Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: bengals suck?

With a healthy Carson Palmer, I feel they will be a force to be reckoned with. The offseason moves they made were smart ones in my opinion. They beefed up the area where they were the weakest (run defense). I still feel we will be the better team when all is said and done, but I find it very hard to downplay or underestimate that Bengal team.
__________________

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-09-2006 at 10:34 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #12
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter
 
BlackNGold203's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 2,193
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1217
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: bengals suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
With a healthy Carson Palmer, I feel they will be a force to be reckoned with. The offseason moves they made were smart ones in my opinion. They beefed up the area where they were the weakest (run defense). I still feel we will be the better team when all is said and done, but I find it very hard to downplay or underestimate that Bengal team.
agreed...but Palmer is the x-factor...they have been spinning this hard..but I'm tellin ya...he's hurt bad...and when he gets back..he wont be close to what he was....

no Palmer?....8-8 max
__________________
BlackNGold203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: bengals suck?

I'm not up to date on how Palmer's rehabilitation is coming along and I have no medical field experience so it's hard for me to make an accurate prediction on when Palmer will be back and healthy, but If they don't have him they will be in trouble. I don't care if they have Martin or Harrington backing him up.
__________________

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-09-2006 at 02:50 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #14
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer
 
Midnightwriter1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 330
Member Number: 2182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: bengals suck?

i dont care who is at QB.. i just wanna see johnson throw a temper tantrum again and start punching his coaches. I think that was one of the finer moments the bengals hadthis year. Poor chad not getting his way makes him a very very dull boy.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: bengals suck?

That was pretty amusing. Good ol' Chad. Does his little dances, runs his big mouth, freaks out on his players and coaching staff and then gets on national television to tell everybody that everything was blown out of proportion and that nothing occured.

Starting to sound like somebody else we have all come to know and love that is currently playing for the Dallas Cowboys.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #16
SteelerzGirl
Banned
 
SteelerzGirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Steelers Country!
Posts: 2,099
Gender: Female
Member Number: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: bengals suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
i dont care who is at QB.. i just wanna see johnson throw a temper tantrum again and start punching his coaches. I think that was one of the finer moments the bengals hadthis year. Poor chad not getting his way makes him a very very dull boy.
Oh that Chad is such a diva...(lol)!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #17
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: bengals suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
I'm not up to date on how Palmer's rehabilitation is coming along and I have no medical field experience so it's hard for me to make an accurate prediction on when Palmer will be back and healthy, but If they don't have him they will be in trouble. I don't care if they have Martin or Harrington backing him up.
As far as rehab goes, the latest reports say that Carson is right on schedule. He threw with the team for 30 minutes thursday. He is walking normally and has now started slow jogging.

At this point it looks like he will be able to start the opener, it's just a issue of whether or not the team will declare him ready.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #18
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 156 degrees 17' 30" W 20 degrees 55' N
Posts: 1,749
Member Number: 1645
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: bengals suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd0613
what does everyone think about the bengals adding adams and jackson to there D i dont think they will be so easy to run on i think we need to have a good draft day to keep the championship in pittsburgh.
Cincy went from having one of the easiest schedules in 2005 to the most difficult (tied w/Giants). If they trip out of the gate then even making the playoffs may be tough.

The health of our O-line will have a greater impact on our ability to run against the Bengals - especially if Duce does more than look angsted and overpriced in a sweatsuit.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #19
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 156 degrees 17' 30" W 20 degrees 55' N
Posts: 1,749
Member Number: 1645
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default One more reason to hate the Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
That was pretty amusing. Good ol' Chad. Does his little dances, runs his big mouth, freaks out on his players and coaching staff and then gets on national television to tell everybody that everything was blown out of proportion and that nothing occured.

Starting to sound like somebody else we have all come to know and love that is currently playing for the Dallas Cowboys.
What a great place for TO to go. Worst case scenario we get to hate the Cowboys even more. Best case scenario is that he shoots that star right into the ground. I'm pulling for the latter.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #20
SteelerMurf
Bench Warmer
 
SteelerMurf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: STEELER COUNTRY
Posts: 244
Member Number: 2064
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: bengals suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina
Just because the Bengals had 1 good year, don't start worrying about whay they do. Next year, they will be back to the same old Bengals.

Good point here and they faded badly at the end of the year.
__________________
SteelerMurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts