watch/ who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
you must know something i dont. im thinking of the dei where steve park was the 1st driver for the #1 penzoil car (single car operation until budweiser and dale jr. came on board.)
jr is barely better than half the field on road coarses. they are 1/18th on the schedule. i dont think schumacher would be better than stewart, gordon, johnson in cup, nor would they be any better in formula 1. i dont judge jr.s capability to drive nextel cup by his road races. hes better than what those finishes would indicate. as im sure jj is. 9off the top of my head i dont know what jj's career road record is comared to other races. i know robbie gordon is pretty good on the road tracks.
Dale Earnhardt, Inc. debuted in Winston Cup in 1996 as the #14 Racing for Kids Chevrolet, driven by Robby Gordon at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Jeff Green drove the car in two more races that year. The next year, Busch Series standout Steve Park drove the car in five races with the Burger King sponsorship. In 1998, the team switched numbers with car owner Richard Jackson, (who was running out of funding for his team), with the car changing from #14 to #1, and receiving sponsorship from Pennzoil and Park making a bid for NASCAR Rookie of the Year honors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Earnhardt,_Inc.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

http://www.daleearnhardtinc.com/cont...nyhistory.aspx

As far as Shumacher, he would dominate in road racingno matter what he's driving...look at all the ringers who come in and run successfully in Cup road courses.

The differences between Cup and open wheel are myriad, but you don't have to be as good a driver in Cup. Dale Jarrett had admitted numerous times that he's not half the wheel man that JG, Tony Stewart and the like are, but driving ability is only part of the equation in Cup.

I'm not saying tha Jr. is a BAD driver, just that he's never going to be anywhere near one of the best out there. Anyway, this is likely to be another one of THOSE arguments...have fun.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #23
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Jimmie
Martin
Junior
Stewart
Kyle Busch
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:54 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,810 Times in 4,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
http://www.daleearnhardtinc.com/cont...nyhistory.aspx

As far as Shumacher, he would dominate in road racingno matter what he's driving...look at all the ringers who come in and run successfully in Cup road courses.

The differences between Cup and open wheel are myriad, but you don't have to be as good a driver in Cup. Dale Jarrett had admitted numerous times that he's not half the wheel man that JG, Tony Stewart and the like are, but driving ability is only part of the equation in Cup.

I'm not saying tha Jr. is a BAD driver, just that he's never going to be anywhere near one of the best out there. Anyway, this is likely to be another one of THOSE arguments...have fun.
i didnt realize you were talking about truck or busch series (or merchandising ventures). so i will re phrase and say the dei CUP TEAM was a vitually a start up before dale jr. joined the team. teresa selling dales name is a far cry from fielding one of the best teams in the cup series.

we agree on the shumacher aspect. while he might look like boris said or r. fellows on a roAd course track, hed probably fare as well as r. gordon has on all other tracks. the only cup driver id give a shot to be slightly better than a field filler in f-1 would be gordon (possibly stewart).

believe me, i dont have jr. placed on some high pedestal but i definitely disagree with the fact that he was placed into the same situation jimmie johnson was when he got his 1st ride (in cup).
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #25
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I don't particularly care for Junior. His "personality" seems like that of a punk. (shrugs)
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #26
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
I don't particularly care for Junior. His "personality" seems like that of a punk. (shrugs)
i don't know if i'd say punk...but he definitely has an air of arrogance about him. and the way he rips his team when they have a bad run ,or a pit stop mistake, is just pathetic.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #27
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
out of all cup drivers, dale jr. is the one most like someone i wouldve ran with and hung out with in high school. (and i never hung with the hicks or cowboys/ffa members in highschool) him, e. saddler, j. mcmurray, are 3 dudes id probably enjoy sitting at a bar, shooting the shit, and slugging some brews with.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #28
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
i don't know if i'd say punk...but he definitely has an air of arrogance about him. and the way he rips his team when they have a bad run ,or a pit stop mistake, is just pathetic.
like father like son, i guess. i hated dale sr. but found dale jr. much more tolerable.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:15 AM   #29
daleemnm
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
wow. jr. an average driver in better equipment? i always looked at it as the other way. d.e.i. was a start up right before jr stepped in. saying dei has some of the best equipment is kind of like saying d. snyder has some of the best players. dei has never proven to be able to hang with the more established teams such as hendrick, roush, gibbs, and penske and childress to some extent. other than the resrtictor plate collaboration between dei, petre, and childress id say dei has had the 6th strongest team/ program out there. maybe 7th if you throw in yates, but probably 6th.
DEI has mediocre equipment. I think the only seasons it was good was in 2003 and 2004 when he was a title contender and won 8 races in those 2 years. I think he is one of the top drivers on the circuit.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #30
tony hipchest

kenseth changes engine and will start from the back. he has won here from the back before but i wouldnt count on that happening twice. i must revise:

1) g. biffle
2) e. saddler
3) kurt bush
4) m. martin
5) k. kahne
6) t. stewart
7) m. kenseth

Last edited by tony hipchest; 04-09-2006 at 11:41 AM.